California To Panama Super Adventura

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Mendo, Mar 4, 2009.

1. AadmanZ

AadmanZ Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Awesome... :freaky
  2. TheDudeAbides

TheDudeAbides Sarcasm free11/11/10

Oddometer:
    :thumb Oh to be young and stupid and carefree and shirtless.
  3. Throttlemeister

Throttlemeister Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    This is why you travel to Mexico and beyond before your married and still young, rock on:freaky

Somebody said you got to "go before you're the old scary guy at the hostel" and he was right.:wink:
  4. tetsuo69

tetsuo69 Freakin' Amazing

Oddometer:
    Man, crazy trip. This is the stuff lives are made of. Hope you get some better luck going forward.
  5. Ben99r1

Ben99r1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wow! I heard of your trip from fish finders RR. I am glad I found it. Your rr is taking me back to my early 20's. This is the kind of trip I will make my son take. Once he is out of collage. I will even send him on my dime. Ben
  6. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Looks like the arm sling has worked as a babe magnet too :lol3

Excellent adventure :thumb Keep it comin' :lurk
  7. aztec06

aztec06 mono loco

Oddometer:
    this is the 'spring break' of ride reports. you young 'uns rock! :thumb:freaky
  8. TwilightZone

TwilightZone Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Wot happened with the broken leg?
    Don't tell me he's still riding with it?
  9. bananaman

bananaman transcontimental

Oddometer:
    +1 kazillion
  10. Mendo

Mendo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Its a broken foot and he is still riding on it but its doing ok. and yes [borat voice]We like to party[/borat voice] :rilla:killen
  11. Mendo

Mendo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Day 35 Douchel Robinson

Shane and Jeff wake up really early to ride 150 miles to Oxaca to try and get a new passport for shane while I chill in Puerto Escondido. The ride ended up taking them 6 hours each way and was twisting at 20 mph for most of the trip. Elevations reached 9000 feet 30 miles from the coast and it got very cold. They found the US Consulate and did all the neccessary paperwork and were told to call back on thursday and they would tell us when we could come get the new passport.
    [​IMG]
    Meanwhile I met up with some of the Austrailian guys from the hostel and we went swimming in the ocean for a bit and got some smoothies down on the beach and just kicked it. [​IMG]
    Went over to the hostel and met everyone there and was cooked a amazing meal by a Israily guy named tom. The group of about 10 of us sat down and had a nice dinner and drank wine and talked of plans for tonight.
    [​IMG]
    Then somebody busted out the Wine Coolers, oh ho ho ho! You ever rode that train? It...is...rough. You have about 70 of those and you are flying! lol. In all seriousness I went back to our hotel and grab our big bottle of tequilla which we were told was one of the best in mexico and we passed around shots to everyone until it was time to go out.
    Jeff and Shane showed up right on time and met up with us at a local bar where everyone was. I ended up bringing the rest of the bottle into the bar and was pouring shots for everyone again. The owner saw me doing it and gave me a thumbs up, I love mexico. As I am carrying around a huge bottle of tequilla, not wearing a shirt and having girls hang all over me I came to the realization that I may have become one of the douche bags that we always make fun of. When we looked at the pictures the next day, the douchness of myself was revealed and confirmed. LOL[​IMG]
  12. Montek

Montek Eternal Noob

Oddometer:
    3 male whores drink thier way to panama, while riding motorcycles Between beddings:rofl , using medical equipment as bait.:clap :clap

Way to go guys, (I hate to lead young people astray), but, These are the best trips you'll ever take as a single man. Do not tell you mothers everything and certainly inform dad not to allow mom to to view this rr.:lol3 :lol3 :lol3

Keep it UP!! er, I mean, keep us informed:deal
  13. Nata Harli

Nata Harli Accidental Tourista

Oddometer:
    I'm glad he didn't refer to me by name. :evil

Great report guys. You need to come to Colorado in August to SALARR and you can give a presentation on "Chick Magnet Arm Slings".

:lurk
  14. Throttlemeister

Oddometer:
    I was wondered if that was you :D

This is one hell of a trip for the girls, these are the days.:clap
  15. Mendo

Mendo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hahahahaha couldent of said it better myself:rayof:ricky
  16. Mendo

Mendo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ive think ive decided it may be best for me to end this trip and let me shoulder heal correctly. Went to two doctors today and they both said I am risking permanent injury and will need surgery if I continue the trip and its just really just not enjoyable riding with my shoulder the way it is and I dont see it getting better by riding on it everyday.
    Would anyone be interested in flying in and doing their own adventure ride on my bike back to California or buying it from me and going wherever you like from here? Or does anyone know how I can ship it back? I am not a happy camper right now :cry

Here are the specs

2002 XR650R
    CA Street Legal with plates till dec 09
    Baja Designs Street Legal Kit
    Acerbis 6.6 gallon tank
    New Ironman Sprockets and Chain
    ESP Suspention
    FMF Powercore Pipe
    Pro Taper bars
    Scott Tripple Clamps
    XR´s only rotor fins and oil temp gauge
    Giant Loop Bags

Bike was just gone through by mechanic before I left and valves are all in spec, starts first kick, runs very strong, no mechanical problems at all. When I crashed the bike slid on the left side and scuffed the gas tank and broke the clutch perch. We put on a new clutch lever on and rigged up the decomp lever back up. I am confindent the bike will go where ever you want. Had less then 800 miles on it before we left. If you are interested in working something out please email me, my email is
    cpuder at puderproductions.net

asking $3500
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  17. Throttlemeister

Oddometer:
    That is a real bummer or you could always just get addictated to pain meds for the rest of you life:D
    Everybody has to make choices and only you know what you really need to do, hate to see this one come to an end:cry

Good luck with a speedy recovery Amigo:freaky
  18. Fishfund

Fishfund Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A smart man. I have seen the bike in person and it does start first kick, and it wheelies better than my husky. It is a good deal for anyone that wants it. It is a shame that it has to end this way, but Chris is proving how wise he is. We all will miss the party posts though!
  19. banshee

banshee hi

Oddometer:
    awww, bummer. looks like you got some great memories! :ricky
  20. Jeffh555

Jeffh555 F'n n00b

Oddometer:
    I´m very much not exicited to see Chris leave, but it may be the right decision, I really don´t know what I´d do.

I´ve been riding his XR for the last couple days, as he´s been on my KLR. Whoever ends up with it is getting a killer deal and gets to explore my favorite region of mexico thus far if they choose to head up the coast from here.

I´m not quite sure the party posts will come to an end... I´ll just have to start writing them, and it will just be me and Shane untill we find you Luke.

Unfortunately we managed to lose the card reader, so I´ll need to find a new one to upload the pics from last night.

Jeff