Camansi River Ride, Cebu - 2008 WR250 Husky

Discussion in 'Asia' started by 250txc, Nov 7, 2019.

1. 250txc

250txc Husqvarna Dirtbike Rider

Oddometer:
    This is a pretty good example of how the locals navigate the island of Cebu without roads. In this case, the flat creeks\rivers is the road used by trucks to more commodities around the island. This method is still used all over Cebu and probably most of the islands of the Philippines.

Here is a short lead-up on some hard-top going to this river. Not sure of the rivers real name, so I usually name landmarks here using names from my home state of AR but in this case, what is a better name than Camansi?

--

These guys here riding their rig labeled 'Dianne', could easily be my rescue team. Thanks Philippines for proving default sweep action and service in your Providences.

Believe it or not, these guys will load that truck-bed to the top with wet sand, using only shovels.

--

Here is my initial entry into the river, heading north(?), after Dianne has shown me the way!
  2. 250txc

Oddometer:
    Ride continues using both sides of the river and the flat part of the river bed, as needed. It was probably like this ~100 yrs ago and will remain the same well into the future..

It should be obvious that it is's 'safety first' for me here and I mean 'F'ing safety first' and this attitude has kept myself and my bikes going for 24\7\365 possible riding days for a decade here.

--

Am I riding alone? Yes, but not really, their are people here everywhere in the providences to help if you have issues. If there is a trail here, anywhere, it is there because someone is using it for travel and normally, someone will be on that trail within an hour or so. The issue with this is that only ~3% of the people speak English out here.
  3. 250txc

Oddometer:
    Here are a few pics ..

You can see the truck in the background and this ~cave was where they pointed me to ride and that was ~impossible..

100_0694_result.JPG

Yes, I am probably the first white boy, ever, in their AO plus riding an alien machine.
    100_0695_result.JPG

I am high above the river here and I call those white bluffs in the center of the pic 'Camansi Bluffs' and use them as a land mark when I'm out in the middle of the island.
    100_0696_result.JPG
  4. 250txc

Oddometer:
    Up the hill here..

--

Back down to the river

I'm a country boy farmer from the Great State of AR and should have been there now but farming collapsed way back in the 1980s and turned into whatever it is today. With all that in mind, when I see how hard these people work to scrape out a living, I really have a lot of respect for these people.
  5. 250txc

Oddometer:
    Might be where I climb out of the river for good ... You can see I'm getting some help along the way here...

--
  6. 250txc

Oddometer:
    Back to civilization and where my friend Soma lives at.

AdventureDave likes this.
  7. EMGuero

EMGuero Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looks like a lot of fun man. Thanks for sharing the videos