canada

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Green Stainz, Jun 1, 2002.

1. Green Stainz

Green Stainz Long timer

Oddometer:
    anyone been up to Prince albert national park or La Ronge? Looking for some trip advice- campgrounds, motels, what to see, etc?
  2. Arbey Canuck

Arbey Canuck Ageless Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've been through that area twice ... on the way up to Otter Lake for fly-in fishing trips.

Gravel roads from Lac La Ronge to Otter Lake and not much after that. Didn't do it by bike ... but would of loved to explore up there and see where I could of gotten to on my bike!!!

Very remote ... not much in the way of camp grounds (they wouldn't provide much amenities anyways) but you can literally camp anywhere.

There's a nice lodge at Otter Lake (Thompson Lodge) which caters to the fishing business and I've stayed there both times on the way up.

Otter Lake if I recall is about 80 kms or 50 miles past Lac La Ronge. As for the national park I've never been but presume they would have more than adequate accomodations for camping.

I would check out things on the internet for the park and the lodge at Otter Lake.

Hope things work out ... all the best

Arbey
  3. Lornce

Lornce Lost In Place

Oddometer:

Hey, Pete. Your bike's a crowd favourite!

Took a pic for your cousin and a friend of hers while they sat astrider her.

:thumb :thumb