Canada's Motorcycle store

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Dan Alexander, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Newbusa

Newbusa Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wow! Did better on Vancouver island shopping local for the RF1100:lol3
  2. Steve G.

Steve G. Long timer

Oddometer:

Yeah, but we're talking new helmets. LOL
  3. Newbusa

Newbusa Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sometimes it's better to ask your local dealer for a deal than assume its cheaper across the border.:D:lol3
  4. H96669

H96669 A proud pragmatist.

Oddometer:
    Eh! I got a very good deal on a helmet somewhere on the Island. I think he sells green bikes....he does.:D

Too bad I don't go that way with the bike too often, he had very good pricing on tires when I lived there and certainly would lend me a jack to remove the wheels myself.In/out in a couple hours, I like that. But living in the boonies now that just forced me into relearning them old skills of mounting/balancing tires.:D
  5. Steve G.

Steve G. Long timer

Oddometer:

I ALWAYS ask the local dealer first. Nobody stepped up to the plate in Metro Vancouver.
  6. H96669

Oddometer:
    One of the good guys who doesn't believe in having a fancy showroom/shop. Less overhead I guess when you are up Sooke River Road instead of downtown Victoria.

Take the long way around, nice ride anyway and stop at Kenco, he'll be the guy in overalls.:wink:
  7. dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds I'm alive.

Oddometer:
    I received all the stuff I ordered from them. It all came appropriately packaged. (not over packaged, that pisses me off)

They were out of stock on one item that I was hoping for. I'm supposed to get an email when they receive more.

So, ordered a couple of Shad top boxes. One for my 990 SMT and the other for our CB500X. Also, a Wolfman mini beta for the CB and a fender tool pouch for my Husky 450.

Review to follow.... In the spring.
  8. helicopterjim

helicopterjim n00b

Oddometer:
    Lots of good information here .... thanks everyone!

Sent from FRED (Fricking Ridiculous Electronic Device)
  9. Grinder

Grinder Wrong way 'round

Oddometer:
    These guys are great. I've ordered all kinds of stuff from tires to bearings, at a greatly reduced cost from the local dealers. It's more convenient to. You don't have to call the dealer just to be told you'll get a call back, whenever.

I just order right from there.

Last time I was looking for wheel bearings. Called the bad times centre and was told I'd get a call back, he had no time to deal with me. 4 hours go by, and call back, told again no time. Put in an order on Canada's motorcycle, a day later the bearings arrive, a day later good times calls back. I informed him I ordered them online and received them in less time it took him to call me back. He sounded angry for some reason.:deal
  10. juames

juames Have Fun, Don't Die!

Oddometer:
    That was your first mistake! :lol3
  11. dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds I'm alive.

Oddometer:
    Had a few more things shipped out my way. Twice they've shipped in a very timely manner.

I did receive an email regarding the availability of an out of stock item. They had it back in stock, but only for a week. I'll have to act quicker next time.

I've just found another online Canadian shop, Gnarly Parts.
    A bit of DS stuff however it looks like they cater to MX and other main stream stuff. I'll be ordering a couple air filters from them.
  12. Chilipepper

Chilipepper Baja wannabe

Oddometer:
    Gnarly has been great for me. But 2 of my friends that I recommended buy from there have had long delays because of back orders for parts that gnarly has been very poor communicating about
  13. ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb Gravel Is Good

Oddometer:
    Purchased Scala Rider Q3 Multi Pack, best price I could find in both Canada and USA ($349.99), free delivery in 5 days!
  14. RED CAT

RED CAT Bumpy Backroader

Oddometer:
    Experience with them. Ordered a First Gear Jacket from them. Came fast and price was right. No charge shipping. Will order more from them later.
  15. Ron from BC

Ron from BC Long timer

Oddometer:
    Do you happen to know if they're an authorized retailer from Cardo? So many of the on line resellers aren't and Cardo won't honor the warranty. (which is really odd as they must get the product from Cardo.....:huh)
  16. fyr

fyr iRoast Coffee

Oddometer:
    Purchased some consumables and tools today.
    Hopefully here by tuesday-wed next week..
  17. 00Buck

00Buck dirt rules

Oddometer:
    Ken sells below msrp and supports local riding events. That's reason enough to support a good local shop.
  18. H96669

Oddometer:
    :clapBeen a long time since I went that way....I should go just say Hi!Probably long enough that I need a new helmet also....:rofl I can almost bet he is still wearing his overalls.:wink:

I was in a pickle over a tire situation many years ago...Bah take the new Laverda for a ride and go think about it he said.:clapNow how did he know that I think better when sitting on a motorcycle seat ????:wink:
  19. R_Rick

R_Rick Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Today I ordered a DID VX chain, couple of spare rivet links, and a MP chain tool; no shipping costs; will update on speed of arrival.
  20. ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb Gravel Is Good

Oddometer:
    I registered the set online, updated the software and received confirmation of my registration from Cardo. It says on the box that Warranty is valid only in North America. I did indicate that it was purchased from Canada's Motorcycle.