California SR-36

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by jimstrider, Nov 13, 2002.

1. jimstrider

jimstrider Adventure StRider

Oddometer:
    The circuit from the SF Bay to SR-36 and back that I wrote about some time ago is becoming a reality this weekend.

If you would like to make a long-ish (about 600 miles) ride this Sunday, 17 November, meet at the Chevron station at the Washington exit off of 101 in Petaluma at 7am.

At this point, it's R-dubb and me from the ADVrider board, plus two of our riding acquaintances. The pace will be brisk. Please join us if you would like. R-dubb doesn't like to wait, so don't expect us to hang around at the gas station too long. :D

And fish, yer welcome to join us if'n ya ain't too skeered o' Bambi. :evil
  2. jocflier

jocflier Dammit, that hurt... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Jim;

Thanks for the invite..But i think there is a east bay riding going on and then a BBQ at David Rivers place..Oh and fish is down in San Diego doing some work..Where you been?

Joc:):
  3. R-dubb

R-dubb Dubbious Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Golly Jim,

I know I'm a bit itchy sometimes, but I'll wait for two or three minutes if there's a reason to expect someone to show up. Just cause Ricardo overslept, oh...I mean got stuck on the bridge, and missed the whole ride. I've kinda felt bad about that one ever since.:cry

See you on Sunday. What about Jean-Luc? Wanna come out and play?

:dj
    R-dubb
  4. Jean-Luc

Jean-Luc Throttle committed

Oddometer:
    That's more than tempting but I have to decline :(: My wife and daughter are coming back on Friday after 5 weeks of absence and so there is no way I can ride the first weekend they're back :arg
    Next time I hope!
  5. Lone*Star

Lone*Star Redneck loaned as SFITFN

Oddometer:
    Jim,

Yeah, thanks for the invitation. I would love to tag along and try to keep up with you guys, but I'll be heading over to David's for the ride and the "Q." Maybe next time.
  6. fish

fish Banned

Oddometer:
    Just got back today, so tomorrow would be out anyway. I like 36...it's a fun road. Nonetheless, what's the point of just riding up to 36 and back? What's your route? If it's at all interesting, it will be quite a bit more than 600 miles. Are you just slabbing up and back? :ear
  7. R-dubb

R-dubb Dubbious Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Good question.

The shortest way is up 101 across 36 down I-5 and back. 580 miles. A bit longer (640) is across to Hwy1 from Petaluma. Up to Garberville and north on Alderpoint Rd. to 36. and back on I-5.

I'm hoping we'll do that! Too bad you can't join us. It's been quiet while your gone. :):

Coming back will be dark; so the I-5 grind will be just fine.

:dj
    R-dubb