Can I pitch a tent in your yard?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by job3-14, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Canuman

Canuman Crusty & Unobliging

Oddometer:
    HEY! I was over that way yesterday! Talk about strange timing! I suppose I'll see you tomorrow?
  2. job3-14

job3-14 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is that ok?

a&W
  3. job3-14

job3-14 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thank you MZcountryboy and family for the fun times! It was cool to have been able to meet up at the Soiree in Newfoundland and here again in Vermont.

On our way to Canuman's

A&W
  4. Canuman

Oddometer:

Attached Files:

5. barbsironbutt

barbsironbutt Bungee Rancher

Oddometer:
    Hope to ride with you tomorrow and hear just a few of your tales of the past year! What lucky and proud children you will have!
  6. timk519

timk519 Long timer

Oddometer:
  7. porterrad

porterrad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Finally tracked you down... Chris & I met you 2 under a gas station overhang while working on our scooters in N Sydney. Glad to see you're still ok & at it. It was evening already & you were looking for a place to camp just after the ferry docked. Just after you motored off, the rain changed from a drizzle to a downpour. It seemed like a tough time to camp.

In contrast, Chris & I were high & dry after 2AM when we boarded the SS Minnow heading north for the 7 hour ride to Port aux Basques. The weather was so bad that we were unable to dock in Port aux Basques 'til 28 hours later. We thought about you 2 several times as we looked thru the porthole at 50mph winds & sideways rain.

Let us know when you get near Virginia.
  8. Canuman

Oddometer:
    Did the East Mountain Radar Base ride yesterday with A&W, along with some other select Vermont dirt. The kids are packing and will point toward Canada soon. The weather's looking a bit sketchy!
  9. job3-14

job3-14 Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek! I hope you guys didn't get seasick! We managed to find a spot under a picnic shelter and yes, the rain was terrible!

Thank you Canuman and family, barbsironbutt for another excellent adventure in Vermont. Homestretch coming soon.....but first...Montreal.

A&W
  10. porterrad

porterrad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It would have to have been a BIG picnic shelter to keep you from getting drenched in the the wind driven rain that night. The Capt said that it was 5Omph w/ gusts to 80.

It looks like you rode the Cabot Trail in the rain as well. That may be worth a return trip for you. In my opinion, it's one of the 10 best rides in North America w/ good visibility.

Our ride to Port aux Basques was a great roller coaster ride. They even gave us a free dinner since we were on board so long. Others didn't fare as well - I overheard at least a dozen home brewed remedies for seasickness.
  11. job3-14

job3-14 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just crossed the provincial boundary into Ontario. This is it...the final run back to Toronto.

A&W
  12. Fire Escape

Fire Escape Long timer

Oddometer:
    So what to do now? Park the bikes, get jobs, catch up with 8 months of Ride Reporting? It somehow doesn't seem very likely. Whatever the future holds, whatever challenges appear, you will be able to say:

:deal Together, we have already faced all that that a continent had to offer, we can deal with it!

Bruce
  13. pavement pounder

pavement pounder The road to Paradise is "UN-Paved"

Oddometer:
    What are friends for! Glad you liked breakfast; should have lasted, oh, 12-15 hours? Great to see you guys again and hope to see you soon. Good luck on the rest of the trip!:freaky

Charlie and Maxx

Attached Files:

14. job3-14

job3-14 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We're home! This trip wouldn't be even close to what it is without the kindness and hospitality of the ADV community. Thank you all for making our trip successful and thank you for the great times. Time to finish the ride report and share it with the rest of the world.

A&W
  15. bumblebee1

bumblebee1 All bikes are dirt bikes

Oddometer:
    I am looking forward to read your trip report.

But the big question is Where is home after a year on the road?
  16. Timmer

Timmer Curious Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Welcome home!!

We were glad to have had a small part in your journey.

Tim & Angela

17. Fire Escape

Fire Escape Long timer

Oddometer:

Glad to see that you two have made the whole trip safe and sound. If six months of ice and snow seems to hard to take after that oddessy, you know where to look down near the end of Rte. 1 for a change of scenery, stop in!

Bruce
  18. pavement pounder

pavement pounder The road to Paradise is "UN-Paved"

Oddometer:
  19. Radioman

Radioman Moto rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hello Will and Amanda,

Looks like you have made it home:clap :clap :clap

Hope that your transition back to a settled life goes well, will be interested in hearing how this goes..... And of course the rest of your ride report!
  20. Archimedes

Archimedes Adventure Researcher

Oddometer:
    Just found your thread, hope your both well, we're still in Mexico enroute to Gautemala in two weeks. a pic of our awesome camping spot with you guys on the trail.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Brian and Deya MD