CannonRide - Ozark Adventure Tour (OZAT) (MO/AR)

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Cannonshot, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Cannonshot

Cannonshot Having a Nice Time Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Cool stuff Mark! I'm glad you got the chance to enjoy the route. Looking forward to your ride report on your site. Thanks again for adding some helpful info for everybody in this thread. For all that contributed, it is much appreciated. Always good to try to help out the next rider.
  2. steved57

steved57 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    My brother and I headed to NW Arkansas Monday - street bikes/paved only but still should be lots of fun

Thank You CS for all the great info and great ride report & pics
    Cannonshot likes this.
  3. MizzouRider

MizzouRider Long timer

Oddometer:
    Going to try and run some of this starting on Thursday next week. Hopefully ride through to the following Tuesday. Normally I would never ride in Ark or Mo in August. I almost always head out west, but we are supposed to get cooler weather and dry, for a few weeks. Thank you for putting these tracks together. I'll add a pic or two here. (If everything works out, and I get to go. I really need to retire.) 23 months from now I will.. But who's counting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DanielM and Cannonshot like this.
  4. jettech01

jettech01 Why be cleaning when you should be leaning.

Oddometer:
    Cannonshot;
    truly enjoying your report, some of that area is very near my retirement property just east (5 miles) of Salem Ark. Great job covering the area,
    seems like "old home night" some of the wonderful history you pass along. Good on you.
    "IN"
    Cannonshot likes this.
  5. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    In theaters September 29th.

http://www.americanmademovie.net/

6. BornAgain

BornAgain Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    How's the leg?
    Cannonshot likes this.
  7. Critic

Critic More or less!

Oddometer:
    West of the Illinois, heart of the state!
    Bryan, Rode down to MO last week 28-30th, thinking I would hit some of your route. I mapped out an Adventure Ride, which the other guys said they wanted. But, they really only wanted curves on the major hi-ways. We wove around your route and sometimes on it. At least, I got to ck my adventure style tracks down from Peoria to the Golden Eagle Ferry. It was about 80% gravel/dirt up to the last 40-50 miles; then, from there to the ferry, switched to what I call the Illinois Dragon. I was very pleased with the tracks. It went right near the FARM thru Bernadotte and Camp Ellis from our past. I am working on a trans IL route.
    TonyKZ1 and Cannonshot like this.
  8. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    Thanks for asking. It took a few months to get past everything. Back to normal now.

Sounds like you've been getting some good riding in. Glad you got to enjoy some of the tracks. There sure are a lot of great opportunities in that region. Good luck with the trans-IL route!
  9. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    Went to see the movie "American Made" today. I referred to it when I was covering Mena (AR) in the report. Pretty good movie with some entertaining coverage about Mena and some of things that allegedly went on there. Tom Cruise does a good job as Barry Seal.
    Max Wedge, Parcero and SGrider like this.
  10. simmons1

simmons1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Excellant, thanks for the review. I was planning on seeing it.
  11. xdsbiker

xdsbiker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Awesome report. The history lesson was great. Going to try and ride some of the Wisconsin routes in 2018.
    Cannonshot likes this.
  12. DirtyOldMan

DirtyOldMan Motorsickle enthusiast

Oddometer:
    Just found this, awesome! Still on day 2 but your writing about that area takes me back to the early 70's.
    Mammoth Springs, Hardy and the spring river were my old stomping grounds. Grandma lived in Cherokee Village for a while.
    Cannonshot likes this.
  13. Bigbore4

Bigbore4 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the work you put into documenting rides. I am going to hop over to the GPS tracks thread and download this. I was down there 2 times in '17. Fist time was April after Moto GP with a couple riding buddies. There was lots of road damage, debris and it was still raining off and on. I ended up back there in July solo. At least it was dryer.

I am going to use your report and tracks to convince the group we need to do it again after GP in Austin. I did a couple days of gravel when I came back through in July, would love to see some of the places you went.

Great RR, and again thanks for documenting the ride.
  14. WFO1

WFO1 Living the Dream Supporter

Oddometer:
    Awesome RR's. I'm new to this adventure riding. I still ride off-road at least once a week and I'm just Flat out Jealous. I've done a couple Of ISDE's and many National Enduros and Cross Country races but Never have I been able to experience what you have!
    Absolutely Fabulous pictures. Michigan looks like a hoot on an off-road bike! Thanks for sharing and hope the leg is healing up well. Been there and done that too many times!
  15. Butcho

Butcho Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great report Bryan! Might just have to go ride some of this area real soon. Thanks for all the info and history.
    Cannonshot likes this.
  16. FinsUp

FinsUp Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Great ride report!
    Cannonshot likes this.
  17. Butcho

Butcho Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Started yesterday Road the track down into Eminence and then over to Harrison Arkansas great place to ride thanks for the all the info and the tracks Bryan![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
  18. Bultaco206

Bultaco206 Back-to-back motos suck Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nice bike! :hide
    Butcho likes this.
  19. Johnnny13

Johnnny13 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I did the east fly gap section two weeks ago and ran into a bear about 25 yards from me on the trail. It was a fun route. I plan on running it again this weekend.
    KiloGraham and Cannonshot like this.
  20. woodzrider

woodzrider Long timer

Oddometer:

Actually, they have at least 11, maybe more. We have 2 of them in our hangar in OKC as I write this. We are on contract to do avionics upgrade to 4 of these with a possible follow on to do more. Really enjoying this rr so far. I plan on doing this soon.
    Cannonshot likes this.