Calling - NYC/NJ

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by Asterix, Apr 18, 2002.

1. Asterix

Asterix This user's email bounces

Oddometer:
    Anyone up for getting together on any Tuesday at Ear Inn in Manhattan. Maybe start with this Tuesday? Possibly plan weekend rides to Bear Mountain, Hawks Nest , Marcus too???

Details:

The Ear Inn (NYC) Restaurant. euro urban warriors, poseurs, pro racers. Every Tuesday year 'round. 8-11 pm. 326 Spring Street (between Greenwich and Washington), Soho (Manhattan).
  2. Clark

Clark Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It sounds like fun, driving into the city at night. If my better half will give the OK, I'll be there ~8:30.
  3. AJ2

AJ2 Master of the Universe

Oddometer:
    Damn it all, I'm busy this tues. but will try my best to reschedule, but more likely aiming for next tues. the 30th.

What's Hawk's Nest?
  4. Asterix

Oddometer:
    Here is a brief description "Hawks Nest, one-half mile of twisting, narrow two-lane road cut into a mountainside overlooking the Delaware River just north of here. On one side of the highway is a nearly straight 100-foot-plus drop to the river. Just off the other shoulder is a mountain of solid rock."

There is a cafe up there called Hawks Nest Cafe :doh, which is great place to take a break have a :1drink , grab a bite take in the views and head back. This part of the twisties is actually a favourite for car ads being filmed!
  5. Asterix

Oddometer:
    Given the chance of rain this Tuesday maybe we need to bump it up to following Tuesday...
  6. Clark

Clark Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I can't make it the following Tuesday, I be driving back from Az. with my father-in-law. The next one should be OK.
  7. Zodiac

Zodiac loosely portrayed

Oddometer:
    I'm in. I live 4 blocks from the Ear (King St.) Inn.

Summer's bike nights are a little bit of a "scene" (I get enough of that outside my SoHo window) but it's a great bar and it's got great chow.

Sitting outside w a Guinness in hand, looking at bikes, model chics all around. Hell, just sitting there and watching the people who pull up in Z8's and Benteley's as they go into the trendy place cross the street's worth a trip there. See all kinds.

I'll swing by tomorrow if anyone's goin.