California dual sport and adventure rides and tracks

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - West & PNW' started by safischer, Jun 5, 2017.

1. goodquest

goodquest Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looks good, thanks for posting
  2. A66auto

A66auto Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Are you in Folsom?
  3. molochnik

molochnik Anhedonic Enthusiast

Oddometer:
    Wow; just read through your ride report on your site. Fantastic pictures and commentary!
  4. Socalrider11

Socalrider11 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    safischer- these are incredible! Do you have the gpx for the Eastern Sierra ride you have on the blog?
  5. Toytec

Toytec Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Very well done! Awesome stuff.
    Can anyone here explain how to get my BMW nav to read these files? I added one to it with my desk top but cannot figure out how to open it.
  6. michaeldorian

michaeldorian Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thank you! This is so helpful.
  7. wbbnm

wbbnm Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for posting this. Lots of good stuff here. I remember your comments on bike size on your Mex to Canada trip in maybe a ride report. I agree 100% with them.

Another subject. Back in 1979 a group of us did a ride in Death Valley. One of the days we rode Marble Canyon and Cottonwood canyons northwest of Stovepipe wells.
    I remember riding a canyon lined with white marble and also a canyon lined with black marble that day.

I think the white marble canyon was Marble canyon, but cannot find the black marble one. I posted this over in one of the DV threads and didn't get any help.

Have you by any chance run across this? I suspect the road we took is now closed, but I can't find anything like this on old maps or Google Earth photos.

Thans.
  8. safischer

safischer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yeah, that was probably just the upper end of Marble Canyon. The rock gets darker as you proceed until you hit the fall and can't go further via motorcycle.
    IMG_6232_1K.jpg
    NSFW and KEELAYMONSTER like this.
  9. safischer

safischer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks, I am glad it is helpful.
  10. safischer

safischer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Unfortunately for that week of riding I did not have my GPS working properly. On some of the days we just kind of explored various trails in the various area without any previous intel, finding some interesting tracks along the way.
  11. safischer

safischer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Close. Gold River.
  12. MarkEngland

MarkEngland Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for posting and providing the GPS/KML file. Will be ridding the "Donner Summit abandoned train tunnels" this weekend.
  13. brap attack

brap attack Adventurer

Oddometer:
    these are all really awesome. I'll be traveling to the California from NV/AZ and am looking for a connection of something at least off the blacktop anywhere from death valley all the way south to Yuma (I have GPS routes all the way north to south for that) heading to San Diego. I can really take any option there, I'm just looking for the funnest way to cross Cali from East to west to San Diego. I was planning on riding south on the Arizona Peace Trail all the way to Yuma or there abouts, than heading west. Any Route info would be greatly appreciated.

Edit, found a route across from Bylthe to San Diego, seems like it will do the trick, although any other options are still welcome. Route found here, https://advrider.com/f/threads/the-southern-route.1035083/
  14. ForestHill

ForestHill Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks! I'm local to the Folsom area and these types of routes are just what I was looking for.
  15. ruckus430

ruckus430 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    New advrider beginning to mess around with Locus, got a map with the USGS overlay. Looking forward to plugging in these tracks thanks alot guys
  16. Zuppy51

Zuppy51 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Steve, thanks for sharing these! Really appreciate it, will be planning on using a few near Nevada City shortly....
  17. Kayakgk

Kayakgk Long timer

Oddometer:
    Steven,
    Thank You for posting these.