Calling All Utah Geocachers!: Assistance Needed

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by t-dub, Oct 4, 2019.

1. t-dub

t-dub Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    FB7F0FC7-63E1-464C-953A-F2B4AF14DFAD.jpeg View attachment 1926813 CE52E1CA-8851-43AF-BD5C-F2CF81579816.png Yep, my wife left her sunglasses on a rock on the right side of 021 trail headed to Wallsburg, Utah south of Heber City. They are Wiley Xs with a gasket.

Approximate GPS coordinates in 1st pic.
    If someone is riding that way & finds them, I will pay the shipping to Boise + a cash finder’s fee for your effort!

It was a Doh!! Moment on her part. She fell over & set them down to pick the bike up(Yeah, picked it up on her own) but front brake was gone from a slight fluid leak from the line getting hit (got fixed in Heber City)

We are on the last leg of a long trip & by the time she realized they were missing it was too late to go get them. Getting too dark to go back through that rocky section.
  2. msteward

msteward Long timer

Oddometer:
    I ride up near this area so I might try this challenge on Monday. Are you sure of the location you posted up, and anything I should look for that might stand out. Weathers been nice since then so hopefully there still there.
  3. t-dub

t-dub Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That would be awesome, thanks for the attempt!

Yes, the location and gps coordinates are accurate to about 20 meters as we didn’t get coordinates while at the tip over site. They should be on a flat rock on the right side of the road. This is where the road turns right sharply and starts ascending the loose rock section. I would estimate 50 meters after the right turn into the rocks. Thanks again and good luck!

Cheers,Trent
  4. msteward

msteward Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'll give it a go, it's kind of short ride up to that point from where i will be parking. Might get some good pics while up there.

i will let you tomorrow.
  5. msteward

msteward Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well I had no luck up there today. With all the traffic from hunters this past week I'm am sure they had gotten picked up.

The gps location shows it to be on trail 619 though. Did you come up from Wallsburg, because that is 121, and cross the creeks and then left at the sheep farmers camp and up the hill to that location? I came from the Hobble Creek side up to that spot then down to almost the pavement that comes out of wallsburg.

It's pretty rocky up there from any direction you come, have to give the misses kudos if she made up that far and only dropped it once. These are pretty close to that location.
    IMG_4158.JPG IMG_4159.JPG
    sceep likes this.
  6. t-dub

t-dub Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey, sorry I didn't get an email notification that I thought I had set for replies. Thank you very much for taking the ride through there and the pics! I believe that the rockiest hill where she set them is right around the bend in the direction your bike is facing, is that correct? We did come in from the Hobble Creek side and worked our way to 021 to Wallsburg. The sheep farmers camp sounds familiar--it was all rutted out on the downhill with an alternate two-track to the right (headed downhill). She is a very good rider (tons of dirt bike experience and rides trials all the time in the intermediate class) and I was suprised how much her 2019 690 was getting knocked offline when I rode the bike up the rocky hill (and I have 60lbs on her) vs my revalved 950SE. We are going to get it revalved to be more plush through rocky and square edge bump terrain. If you happen to be in Boise let me know and we'll buy you dinner. Cheers, Trent
  7. msteward

msteward Long timer

Oddometer:
    No problem, I believe that was the spot. That one pic was looking down the hill and my bike facing going up. You are right on the downhill to the sheep farmers camp, there are work arounds for the rutted up main trail. Back in the spring there was a big mud hole right there, so the 4 wheelers or sxs's made a work around. At least I got to go out and ride but sad for her glasses/goggles. There are some tougher trails in the area up there I would like to check, when I went up in the spring there was still snow and then the next time there where tree's down. So I will be back up there next spring again.
    Sure would have like to ride up there, I watch videos from there all the time. I feel I am missing out on some great stuff, and not even that far away. I will look you up when I come that way.
  8. t-dub

t-dub Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for trying to help. She actually just ordered a new pair so all good. That was our first time riding in that particular area and you have an amazing backyard. We will definitely be back through there again. Cheers, Trent.