Canada's Motorcycle store

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Dan Alexander, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Dan Alexander

Dan Alexander still alive and well

Oddometer:
    Haven't tried these guys yet but I just ordered a Wolfman Expedition tank bag from their Black Friday sale.

Moto International in Montreal wants $250 plus tax for the bag and I got it for $128 plus tax with free shipping.

Pretty nice deal :deal

I'm going to keep an eye on these guys and when I need something else I'll check them out before doing any cross border ordering.

http://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca/wolfman-large-expedition-tank-bag.html

Lots of other Wolfman products at Black Friday prices too ... love a set of Rocky Mountains for when my Expeditions are too small for long trips
  2. gunnerbuck

gunnerbuck Island Hopper

Oddometer:
    I've ordered tires through them as well as a set of the Nelson Rig dry panniers.. Prices are for sure competitive..
  3. pelvis_98

pelvis_98 Havin A Time

Oddometer:
    I've been watching, but have not ordered from them yet.

Will see how your experience goes with them, Dan
  4. Dan Alexander

Oddometer:
    Those Nelson Rigg are on for $114 right now, I'm tempted.

http://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca/nelson-rigg-adventure-dry-saddlebags.html

Pelvis, I''l post when I get the tank bag. I checked and they are located in Montreal so I'll be by Friday I'll have them.
  5. gunnerbuck

gunnerbuck Island Hopper

Oddometer:

I had a set of Ortlieb waterproof panniers which I sold unused for the simple fact that they made the over the seat straps too short to fit on a pannier frame equipped bike... Rather than trying to modify them I chose to recover some of my costs by selling them and wait for a better design to come out... I've heard/read some reviews out there on the N.R. Dry panniers and they seem to be the best bang for the buck... The best thing besides price is that they are a little larger by design than the Wolfman EXP and Ortliebs so you don't have such a stuff job all the time in loading them... Some of my friends run the Wolfman EXPs and while they are a very good design they don't hold enough and always seem to be stuffed to the nuts long before all the intended take alongs are packed... I know Wolfman came out with the larger RM dry pannier a while back but the price has taken a pretty good bump from the EXPs, enough to be unaffordable...

I've run MS Yukon soft boxes for 9 yrs and they are near the end of their service life... The best thing about these panniers is/was that they bolt on to the racks like hard boxes, keep their shape and still behave like soft bags when you scrape an obstacle or catch the back of your leg under them... The worst thing about them is that any water repellent characteristics they once had is long gone and everything needs to be packed in drybags during rain events...
  6. Dan Alexander

Oddometer:
  7. Emmbeedee

Emmbeedee Procrastinators

Oddometer:
  8. Emmbeedee

Oddometer:
    Err, noticed the Wolfman Expedition Dry Saddlebags were also on sale at the same store. So I sent an email to cancel the Nelson-Rigg bags and ordered the Wolfmans in yellow.
  9. Dan Alexander

Oddometer:
    That is a damn fine price for new Expedition bags compared to regular Canadian prices or cross border buying that dings you with duty and shipping
  10. Emmbeedee

Oddometer:
    Agreed. I bought a pair of unused bags from an inmate last summer for $4 more and felt I got a good deal then. Granted, there was no tax on that purchase, but this deal at $196 was too good to pass up.

Sent using strings and tin cans and Tapatalk.
  11. H96669

H96669 A proud pragmatist.

Oddometer:
    I can tell you that they sure had good prices on tires. And free shipping so that beats the other eastern supplier I was using before.

Even better, not sent first by courrier and then transferred to Canada Post somewhere, that makes tracking them very difficult for me, after Calgary they go into the CP limbo if sent that way.

Shipped from the east directly through Canada Post, took a couple weeks but that was expected,it is CP after all, but at least I could track them.:wink:

My friends who think they are getting good deals on tires right through the Canadian importers or buying them in the US sure changed their tune after we compared a few prices.:D
  12. MassiveLee

MassiveLee Banned

Oddometer:
    CanadaMotorcycle is based in Montreal. I bought some AlpineStar boots and were at my door within 48 hours. Shipped by Canada Post.

Now, if I can master the fine art of swapping tires on my rims, then I will buy mail order tires too.
  13. Dan Alexander

Oddometer:
    I offered to go and pick up the tank bag but they said they aren't equipped for customers ... wanted to have a look at the operation :wink:
  14. ZZR_Ron

ZZR_Ron Looking up

Oddometer:
    I bought a pile of bike stuff in the States, and paid no duty. (It was shipped to a border box) Did I just get lucky?
  15. Sunday Rider

Sunday Rider Adventurer Wanabe

Oddometer:
    The tires I was looking at were more expensive than Pete's. So I think the free shipping gets eaten up with this higher cost. But I have been starting to look at their site closer. Thanks for the link.
  16. nick949eldo

nick949eldo Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've ordered tyres from Canada's Motorcycle a few times now. Prices are good, email notifications are prompt and delivery is free - and right to the door by Canada Post.

I don't even think of looking elsewhere now.

Nick
  17. Dan Alexander

Oddometer:
    Was the box on the US side? If so how did you get the stuff across the border?

I used to get things shipped to the UPS Store in NY State but still have to cross the border with it ... if I declared it I paid duty.
  18. Dan Alexander

Oddometer:
    Well It's Cyber Monday!

I wonder who they buy from, the prices are so unusually low compared to most Canadian retailers. I checked a few items and they were slightly above prices from Revzilla, not way higher as usual. And once duty etc is added and free shipping it's totally comparable. Nice to have a Canadian company finally get it :deal

http://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca/cyb...l&utm_content=image&utm_campaign=cyber+monday
  19. H96669

H96669 A proud pragmatist.

Oddometer:
    I have been wondering that also, tires had some labels on them showing some place in the Eastern US. I'll go look later, I bought enough to cover me for a while they may still have labels.

Having said that, I'd rather buy them Michelin PRs from the East, they seem more consistent as to country of origin, all the Eastern ones I have bought were "Made in Spain". The Western ones are mostly "Made in Thailand".....same tires really but I do have my own preferences when it comes to Michelin, my Dad was a Michelin retailer from when they were all "Made in France".:wink:
  20. Sunday Rider

Sunday Rider Adventurer Wanabe

Oddometer:
    I do the same and declare them, sometimes they make me pay sometimes they let me go.

If Canadian prices are close before the tax and shipping I will buy here. But uses (or new) from the Flea Market here, trumps all.:D