Canada's Motorcycle store

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Dan Alexander, Nov 30, 2013.

1. EmmEff

EmmEff Long timer

Oddometer:
    So why is it worthy of mention that both Canada's Motorcycle and A Vicious Cycle are resellers of product sourced from Parts Canada? I'm still missing something...
  2. Emmbeedee

Emmbeedee Procrastinators

Oddometer:
    I just figured since AVC is actually owned by Twisted Throttle that they'd be doing their own importing.

Nice of them to include a full 2014 catalogue too. Probably doubled the parcel weight. Great reading in the smallest room of the house.
  3. Bingo21

Bingo21 one is not enough

Oddometer:
    I just got my LS2 Mx453 helmet from canada motorcycle. Could only get the white version from atomic but the blue was cheaper from canadamotorcycle so went with that. That to say they lied to me slightly about it being sent when it hadnt so i had a little moan at them and they proceeded to knock another $25 off the price so ended up about $ 175 delivered inc taxes so pleased with that.
    :D
    Helmet fits pretty good too and feels quality just gotta get a smoked visor
  4. CanadianRocky

CanadianRocky No Bucket List... a Bucket full of Lists

Oddometer:
    Everything came in as ordered, well packed and in a good time frame.

I have placed two more orders with them since.

I am very pleased with their service.
  5. IJM

IJM Hinderant Backbenderz

Oddometer:
    Very happy with my first order placed through them for tires. Ordered Friday - Delivered Tuesday -- competitive pricing all good won't hesitate to order with thyem in future.
  6. DirtVader

DirtVader Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I placed an order with them yesterday for tires, tubes and oil that I would really like before the weekend, let's see if they get here on time. My previous orders with them were all good, so I have faith that they won't let me down :wink:
  7. drrod1

drrod1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    For the longest time (and for that matter, it may still goe on), dealers laid the blame for the wide disparity in pricing, with the US, at the feet of Parts Canada. They claim (and I have no reason to doubt it) that Parts Canada was the one adding the lions share of the difference before sending stuff on to dealers. If dealers tried to go around them, and order direct, PC would "blacklist" them and make it difficult to get the everyday stuff.

I just got a set of PR4's from Pete's and they have Parts Canada stickers on them but the pricing was very competitive (with US). So something must have changed. Is it possible that enough people accessed their stuff (tires in this case) by bypassing the dealer, that the dealers were finally able to bring enough pressure to bear on PC? Hard to say, and getting a straight answer may be tough. End result though is that PC must be selling tires to the dealer at a competitive enough price to get back in the game.

Rod
  8. CanadianRocky

Oddometer:
    One of the things I got from them was a Nelson Rigg tank bag. Paid about a hundred or so bucks for it.

I used it all last year with no issues, but this year one of the zippers failed, and the stitching on another once tore. So I emailed them and told them when I got it, but of course I have no receipt. They got back to me very quickly and asked for a couple of pictures. I took them and sent them the other day, and this morning I got back a response. They gave me a return ticket number and asked me to send it to them.

I will do that on Tuesday. They said once they get it back they will send it to Nelson Rigg and that if they honor their warranty, which states "Forever and no hassle" then they will more than likely issue me a credit, which is great. That takes four to eight weeks which is fine, as I ordered a Wolfman Rainer Tank Bag from them, which is what I should done in the first place.
  9. sidewayz_control

sidewayz_control Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I use Canada's Motorcycle to get a ballpark price for whatever I'm looking for because their prices are good and reasonable. Canada's motorcycle is a Parts Canada distributor and from what I have heard, are only group of computer geeks that put up a web-store via the data, catalogs and adding a mark-up to the Parts Canada dealer ordering system. Which is OK since they have no retail store and all that goes with it to maintain such.

When I know what I want, I then look up the Parts Canada SKU (everyone has access to their catalogs but without the price) and then I fire off an email to Pete's Superbike and ask for a price and in general without asking, Pete's will match or beat the price from Canada's Motorcycle. Pete's is also a Parts Canada distributor and Canada's Motorcycle is his competitor.

Almost all shops and stores in Canada get their product from either Motovan, Parts Canada and Gamma. I don't think there are many other distributors.

Ivan
  10. CanadianRocky

Oddometer:
    I shipped my Nelson Rigg bag back to them, and I got full credit for he unit. I applied that to a 70 ltr FirstGear bag that is being shipped.

Great service all the way around.
  11. Milsparro

Milsparro Rednerd

Oddometer:
    I successfully ordered Kawasaki parts from them - no complaints. Yay online OEM finally!
  12. toddiscdn

toddiscdn Take off, EH!

Oddometer:
    I just tried some Suzuki parts(cush rubbers) from them as well, supposed to ship this week, we,ll see how it goes.
  13. B10Dave

B10Dave Long timer

Oddometer:
    Bought oil filters, front and rear brake pads, front and rear sprockets and an X ring chain for my '07 F650GS. Canada Post delivered right to my door and total including tax was under $300. Shipping took only 3 days; ordered after 8PM on a Tuesday and had parts in hand Friday. Very happy with transaction...Dave
  14. Kejidog

Kejidog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Excellent site and great prices for us cold riders. 2 day shipping to the east coast. Thumbs up for them

Its a solo trip man. - Neil Young
  15. EmmEff

EmmEff Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just ordered new chain and sprockets for my Dakar last Thursday night and they were at my door yesterday morning. Excellent service and shipment times on all three orders I've placed with these guys.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  16. North

North Aimless Drifter

Oddometer:
    I do my best to support my local Dealers. But when the prices on some stuff are way to high, or they don't have what I want. I have found Canada's Motorcycle Store great to deal with.
  17. Grinder

Grinder Wrong way 'round

Oddometer:
    I've been using Canada's moto for a few years. I like price shopping things like tires. When I want to compare one tire bs the other it seems like I'm bothering the dealers. Online I can see the pricing and make my choice. I do t bother to call the local dealers any more. It's unfortunate but when I have to wait for the parts guy to call me back I'm getting impatient.
  18. Taurkon

Taurkon Long timer

Oddometer:
    bought quite a few tires from CanadaMotorcycle, never had an issue, and pricing was really good. If I need a part immediately and Blackfoot Motosports of Blackfoot Direct has it, I will request a price match but I don't mind giving the business to a company that will only assist in driving down the high pricing coming from most of our local dealerships.
  19. MikeRC

MikeRC Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've ordered tires, tubes and accessories for two bikes over the last year from this website. Probably $1000 worth in total. Everything has come exactly as ordered, at very reasonable purchase and shipping costs and always within a few days of ordering. No stupid FedEx/UPS "customs processing fees" like some things from the US. I haven't had to return anything so can't comment on that process.

Still ordering specialty items from the local dealer and using them for service until my warranty expires.

Mike Cassidy
  20. toddiscdn

toddiscdn Take off, EH!

Oddometer:
    Yup. they have been good to me too, used to order everything out of the states being a border town, but with the dollar turn down Ive started using them and they have been great, even have Suzuki and kawi parts now too!, got my cush rubbers within a week.

The last two times Ive tried to order a tire they did not have it , but Im assuming that's Gamma or parts Canada's fault as Petes and others did not have stock as well, I know the last couple came with gamma wrap on them.