Calgary - a little GS motocross action

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Stand Up, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Stand Up

Stand Up Ride non-painted roads

Oddometer:
    Hey guys,
    I'm heading south and west of town to the "informal" motocross park to see if I get get the GS airborne. Not 10' like the kids....maybe a foot...want to play around with suspension settings. Lots of little hills, sand, mud, gravel, grass. I'll be at McLeod Trail and Dunbow Road at 6:00 Wed. ps Lots of room for the air ambulance to land.
  2. tokenboy

tokenboy Gnirly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Do you have coordinates for this "informal" track? I assume you are not taking the GS to Wildrose at Blackfoot.
  3. RED CAT

RED CAT Bumpy Backroader

Oddometer:
    Meeting at 6 but what time are we heading out? Lets not waste too much time waiting for guys who figure their time is worth more than ours.
  4. billy_037

billy_037 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Brian,

Sorry can't make it this night. Looking forward to explore more unknown gravel roads in AB.
    Have fun.

Wim
  5. dastick

dastick dastick

Oddometer:
    Sure hope you took your camera along for this one.
  6. dastick

dastick dastick

Oddometer:
    :lurk Still waiting for pics of an airborn gs. And the details of where this informal track is.
  7. tokenboy

tokenboy Gnirly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Same here...
  8. ~dirtgirl~

~dirtgirl~ Dirty girl!

Oddometer:
    So Brian did you get any air on that beast?? I was over there on Thursday night, I should have been there a day before! Let us know if you go again and I will try to make it over. S
  9. Stand Up

Oddometer:
    Wayne showed up with his African Twin, we did one lap, decided to do the backroads tour to Turner Valley. Coming home at dusk, I looked to my left, there were 6 white tail deer running along beside me 5 feet away, the race was on, luckily I was winning, it was strange hitting the gas when that close to wildlife. Saw 3 other deer later .... and here I thought it was the perfect road.
    I'm thinking about heading back there this Wed at 6:00..... it was kinda busy that night, no organization, 8 year old kids riding around, lots of hills and trees, not the safest place to go fast, but still a great place to practice off-roading. Location - 230 Ave and 16 St.
  10. Stand Up

Oddometer:
    I went over to the "track" today. New signs are up - trespassers will be prosecuted. A few kids were still riding in there, but I skipped it.