Canibus and Motorcycles October 2018

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Steve G., Oct 15, 2018.

1. GreatWhiteNorth

GreatWhiteNorth Long timer

Oddometer:
    Winterpeg - site of flatness beyond belief
    Steve, could you expand on what you mean by "since police have not extended policing in this manner"? Watching the morning news here, I just saw an RCMP spokesperson talk about the drug impaired driving charges here since legalization. She said 14 people total, province wide, since legalization, have been suspected of driving high, and they are waiting for toxicology results before they can charge anyone. Pretty low numbers compared to alcohol DUIs.

Steve, why is it socially acceptable to drink booze at a hockey or football game, get all rowdy, but people demonstrating some very low key civil disobedience, that harms nobody, at 4/20 bothers you so much?
    Effisland likes this.
  2. Steve G.

Steve G. Long timer

Oddometer:

Heck, my timing could not be better. Just today on Vancouver radios, lawyer is talking about BC police sitting back with a 'wait and watch' stance, in timing with the big 4/20 event in Vancouver, and generally. Which means, no extra enforcement. I'm laughing out loud at Vancouver City taxpayers, and renters, who have been paying for years the damage to parks, tons of garbage left in the park, police costs, emergency personnel costs.

My early example of a couple on a beach sipping wine together, versus that same couple on the beach smoking. The wine sippers are not even noticed 4' away by others,especially if they sip it out of a plastic cup. The same 2 toking up affect those around them for 100 yards downwind whether they like it or not. The selfishness of not just pot smokers, but cigarette smokers alike, is over the top IMO. That they don't see it is fact of the selfishness. I estimate full 5% of commuters are smoking herb while driving as the pass me. Geez, how to I know this? Because of the stink all others must put up with. Thank goodness I don't live in an apartment, putting up with this. It's the very same as a bbq going full on with smoke and crap at the bottom floor and the smoke rising up to all the neighbours. Social boors.
  3. GreatWhiteNorth

Oddometer:
    Tolerance Steve. Have a little tolerance for others. As I've repeatedly said here, lots worse things to worry about, the meth crisis, fentanyl/opioids, poverty/crime, etc. Seems out of place to get bent out of shape about them "pot smokers", just sayin'.
  4. Steve G.

Steve G. Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not bent. Yes, many things to worry about. Tolerance to stinking up a social area? Not much. What’s the line? What’s acceptable and what’s not?
  5. dustin2

dustin2 VFR800

Oddometer:
    Listen, I totally get where you're coming from. I hate having to breathe in cigarette smoke and am very sensitive to it. I also don't think that other people should be forced to breathe it in second hand and am glad we have so many smoke-free zones in BC. That said, I tolerate it as they are granted the freedom to do so, like many people do with motorcycles, eh?

When my girlfriend and I go back to Germany to visit her family, it always takes me a long time to get used to all of the cigarette smoke. My god do people smoke a lot over there. It really makes me appreciate the progress we've made here.
    Effisland likes this.
  6. GreatWhiteNorth

Oddometer:
    16VGTIDave likes this.