Canibus and Motorcycles October 2018

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Steve G., Oct 15, 2018.

1. HeavyRotation

HeavyRotation Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The. Sky. Is. Uhhh. I. Forgot. Where. I. Was. Going. With. That.....
  2. GreatWhiteNorth

GreatWhiteNorth Long timer

Oddometer:
    Winterpeg - site of flatness beyond belief
    Falling... the sky is falling. No it's not. Negligible change, except now it's legal. Bit of a parallel there with the alcohol prohibition period IMO... in that when governments enact bad laws, what follows is a certain amount of civil disobedience (non-compliance). Said it earlier, hard damaging drugs like crystal meth, opioids, etc. are severely impacting society ATM. Weed and it's effects pale in comparison.
    Steve G. likes this.
  3. HeavyRotation

Oddometer:
    Actually, heroin is completely benign physiologically. The only damage it does is the hole in your skin from the delivery system. But I don't disagree with you about weed, weed saved my life.
    Effisland likes this.
  4. Sikorsky

Sikorsky The Man.

Oddometer:
    It will be interesting to see where the legal fallout ends up in a year or two. The stuff I smoked in high school or college three and a half decades ago pales in comparison THC wise as to the stuff today. Kinda like moving from sharing a Coors light to having your own bottle of tequila.

The edibles are a different kettle of fish. Their potency is incredible. When "frequent" users are suffering from psychosis after munching down too much too fast ..... that is a cause for concern. "How much can a single gummi do" is something I've heard. Turns out quite a bit and none of it was fun.

But it's legal now and we will see where this experiment goes. Society will need to be educated that driving high is the same as driving drunk, just call a cab. Impaired driving is the big concern for me.
    Maggot12 and Steve G. like this.
  5. HeavyRotation

Oddometer:
    Agreed. I used to smoke 19% weed all day in the 90s, but edibles took mt l me to a place where i was just hanging on! A person with no previous hallucinogen experience gobbling down several edibles is not going to have a good time.
  6. Steve G.

Steve G. Long timer

Oddometer:
  7. Eastbayview

Eastbayview Ride On

Oddometer:
    Steve G. likes this.
  8. Ardyjay

Ardyjay Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well, I think I beat you all. Been toking for 51 years. Not all day everyday, mind you. One main difference about pot and booze- you take a toke and you get ‘high’ for 1/2 - 1 hour say. During that time, I really don’t feel like driving. Compare that to booze. The more you drink the better you think you are at it.

Re the supposed connection to pot and accidents, just because there is THC in your blood doesn’t mean you are high. Someone could have smoked a joint a week before, got killed in an accident, and they find THC in the system.
    Unlike booze, where .08 bac has a similar, predictable effect on everyone.
    Personally drunk drivers freak me out more than high drivers, and diabetics in need of a chocolate bar are as bad as drunks for not realizing they are incapacitated. And don’t get me started on prescription meds.

For me, pot helped me escape from tobacco, which I’d smoked for 20+ years and loved it. I quit because I was pissed at the cost. Knowing I could have a puff of a joint occasionally helped to sooth the ‘never can have a smoke again’ anxiety. Been off ciggies since ‘91 now, so I say it helped save my life, as at 66, I have no health problems, other than occasional gout, for which my Dr. gave me a pot prescription for.
    When I smell tobacco I find it far more gross smelling than weed, but some people like the smell of liver cooking so, whatever.
    VO1MX, Effisland, ACR and 1 other person like this.
  9. Ardyjay

Ardyjay Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    One other thing- edibles- be careful as fuck. Even with my pot experience, they can get me higher than I feel comfortable about, and they last a loonnng time. Many people make the mistake of eating a brownie or cookie or something with no real idea of the dosage. And then eat some more because they taste yummy. If you are inexperienced start with a tiny bit, and wait an hour. Seriously, edibles have gotten me to a place of extreme unhappiness before, and I am very wary. Like I said, if you have a toke and get too high, it doesn’t last all that long. Edibles do.
    ACR, Steve G. and GreatWhiteNorth like this.
  10. edwin

edwin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    you said it a-jay....
    we are fkd. :(
  11. Also Ran

Also Ran Adventurer

Oddometer:
    These last couple of posts are what I mentioned before. Over and under reaction to the situation. Proper testing equipment is required but not because our roads are a wrecking yard, filled with bands of roving stoned stupid drivers out there looking to run you down. But anyone who thinks you can't be to stoned to drive is severely miss informed, and it won't soak up all the revenue doing the RnD to get proper procedures in place. It'll all work it's self out and long before Death Race 2000 kicks in. hahaha
    Maggot12 likes this.
  12. GreatWhiteNorth

Oddometer:
    Also Ran likes this.
  13. Upstate1951

Upstate1951 Heisenberg

Oddometer:
    I am frequently pissed off at the morons in cars in BC who must have bribed their way to get a license because they are terrible drivers. There is a lack of enforcement in my mind; and legalization of weed just compounds the risk (to riders and pedestrians alike).
    edwin and Steve G. like this.
  14. Steve G.

Steve G. Long timer

Oddometer:
    Indeed. The vehicle carnage of last weekend shows how many low IQ citizens are being given license to drive here. Add organic pharmaceuticals, Bob's your uncle!
  15. GreatWhiteNorth

Oddometer:
    I think you guys are a little doom & gloom. There's been no perceptible change in life on the roads here. None. And this is a big city. Your mileage may vary. Cannabis legalization has pretty much fallen off the news here, other than the fact the Premier has refused to share the profits:

"Pallister told the the Association of Manitoba Municipalities convention the province won't share cannabis excise revenue with municipalities, including the City of Winnipeg" and this "There's no profit in cannabis and there's no proof there's going to be profit for some time, so don't ask for a share of profits when there aren't profits..."

More government lies.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/bowman-pallister-cannabis-revenue-1.4924388
    16VGTIDave likes this.
  16. Also Ran

Also Ran Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Leave it to the Government to F#K up drug dealing. Fortunes have been made for decades by Joe blow but give it to the brilliant minds who run the show and they are in the red. No wonder we're screwed no matter who we vote for.
    16VGTIDave likes this.
  17. GreatWhiteNorth

Oddometer:
    They probably aren't making money at this point because they are spending so much on advertising. There is advertising plastered everywhere about not driving impaired, alcohol or drugs, the danger of mixing the two, and lots of cannabis related fear mongering too. Promoting safe driving is good for sure, as it will save lives, but there are some police state aspects to the recent changes that don't sit well with many (me included) - during a roadside checkstop, the LEO shouldn't be judge, jury & executioner without direct physical measurable evidence... and the current monitors they have DON'T gauge the level of THC impairment roadside... they just confirm yes/no, and aren't 100% accurate even just doing that (has demonstrated a 14.5% error rate!).

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/manitoba-government-drunk-driver-sanctions-1.4925991

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/con...pproved-for-roadside-drug-detection-1.4047206
    16VGTIDave likes this.
  18. Steve G.

Steve G. Long timer

Oddometer:
  19. GreatWhiteNorth

Oddometer:
  20. ToothDocJay

ToothDocJay Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Cobble Hill, Vancouver island, BC ("wet coast")
    Aren't you kind of undermining your argument about pot? Are you sure that those people with their faces planted into their cell phones and pounding back the Mikes Hard Lemonade would NOT have had an accident if they just weren't smoking pot? I'd say that they are already a high risk.

I also think a better closer than "You'd be an idiot to think our roads are safer now" would be "You'd be an idiot to think our roads are safe at any time".
    GreatWhiteNorth likes this.