1. zora

zora the explora

Oddometer:
    I don't whine about having difficulty riding - awww, that has to be the nicest thing you have ever said about me on here. :D

Cannon, I hope Zed takes off on a Trek with you, that poor guy never gets to ride without his wife in tow.
  2. Hotspice

Hotspice Satellites not acquired

Oddometer:
    Oh look, a thread to subscribe to.

:lurk

Weekend rides +1

And I've not yet been on a CannonTrek so, depending on what you mean by "appropriately experienced riders", I may or may not qualify.

When is this thing again?
    :wink:
  3. thechickencow

thechickencow Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'll jump in as a hopeful for weekend type rides as well. I'm living further up north now (Taylor Co) so they should be easier for me to get to.
  4. DNTOUCH

DNTOUCH Need more time to ride.

Oddometer:
    I'd be in for a couple weekend rides also, the day rides are more my style..

5. JJJZJ

JJJZJ Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey there Cannon,

I would be interested in some rides as well. I just picked up a DRZ400s to play with in the woods and have my F8GS for tamer rides.

Keep me in the loop and I would love to ride whenever.

-Jon
  6. Thanantos

Thanantos Ride hard.

Oddometer:
    Interested as well. Depending on timing weekdays or weekends would work. I work 12 hour rotating shifts. Definitely a novice rider.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk
  7. skeeter650

skeeter650 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    count me in for a noobie weekend ride. i can host campers if that makes things convenient.
  8. theBikeman

theBikeman Dual Sport Rider

Oddometer:
    I would be interested in some weekend rides, as well as some of the longer CannonTreks..
    Thanks
  9. Cannonshot

Cannonshot Having a Nice Time Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    OK, I started putting together a list of people who are interested so I know who to contact as these opportunities come up. If I've got you on the list, I know to let you know as plans are being made. Much of this will have to be done via PM. Sadly, open internet invitations are getting to be a thing of the past. There has to be some measure of control these days or things can go wrong. Only partial info will appear in this thread.

Basically, I am using three informal categories. People may appear in more than one category.

The first is the weekend rides (usually day rides on the weekend). Lots of names, but reality is that only some will be able to make it on a particular day. Hope to schedule quite a few weekend opportunities so more people will get a chance schedule-wise. We'll see what happens.

The second group are the folks that might be available during the week. This can work great for everyone involved. This might be when I put together some scouting or proof runs. Nice to be able to do this as a small group.

The third group identifies those who would like a milder pace and terrain and who are not yet anxious to run in a faster paced group. I've got a couple of routes laid out for this already. Some of this could be concurrent with another ride, just a different route, particulary if some people are willing to help out navigation wise.

I'll also be working in some opportunities for more trail oriented runs (single-track) - maybe some in conjunction with a concurrent DS ride nearby.

Of course, all of these are informal get-togethers of like minded riders.

In the end it should be a lot of fun for people. Just show up and ride. Looking forward to it.
  10. rubberband

rubberband Will ride for tacos

Oddometer:
    interested in "all of the above" my schedule is fairly flexible.
  11. NECO

NECO n00b

Oddometer:
    Keep me posted on all of the above. My schedule is ever changing.

I have read previous CannonTrek RR's and love to be a part of one.:ear
  12. tyncan

tyncan tyncan

Oddometer:
    Hi Cannonshot, I'd like to be on that PM list. I like the idea of doing a base camp ride in Ontario too. Looking forward to more info, something to think about while the snow melts.
  13. rickcorwn

rickcorwn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'd like to keep informed about these rides also. My schedule varies so weekday rides are a good possibility. Ridding and camping in the UP are big on the to do list this year :deal
  14. Monty_Burns

Monty_Burns Excellent.

Oddometer:
    Hi Cannon,

I think I'm more a combination weekender and milder pace and terrain type of guy.

Thanks,

Dave
  15. darrendeep6

darrendeep6 BMW Dirty Dozen

Oddometer:
    I'm in for weekend or weekday rides.
  16. slowfreak

slowfreak I found her that way

Oddometer:
    Looks like I'll have a lot of three day weekends this year, and I definately need to get out riding more. Would also be interested in some of the slower paced "easier rides", assuming they'll be more big bike friendly. Keep up the good work!
  17. yeroc40

yeroc40 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Cannon!!!

Those of you who may be included in a Trek are really in for something special.

I'd like to know about possible weekend rides though.
  18. Kaanan

Kaanan Knee deep in snow.

Oddometer:
    Do you know how far in advance these rides will be “posted”? I only ask because I need a fair amount of time to request off from work.
  19. Cannonshot

Cannonshot Having a Nice Time Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Since this thread deals with weekend/weekday rides right now, that is what I will talk about.

In the beginning it will be difficult to know when the snow is out of the woods so notice will be a week or so. Once things get rolling I can post weekend dates much further out.

Whatever I do with Treks will evolve later on and will involve much longer notice.
  20. Kaanan

Kaanan Knee deep in snow.

Oddometer:
    Sounds good. I am DYING to get my bike off road this year. My wheels touched dirt for only two days in 2010. Between work, work, and the wife it’s tough to get out the door for a good ride, but if I know in advance I can let them down slowly.