Canada's Best Kept Secret: 500km from the nearest paved road, solo in Northern BC.

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by Crooked Creek, Jul 6, 2012.

1. manfromthestix

manfromthestix Lost in Space Supporter

Oddometer:
    That is an absolutely fantastic photograph! The kids are just digging it, hahahahahaha!!! You are a lucky man.

Good on ya, Dad. My kids are two of my best friends; who else do you have more in common with on this Earth??
  2. Pete Pilot

Pete Pilot Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well I’ll give this a giant bump back to the top. Crooked Creek I do hope you have found a way to remove some of the many activities from your life. So that there be more quiet time for yourself. Personally from age 25-50 my work week was 50-100 hours per week. Not kidding, that is a good estimate. Did allow me to retire at 50 and do some moto travel. But I do have some aches and pain. So sometimes I wonder , and much time away from my wife that is so special to me. So a price was payed. Do take care Merlin
    bobw likes this.
  3. Crooked Creek

Crooked Creek Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Taking off and going sailing as a family was one of the best things we've ever done. Now I'm only working 4 days a week, and spending more time with family. My kids are riding dirt bikes now, so planning to do more with them this summer. Hoping to ride to Patagonia in a couple years with my son.
    DaleE likes this.
  4. Pete Pilot

Pete Pilot Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Would like to do that Patagonia ride myself, but for 25 years my wife and I spent to much time apart. So much as I want too. Love stops me. Anyway the lady retires in June. Come November we of to Baja with our wee toy wagon for the winter. I’ll take the wr250r along to explore with. We both like Baja. My wife the beach’s and roaring ocean. Me in the desert and mountains with the bike. Very good to read that you have reduced the work week and freed up some time. A very wise decision. We be getting a bugger of a snow storm here. Although the worst is over. Also rather cold temps. Is it not true that often the best things in life cost nothing or very little. Petepilot
  5. Crooked Creek

Oddometer:
    Ain't that the truth :beer.
  6. hargisbb

hargisbb n00b

Oddometer:
    Did you end up making it much further past the outfitters? And thanks for the link to this thread. Ever since I landed up in mackenzie and started work there a few summers back I quickly realized just what you get at in this thread, that there’s endless miles of road north of there. I always dreamed of taking my KLR up as far as I could go into the Spatsizi
  7. td63

td63 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great thread (tho sadly a lot of pics are gone -- and I'm sure it'd be a major pain to get the back up). Still, thanks to whoever put it back on our radar and of course to its intrepid author!
  8. Crooked Creek

Oddometer:
    Whoops. Apparently I never finished the ride report. My bad. You can see the rest of the pics on Facebook here. But basically, I couldn't get across the Toodoggone River. You can get 150 km into the Spatsizi from the rail grade on the other side as well, if you've seen that report.
  9. Crooked Creek

Oddometer:
    Glad you enjoyed the trip. Sorry about the pics, but there are all here.
  10. 250senuf

250senuf Long timer

Oddometer:
    Facebook: "you must log in to continue". Not on Facebook = cannot see photos. :(
    glasshousebc likes this.
  11. Crooked Creek

Oddometer:
    Dang. Sorry. You used to be able to view public posts without a Facebook account.
  12. 250senuf

250senuf Long timer

Oddometer:
    The local mountain biking group facebook page was viewable by anyone until today, now it's login only. My guess is that facebook is trying to coerce more people to sign-up.
  13. Crooked Creek

Oddometer:
    Sounds like something they would do...
    250senuf likes this.