Can i sell my motorcycle registered in USA in Europe ?

Discussion in 'Europe' started by de_master, Sep 5, 2019.

1. dooby

dooby aka Frgich

Oddometer:
    @de_master renting is only price wise good for you if it lasts 15 days or less.

Crunch those numbers, as when you buy a motorcycle in Europe you will sell it for a fraction less when you're done. On the other hand you will be shorter for $4000+ USD if you rent. Just trying to provide info for you and others as there is huge difference between spending $ 1500-2000 usd and $ 4000 + USD.

BR
    Dooby
  2. GiorgioXT

GiorgioXT Long timer

Oddometer:
    Frgich har more than reason .
    I would contact a Triumph reseller in Germany or Italy, ask for buying a bike , plate it with temporary plates "Zoll" in Germany or "EE - Escursionisti Esteri" in Italy (this way you may avoid the VAT on bike ) and resell to them after the time done (usually there are 12 or 6 month max time allowed) , if you have the money and like a new bike - this could be the best option.
    Another one is to buy an used bike, ride and resell it, cheaper but with more hassle
    dooby likes this.
  3. dooby

dooby aka Frgich

Oddometer:
    GiorgioXT likes this.
  4. wheatwhacker

wheatwhacker It's raining here

Oddometer:
    What state is the bike currently registered in?
    Your welcome to park the bike here at my premises and advertise it for sale. Tigers are not a great second hand seller here. Ive noticed that Jap bikes sell a lot faster and depreciate a lot less than the Euro bikes.
    You could sell it in the USA and buy over here. I currently have a Vstrom for sale which is in storage in Italy. I could have it registered here in your name before you arrive, pick it up in Italy and It'll sell like a hot cake when your done.

WW
    Rhode trip likes this.