Camping Gaz Blue Fuel Canisters

Discussion in 'Camping Toys' started by Joe3, May 20, 2011.

1. Joe3

Joe3 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was at my local REI store last night looking for fuel for an upcoming trip and I was told that Camping Gaz went out of business and REI no longer stocks their products. I also stopped by Gander Mountain and they don't have any either.

I have a stove and lantern that I really like and would hate to throw away. Does anyone know if the Camping Gaz canisters are available through another retailer in the US?
  2. Murf2

Murf2 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I had the same problem. Found some at a small "mom & pop" surplus store. You might check some small places for old stock. They still have some but I don't think you can ship them very easily. Good luck.

Murf2
  3. Radu

Radu Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I found some at Sports Authority a while back .
  4. Slimie

Slimie Long timer

Oddometer:
  5. steve_k

steve_k Long timer

Oddometer:
    Shoot, I bought some of those at REI about a year ago! I have had the stove since the mid 80's and it has treated me well. It was replaced with a smaller stove, but I still hold on to it just in case.
  6. Joe3

Joe3 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here is the response I got from Coleman:

Dear Consumer:

Thank you for the inquiry. Due to lack of sales the Camping Gaz product line was dropped from North American market place a number of years ago. We have sold off all the excess stock of parts and fuel cartridges we had available. Coleman no longer stocks this fuel and does not know of any retailers that would still have a supply. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,
    Shelly Thurman
    Coleman Consumer Service
  7. DoktorT

DoktorT BigBrowedNeandereer

Oddometer:
    I have 5 Camping Gaz cylinders marked C206 Super, 190g-6.75oz, about 3 1/2" tall by 3 1/2" dia. I have one of same only made by Primus. Plus a Gaz stove and partly used cylinder on that. All for $50 fob Spokane, WA 99201

Might be able to send a box via Greyhound??
  8. vtwin

vtwin Air cooled runnin' mon

Oddometer:
    I had to leave two of the big blue GAZ bottles behind in a hotel in Whitehorse. Never used:cry, but I sure wasn't going to carry them along since my bike was totalled and I had to haul all my other stuff by hand. Haven't been able to find them since. So my little GAZ stove is pretty much useless and I went and got one of those Swiss Army alcohol stoves for $15.