Calgary V-Stroms to invade British Columbia

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Calgary-Yogi, Aug 30, 2006.

1. Calgary-Yogi

Calgary-Yogi Adventurer

Oddometer:
    GROUP RIDE to Radium Hot Springs.

After having such a great group ride last weekend I thought I would throw another one out there.

The ride will be departing the Tuscany Solby's / Starbucks @ 09:30

We will head out HWY-1A with a stop at the Shell station in Canmore (hopefully to meet up with Night_Wolf) then its onto Castle Junction via the Bow Valley Parkway and Radium Hot Springs via HWY-93. My GPS calculates the round trip to be 520KM so we might have to gas up in Radium before returning.

:freaky It would be great if some of the BC Stroms could meet up with us in Radium for lunch. :freaky

This is a fairly long group ride I know, but we used up the only other good one on the first ride. The long range forecast for Sept.10 is FAIR (14)
    Post a reply at the link below if you can make it

http://stromtrooper.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7821
  2. Calgary-Yogi

Calgary-Yogi Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Well, After meeting riders at 3 pick up points. (Thanks to Stampeder for showing up, to tell us he could not ride today so we did not have to wait for him. That was truely appreciated and saved us a bunch of time) we were off to the races with 2xDL650, 2XDL1K and a SV1000.

The ride turned out to be from Calgary to Sask River Crossing for lunch then on the ice fields to show them to NightWolf. After the ice fields half the group travel back to Calgary via Hwy11 and NightWolf and I retraced our ride back to Canmore. For most of the boys it ended up being about a 700KM day.

[​IMG] [​IMG] **WARNING** HWY11 is not SV friendly, seamingly it is too long as the SV ran out of gas and had to rescued by both the DL1000 [​IMG] [​IMG] could not resist this dig
    [​IMG] For sale one gas can used only once [​IMG]

I have posted the pictures from the ride in the gallery. Go the the URL http://vstrom.info/vsri-gallery/gallery/main.php and search for Sept.10
    I will need a l little assistance from NightWolf to post the videos so stay tuned.

I believe we are planning another ride for Sept.24 so check the forums

Again what a great day to be ride with a group of both new and old friends.

Later
    Yogi