Calling out, TRS owners! Questions/things to share.

Discussion in 'Trials' started by Sting32, Mar 14, 2018.

1. y4m4

y4m4 Calvin

Oddometer:

I don't get the fizz often, but those pictures definitely gave me the "fizzing sensation".

:raabia
  2. Gordy

Gordy SUPPORTER

Oddometer:
    Thanks! You really need to try this bike out. From my quick first ride impressions, it is better than I thought it would be.
    The brakes are still bedding in but that front is awesome. I heard some guys say that it was too powerful but it is not. It is strong but the big deal is the progressive feel. They did change the pad material for this one so maybe they took some of the quick bite out?
    The bike sounds like the Factory TRS bikes that I heard at the Kingman GP. Much more throaty and strong sounding. The power is also better coming off the bottom. I’m using a 118/52 jetting with the needle unchanged. I might move that up to see what happens when I get bored. It’s pretty sweet power right now so probably just leave it alone. Mapping is changed so that could be another contributing factor.
    The electric start is great. I’m telling’ you guys, this is the way to go! .nod. When I stop, I just leave it in gear and kill it with the clutch and lean it on something. Get back on, pull the clutch, press the button and go. No messing with the shifter to find neutral or kicking. I’ll not dwell on that but suffice to say, I’m a convert, big time.
    The 3 way Reiger is already plush and I expect that to get better as it breaks in.
    I don’t know what they did to the already excellent clutch but it feels like it still slips nice but the “quick bite” is better.
    Golds have a quicker throttle cam and I can’t say I noticed that but maybe that is what I’m feeling with the better “quick” bite of the clutch. :dunno
    They have cleaned up the wiring around the steering head area. That is welcome.
    The air filter cover-access is now secured with three bolts and is even easier than the already easy access.
    The oil drain, fill and sight glass is by far the best design on z as my trials bike currently sold. It makes bikes like the Sherco/Scorpa oil change deal hide in shame. What a joke that is now (and has been).
    Bike comes with Renthal bars.
    Foot pegs are now also even better with steel pin cleats.
    Jordi and the team hit the styling out of the park IMO. It is elegant but sexy and not over-blown at all.
    I’ve been around bikes a long time but TRS has to be ine if (if not the) most innovative and willing to constantly improve brand out there. KTM is the only manufacturer that can share that. Models don’t often go for years and years with the same bitch problems.
    I wanted to try a bike that is close to what the top riders have snd this seems to be it. What other motor sport can we ride bikes that are this close to what our heroes ride for this little (relatively) money?
    I now need to up my game to be worthy of what they have made available to us mortals.

A few more pics:

DA96A84D-D0B3-4863-AA9B-03589675C0B8.jpeg 3CFBE982-8251-437F-BE5E-041C2820909B.jpeg 3E196E29-1285-442B-B38E-645CABC8EA59.jpeg 35460C08-7A77-4877-8585-21117444F696.jpeg CEBF39CA-3E72-413F-9400-D5B33A6E120F.jpeg
  3. Gordy

Gordy SUPPORTER

Oddometer:
    It’s probably been posted before, but does anyone what size are the float bowl phillps head bolts? I need to change those out to socket head (on a few bikes). These were super tight and I’m lucky to have not stripped out the heads. TIA!
  4. Thesolidman1

Thesolidman1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You even got the obligatory Sherco / Scorpa slam in there, nice.
    2whlrcr, Buschog, Gordy and 1 other person like this.
  5. Yinzer Moto

Yinzer Moto Long timer

Oddometer:
    Do you have a JIS screwdriver set?
  6. Sting32

Sting32 Trials Evangelist

Oddometer:
    Golds have a quicker throttle cam...
    I never heard this, what is your source? Just asking because I need to tame a 2018 down more if throttle tube swap to a normal quick (white) would do it. ALl I knew was the 18 golds came with the bearing in the end, not sure my raga has that.

and I can’t say I noticed that but maybe that is what I’m feeling with the better “quick” bite of the clutch. :dunno

I now need to up my game to be worthy of what they have made available to us mortals.

That is why I didn't get one this year. I cannot even get my game up to Raga model standards, haahah (Not kidding).

A few more pics:
    [/QUOTE]

Love the pics and video
    Gordy likes this.
  7. y4m4

y4m4 Calvin

Oddometer:
    Love the pics and video[/QUOTE]
    Many pages back Snell mentioned it being faster than a white tube: https://advrider.com/f/threads/call...things-to-share.1288338/page-70#post-39018610
  8. Gordy

Gordy SUPPORTER

Oddometer:
  9. Gordy

Gordy SUPPORTER

Oddometer:
    :lol2
    I left the petcock out though.
    The electric starter models have the petcocks remote mounted and the tank just has a simple bung coming out. While this seems bullet-proof, we don’t have a reserve, but I don’t care about that at all. I don’t think Montesas have a reserve either.

EA7AEDB9-0CAB-4A1E-991E-5066B47693DD.jpeg
    View of bottom of tank.
    Thesolidman1 likes this.
  10. alpineboard

alpineboard Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Check the Xtra fast throttle tube, it has a 1/8" thick black plastic glued on , it appears they used epoxy..? I re did mine with permatex. Careful as it has a tiny tab, you will see. Reason I re did mine, would hate to have that piece fall of and get jammed full throttle. Also to fit this black piece in the existing Domino, they did a bit of dremel work inside.
    The bike is tight when new, it gets much better after 15 to 20 hours. Big difference.
    Gordy likes this.
  11. Gordy

Gordy SUPPORTER

Oddometer:
    No, I’m.not up to speed on those but will be getting a few. I’d still rather have socket heads though.
    It will be easier for me here and especially if I have to fix something trailside. (My old KTM 300 has a Keihin also). I usually carry an Allen wrench index but not wanting to carry ‘special’ tools to get the carb apart. I’ll change out all my carbs once I get the correct size. I’ll contact JD jetting, they have all kinds of carb upgrade parts.
    Yinzer Moto likes this.
  12. Yinzer Moto

Yinzer Moto Long timer

Oddometer:
    The “Phillips” screws on those carbs are not Phillips. You should avoid using an American Phillips on them. JIS will key into this screws as tight or tighter than a Allen hex. The screwdrivers are nice to have if you ever have to work on a Japanese bike or car.

Nothing really wrong with swapping them for Allen bolts either, if that is easier.
    Gordy likes this.
  13. Gordy

Gordy SUPPORTER

Oddometer:
    I just tried finding some on Amazon and it seems like it’s full of scams selling phillips as JIS. :scratch Any recommended brands that I can source online?
    Deleted445709 likes this.
  14. Yinzer Moto

Yinzer Moto Long timer

Oddometer:
    Gordy likes this.
  15. UstaKood

UstaKood Long timer

Oddometer:
  16. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    I can't see the video, because Gordy won't post them here anymore.
  17. dmay

dmay Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  18. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    You can use a phillips just fine. Just add a small ballpeen hammer and a tight grip. Pops loose without damaging the head.
  19. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    Instagram is free, besides it`s the best way to watch the top rider`s ride. Get with it old man!
    Gordy likes this.
  20. Gordy

Gordy SUPPORTER

Oddometer:
    :nod
    Follow some of the top riders on IG. It will blow your mind!
    I hope no one is waiting for guys like Fuji to post up here! :rofl
    Also some very good ideas for training/practice/techniques there too.
    lineaway likes this.