Canadian Companies

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Vikingtazz, Sep 26, 2020.

1. H96669

H96669 A proud pragmatist.

Oddometer:
    I guess you don't know? I showed some foreign made Watsons already,would you like to see more?Maybe look it up on their website?

Whether we source our gloves from the world’s finest manufacturers or handcraft them in our local factory, every pair of gloves we sell has been selected from top-of-the-line materials, design, and craftsmanship. Try on a pair of Watson gloves. Your hands will thank you!
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  2. Candubrain

Candubrain Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    sturgeon and Night_Wolf like this.
  3. shuswap1

shuswap1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I was last inside their location about 6-7 years back, having bought many thousands of their gloves over the years....albeit mostly latex, nitrile and rubber with just a few dozen leather welding gloves. Everything I've bought was made in China....but somewhere in my distant memory I do think I noticed a few people sewing as well, so maybe they make a few sets in Canada, but I doubt it amounts to very many.
  4. Candubrain

Oddometer:
    Ended up buying a pair of gloves from Raber Glove, Cdn company for 80 years and making their own gloves.
    http://www.raberglove.com/

Howard Raber ended up calling me to make sure of the fit and taking my order. You cannot buy direct on their website, you need to call it in.

FYI they also make motorcycle gloves

Style 339CW ( photo attached ) - Men's Genuine Cowhide out seam sewn heavy wool lined dress gloves with elastic at wrist. Available in black only and sizes small through 4XL. Price $70.00 per pair ( Canadian funds , freight and any applicable taxes extra). We do accept Visa and MasterCard.

These are the same as supplied to RCMP and OPP.

Please note that all our products are 100% Canadian made ( 80 years ).

Attached Files:

jowul, koh kood and motogoat like this.
  5. H96669

Oddometer:
    Canadian companies:

https://www.garant.com/

I love my Garant shovels!Specifically the long handled aluminium snow shovel.But I'm about ready for new wood handled lopers? Mine are >25yrs old.New ones will outlive me.:D
    Candubrain likes this.
  6. H96669

Oddometer:
    Yep....we used to go to their factory outlet (early 80s?)when they were on 4th Ave.Outlet was mostly factory seconds.My new foreign made Garant winter gloves would have been put on the "factory seconds" pile back then.:lol3

Mind you if I had bought them in a store at full price( $30.00?) I would have inspected the stitching.:wink:

But brand new Watson gloves from my local thrift store for $2.00 I took them "as is".:nod
  7. shuswap1

shuswap1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've picked up orders at their new locale in the industrial park but probably 6 years back. Their pricing was very good. Last 5 years I've used their Tigger gloves on the m/c, like the soft glove, thin on the palm and cost me a horrific $16/pair. The silly cuffs work OK for me and everyone I come across seems to need to eyeball the big black stenciled Watson Gloves letters across the cuff. BMW bike with cheap bastid on the seat!
  8. 1upNORTH

1upNORTH Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Are the motorcycle gloves supplied or are they supplying regular gloves? The inside joke for selecting a contractor to produce something is “goes to the lowest bidder”. I’ve had the option to receive a set of free gloves annually for 12 years. I haven’t, I pay out of pocket for better quality - although I’m not talking the Moto gloves.
    motogoat likes this.
  9. motogoat

motogoat Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    the lowest compliant bidder, but that doesn't roll off the tongue as easily when making jokes
  10. Candubrain

Oddometer:

I have no idea, what you see in my post is a cut and paste from the email I received from the company
  11. H96669

Oddometer:
    Took +2 hrs to manhandle that in my friend's basement today.~300kg? I am beat.....!:-)

IMG_20201121_142727.jpg

Very nice unit, Made in Saint-Augustin -de -Desmaures, Quebec, Canada and bought from Home Hardware.

https://www.drolet.ca/en/
  12. Possibly Certifiable

Possibly Certifiable Verified Bing-nut

Oddometer:
    Fun fact, wooden handles (I believe) for every Garant tool is made at their plant in Woodstock NB.

And hardly anybody knows there are here. I go out of my way to buy Garant when I need yard tools.
    Vikingtazz and Night_Wolf like this.
  13. Cal

Cal Long timer

Oddometer:
    the best snow shovels out there, when they wear down to a weird pattern I take the skill saw and saw a new straight edge on them.
    tms likes this.
  14. northerndancer

northerndancer wandering spirit

Oddometer:
    "When I am screwing around with something other than my wr250x I reach for a Picquic screwdriver" Well not all the time.

How is that for a testimonial. As they say about themselves

BUILT RIGHT—IN CANADA

Picquic screwdrivers have always been built in Canada by smart people. We work an honest day and are paid an honest buck.

Head office and manufacturing plant
    110, 8383 Manitoba Street
    Vancouver, BC, CANADA
  15. sturgeon

sturgeon Long timer

Oddometer:
    Gray Tools

Still have a set of well-used Gray box-end wrenches that I bought back in the 70's.
    gpfan, Night_Wolf and Vikingtazz like this.
  16. H96669

Oddometer:
    I don't have a Picquic but used my buddy's when installing the Drolet furnace.Phew.....ready to fire?

IMG_20201127_135623.jpg
    jowul, Vikingtazz and Cal like this.
  17. northerndancer

Oddometer:
    Must have been one of their bigger more robust models lol. That is a good looking furnace.
  18. H96669

Oddometer:
    And it is fired up!
    IMG_20201130_130327.jpg
  19. northerndancer

Oddometer:
    If I were to try to interpret this photo I would have to say that you unplugged the cheap-ass 110v heater and replaced it with a paul bunyan wood burner!
  20. shuswap1

shuswap1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    ....and a Paul Bunyan axe!!