Canister Removal

Discussion in 'Hard. Core. (1090/1190/1290)' started by Deviant, Aug 6, 2017.

1. kevinA

kevinA Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Please explain to everyone how it would have an effect since the gases from the canister are recycled through Cylinder and go through the combustion cycle in the cylinder with the fuel and air. Magic doesn’t apply here.

Attached Files:

2. comradecasey

comradecasey Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Idk man, but it definitely pops a lot less on both quickshifter upshifts and downshifts on my SAR :dunno
  3. kevinA

kevinA Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You’re confusing people by posting about something you Just said you don’t understand how it works or what it does.

You are confusing the evaporative canister system with the secondary air system it looks like you also removed and stated it decreases the exhaust popping (it does)

you?
    https://advrider.com/f/threads/any-...with-the-stock-exhaust.1432585/#post-39499032

Attached Files:

4. tmark1301cc

tmark1301cc Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Oh boy....
    comradecasey likes this.
  5. Fathertime

Fathertime Fathertime

Oddometer:
    Other than replacing the pathetic excuse for headlamp bulbs on my 2015 S with a Cyclops L.E.D., the first thing I ordered was a Stage II Canister removal kit from Rotweiller [$70]. It is a complete kit, takes a little effort to install, has detailed instructions [+ VIDEO!]. It seemed like a 'no-brainer' to me. If you own a KTM, their offerings [although not always the cheapest on the market] are not wanting in (quality) selection, that's for sure, and their service is quick also...
  6. DakarBlues

DakarBlues One-everythinged man

Oddometer:
    Will the canister removal create problems when undergoing technical visit (DMV or Highway Patrol Station)?
  7. Fathertime

Fathertime Fathertime

Oddometer:
    I would be astonished if any of those guys would be able to pick out what you have done. The O2 sensors are in place, along with the cats and the engine area is so shrouded and compact, it would take a KTM tech to spot the makeover...
    If any of those clowns questions you, just tell them that is the way you bought it.
    Do yourself a favour and check out the install video on their site. Simple, straight forward and complete. You won't be sorry...:-)
  8. ghte

ghte Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This has been a very informative read, thank you all for your input. I do have one question. By unplugging the main fuel tank drain vent can it potentially suck up dust in to the engine. I am new to KTM's and have just bought a 1090 that will do mostly off road, so just a little anxious about dust induction. Cheers.
  9. Capo Rick

Capo Rick Please understand... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Since it will vent directly to the atmosphere a small amount of dust could get into your tank and fuel. I’ve done the same thing and figure it’s a non-issue with the filtration that’s in place. I have the Guglatech Godzilla in place as well
  10. Trailryder42

Trailryder42 Long timer

Oddometer:
    You could put a small crankcase breather filter in the line and tuck it out of the way. They're pretty cheap.
  11. Andy_L

Andy_L Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I think so too. An open fuel tank breather pipe sticking out the bottom of the bike was standard design before the charcoal canisters came in.
  12. ktmrider36

ktmrider36 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That’s a good point but the large size of the vent hose on these bikes concerns me a little. The vent hoses on all my previous bikes were tiny compared to this one. Also wondering if dust could work it’s way all the way up into the tank. I wonder if it is reduced at the T before entering the tank.
  13. kevinA

kevinA Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What’s the second hose running to the bottom that’s also plugged. The smaller one.
  14. Saltboxlad

Saltboxlad Long timer

Oddometer:
    Airbox drain
    kevinA likes this.