Canadian Tire motorcycle oil

Discussion in 'Canada' started by TonyT, Nov 21, 2012.

1. GreatWhiteNorth

GreatWhiteNorth Long timer

Oddometer:
    Winterpeg - site of flatness beyond belief
    That's exactly what I did too. I added close to a litre of the Rotella synthetic in late fall, figuring it'd make for easier cranking in cold temps (KLR650).
  2. Sunday Rider

Sunday Rider Adventurer Wanabe

Oddometer:
    What else is there to talk about when it is a real winter outside (okay not as bad as the East and West), and you can't ride:D

I've been using the T6 for a couple of years now, and have been happy with it. I only noticed that near oil change time, the shifting is not as smooth as it was at the beginning. I also noticed that the clutch gets "grabby" on a hot summer day in stop and go traffic. That is of course subjective, could be the clutch hand is getting tired from the stop go as well.

On the fork side, I used the ATF to clean out the forks before applying the specified fork oil. Will have to give that ATF as the main fork oil a try and see.
  3. FlyingDutchman

FlyingDutchman Dirt Biker

Oddometer:
    Mobil 15w50 Synthetic auto oil is on sale now for 8-9 bucks...picked up a few. I've run this in my 530 engine and these will go in my 950 which gets longer intervals and sees little dirt.

I think you would be wise to change your oil as soon as your air filter shows dirt. I think more ring wear is caused by poor filter maintenance.

Cheap engine oil and trans fluid in a similar viscosity to 10w-40 and summer chainsaw oil on your filter will do the job fine. The key is keeping it clean.
  4. bumper1871

bumper1871 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just bought Rotella T-6 for the first time at CT. It's rated JASO MA, and that's what Suzuki recommends for my V-Strom.