1. Hey everyone, We’re going to start a weekly email to surface interesting threads in the forums. No worries, you can easily unsubscribe if you don’t find it interesting. If you’re like me, it’s nice to have someone willing to poke around a big community like ours and find the most interesting stuff. Saves time and I hate missing something great. It worked really well when we had someone discovering the best photos for the home page rotation back in the day. And if you have something fascinating to post, maybe this email does everyone some good by getting it noticed. Let us know what you think when you get it. Your feedback will make it better as we go (thread). Thanks! Baldy & rudy1220
    Dismiss Notice

Can you post pics in personal messages?

Discussion in 'Ask Baldy, Blame Cannonshot' started by rick danger, Oct 1, 2018.

1. rick danger

rick danger The further adventures of

Oddometer:
    Title says it all. Yes tried a search. Asked somewhere else and got a response about dick pics. So I thought I might ask a grown up.
  2. 9Realms

9Realms Drawn in by the complex plot

Oddometer:

What has worked for me is to use a picture hosting service - you upload the image to them, then copy and paste the 'code' into the body of your PM and your images will appear.

I use this service, it's free to join or use. I like this service because it does not plaster my posting with all kinds of little links all over the page.

https://imgbb.com/

Once your image is uploaded, you should get a screen something like this:

code-copied.jpg

You are after the Embedded code, and you select BBCode full and copy that line of data. That is what gets pasted in PM's or you can use it in normal forum threads like this one. I will add that it's nice if you can RESIZE your image prior to uploading it-- so your not trying to upload an image that's 5,000 pixels wide or something. :nah

Below, this image is born from the line of code shown above:

(this is a screen shot of the code so you can see that it matches the code line from the box above)

codeswcreenshot.jpg

And then the image will appear here:

[​IMG]

Just what works for me.
    Other people will have other ideas, people are like that... :lol3
    rick danger likes this.