Canadian zumo xt sale

Discussion in 'Canada' started by pyro_, Mar 13, 2021.

1. pyro_

pyro_ Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Multiple retailers have the Garmin Zumo XT motorcycle GPS priced down to 560$ which is 120$ off right now until the 23rd of the month

For a bit better deal you can buy online at stapes and use code 77473 for an additional 5% off (roughly 28$) and also remember to use ebates for an additional 1% cash back

https://www.staples.ca/products/2444299 ... ly-display
    JoWhee and squonker like this.
  2. thrills

thrills Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Amazing - I was about to pull the trigger on one a couple weeks ago and held off. Thanks for the info and the staples code!
  3. ktompkins

ktompkins Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I ordered one from Staples 2 days ago when I heard about the sale but didn't know about the extra 5% discount code. I guess it's too late now but it is still an excellent price.
  4. spuh

spuh Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for your alert. I have not kept up on this changing field; is the XT a worthwhile purchase? Apologies for my laziness but I gave up long ago trying to keep up with the GPS market so I'm long out if touch.
  5. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    The biggest improvement with it is the screen brightness compared to the previous models.
  6. Vikingtazz

Vikingtazz Will ride for food.

Oddometer:

Tks Pyro - the link doesn't seem to work, but the 5% code was still valid as of this morning.
    I've got one ordered from Staples.
    A couple of good features which helped decide was the BirdsEye satellite imagery which normally requires a subcription is free, and it comes with topo maps.
  7. ktompkins

Oddometer:
    Update: I thought I would not get the 5% discount as I had it ordered the Zumo XT before I found out about the promotion code. I just called Staples and they will honor the code and refund me the 5% which is $28 + tax. Thanks for the heads up on this!
    pyro_ likes this.
  8. SMURPH

SMURPH Longtimer

Oddometer:
    Costco is at 557.99 but out of stock. I try and only purchase units from them as they don't fall under the 90 day rule. They're basically warrantied for life. Then again i've only had one garmin unit fail on me and it was about 7 months after buying it. They happily refunded me and i ordered another one.
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  9. Smashy

Smashy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  10. BoGaRa

BoGaRa Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yeah, that's what I was debating about too @Smashy . And pulled the plug on XT. I figured just for screen size and resolution it's worth it. Plus you get NA topo maps preloaded as well, which is $180 just for Canada.
    SMURPH likes this.
  11. Vikingtazz

Oddometer:
    I bought the 396 LMT-S last year, but it was still enticing enough for me to upgrade to the XT for the larger screen and added features.
    The 396 is a very nice unit and it works well, so you'll probably be happy with either purchase, unless you plan on purchasing topo North and Central America and/or Birdseye Satellite imagery subscription, which the XT comes with.

You have to dig for the info, but the XT comes with map updates included, as does the 396.
  12. Smashy

Smashy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info guys, I'm currently using an old cellphone as my gps but there are too many annoyances with that so I'm gonna get a motorcycle gps, but want to research it carefully instead of rushing into buying something, so this type of info is really helpful.

Regarding the maps, I was under the impression these units could use open source maps, whcih are free. Is that true? http://garmin.openstreetmap.nl/

Is it possible to plot a route on google maps on a computer, and then import that route to the zumo?
  13. Vikingtazz

Oddometer:
    You can use free maps, yes, but they must be in a format Garmin recognizes - and that's a three page explanation and you'll need a Geospatial degree on how to convert other formats to Garmin image, and some very specialized software. In other words, buy the topo maps and spend your time on more important things like watching Ryan F9 videos.

You can plot a route or track in Garmin Basecamp and load it to your Zumo, but this is not something that works with Google maps.

There's tutorials in the Navigation section of ADV Rider on how to use Basecamp, but it's best to dive right in and start mucking around. I have a step-by-step text file if you're interested, just something I made for riding buddies that want to play around in Basecamp.

Loading existing tracks that you get from other riders and websites is fairly straight forward.
  14. thrills

thrills Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Have any of you that ordered one from staples actually see your order ship yet?

My arrival window has come and gone without any communication since ordering.
  15. pyro_

pyro_ Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Same here
  16. thrills

thrills Adventurer

Oddometer:
    @pyro_ Just called them and they have zero idea what the situation is, and are escalating me to the next tier of support. I checked online and there is no stock. I'm guessing this is going to end up as an oversold situation and we've missed out on the deal, but we'll see.
  17. pyro_

pyro_ Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I know when I ordered stock tracker was showing they still had 5 of them in stock so will be interesting to see what happens. Hopefully they don’t cancel the order
  18. ktompkins

Oddometer:
    I received mine in record time from Staples but ordered it the first or second day of the sale. I figured they would sell out fast at that price! I would think most places are waiting for new stock now.
    thrills likes this.
  19. Vikingtazz

Oddometer:
    I received this email after ordering mine from Staples:
    "We have confirmed that your order is estimated to arrive on the 5th of April at our warehouse...please allow another 3 to 5 business days for transit time to your location."
    pyro_ likes this.
  20. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    Not fast, but at least they're honouring the sale price.

gpfan and 250senuf like this.