1. Pansy

Pansy Not much of an Adventurer

Oddometer:
    How's the leg @Cannonshot ? Great shots... but I expect no less. :D
    pigjockey likes this.
  2. Cannonshot

Cannonshot Having a Nice Time Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Thanks for asking. Still pretty sore. The (incredible) swelling went down a lot. I suppose riding on an injury like that wasn't the best thing to do but . . .
    Pansy likes this.
  3. pigjockey

pigjockey Hognuts the T-bagger

Oddometer:
    Wisconsin A half dozen miles from ROAD AMERICA
    It’ll heal or it won’t. J/k heal up soon it’s riding season.
    By the way my snowblower leg is all better but the leg is a bit uglier than previously.
  4. Gerken

Gerken If you think adventures are dangerous, try routine Supporter

Oddometer:
    There is always one rider in the group who has a brain fade encounter that leads to a silly maneuver and today I was that guy. One bread loaf size loose rock bouncing between the wheels was all I needed to get catapulted over the edge of doom. This is what happens when the old farmer tries to keep pace with the youngsters. Luckily between screams I spied a tree to crash into that was my only hope from plummeting a long, long way. It could have been way worse and thanks so much to the 5 man crew who assisted the extraction, you saved my life.

[​IMG]

Like the Colonel said it was great to escape winter and I could not have asked for better company to share the experience. Thanks to all of the Wisconsin wrecking crew for letting me tag along. A great time indeed. I particularly want to give a shout out to all the people who took turns navigating and leading the group on the trails. I know what a stressful job that can be anytime but more so when the chance of becoming a side by side hood ornament is very real. I forgot my camera lanyard so did not get many pictures. This rock formation on the extra credit ride had some technical climbs to access but was a real gem. On one of the meaner hills to get here I stopped midway, went back down to do it all over because I was having so much fun. Well, that's my story anyhow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As with any Cannonride I left enlightened with great memories and knowledge. Awesome trail riding, good times "smoking" around the trash fire with the barmaid, great BBQ on top of a mountain, hypodermic needles along roadsides and interesting, helpful company. A short list of the many things I learned; Surviving in coal country is not for the weak, Cannon's ability to hear someone offer their life story with his subtle interrogation methods is an art, pancake wrapped sausage on a stick makes an economical breakfast entrée, good luck finding Busch Light in Man WV, Man High School is the Home of the Hillbillies and although it took me three days of practice I believe I finally grasp the concept of Baja Relay.
    vwboomer, TimCC, Lutz and 4 others like this.
  5. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    Thanks Terry for providing us with a great memory and story to tell about going over the edge. So glad there was no damage to you or the bike. I think we all suffered some of those bad hops that were a little scary but you suffered this one in precisely the wrong spot. :D Always fun to spend time with you on the trail and beyond. Lots of great memories. :thumb
    pigjockey likes this.
  6. Critic

Critic More or less!

Oddometer:
    West of the Illinois, heart of the state!
    Wait, no photo with you riding with third wheel attached to your back! Bad leg, Pansy follows you more than I do.
    Nice report! It got me in the spring mood for riding.

Update: I just went back through your photo's. They brought back old memories of the first time I visited a small coal mine down there. I meet "Tony" the CAT salesman at the mine office; which was an old school bus, just like the one in photo, only with yellow paint.
    Cannonshot and Pansy like this.
  7. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    My goodness, who carries a pistol AND a taser?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Lutz and Bultaco206 like this.
  8. Gerken

Gerken If you think adventures are dangerous, try routine Supporter

Oddometer:
    The young lady right there, that's who. Contents of the toolbox have specific purpose. Sometimes she just wanted to send a message and other times the message needed to end. So glad you snuck a photo. Just more ammo for my wife to keep my distance from you Mr. Shot.
    Critic and Cannonshot like this.
  9. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
  10. Critic

Critic More or less!

Oddometer:
    I just went back through your photo's. They brought back old memories of the first time I visited a coal mine down there. I meet "Tony" the CAT salesman at the mine office. It was an old school bus, just about like the one in photo.
    Ha Ha ...You nailed that one, good job Gerk!
  11. Critic

Critic More or less!

Oddometer:
    Bryan,
    I am about ready togo out and do some track and waypoint search. Last year while on a U.P. ride with Layton; we had problems loading tracks and maps, after doing a recent update of BaseCamp. We researched it,, then reloaded to the formed version of BaseCamp, per fix. I have been avoiding doing BC updates. Any comments on what path to follow?
  12. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    Use Mapsource instead. Downloads available on web.
    Critic likes this.
  13. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    That drive side rear bearing failure took out the hub. After checking the old one out, ordered a new set-up wheel. One of the first things I did when I bought that EXC was to order a set of spare wheels for trips.

[​IMG]
    WRW9751 likes this.
  14. Layton

Layton Long timer

Oddometer:
    Actually it’s MapInstall 4.2.0 that has the problem.
    You need to uninstall that version and replace it with 4.0.4

We struggled with that for a while before we got it working.

Layton
    Critic likes this.
  15. LorenWahl

LorenWahl Getting older

Oddometer:
    1.Northern Marinette CO, WI, 2. Neenah, Wi
    Hmm...Basecamp works for me. This is not to instigate debate. Just one person's vote that BaseCamp can meet a persons needs. Or, I naively don't understand what I am missing by not using other options. It is likely that I have 300+ hours using basecamp spanning 4 years. And all that time is with a single 62st. Yeah, I struggled with the UI at the start of my learning curve. Now, my Collection of folders, subfolders, lists and tracks is to me very well organized. But I only have about 800 tracks of off-road motorcycle trails. I am an IT guy whose career caused me to learn many software apps, advantage to me. I am now evaluating some smartphone options like US Topo Maps for Android. One vote for Basecamp.
  16. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    I'm sure it does Loren. It works for me and a lot of others as well. As does MapInstall. There was no debate here, but you did take the opportunity to make a speech about yourself. :rolleyes
  17. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    Some of you know that I would often hitch rack a motorcycle and camp out of my van when I was scouting or out doing day rides in a region. Now that I'm older, I like to have a place to stand up straight. :D

Had an enclosed trailer custom built from an outfit in Michigan.

[​IMG]

Had them add some extra height (among other things).

[​IMG]

Got some ideas from others who have similar trailers. I have much of the trailer build completed. I can add or subtract appliances and the like depending on the trip.

Some storage (helmets, clothes, other gear and equipment). Tool cart for making repairs while on trips.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wired for 12V and 30 amp service. On board charger for the 12V system.

[​IMG]

Work area so I can put together rides and do mapping, GPS, and computer work.

[​IMG]

Windows with screens and blinds.

[​IMG]

I have a pull down bug screen custom made to fit the trailer. It pulls down like a projection screen. Allows ventilation without insects. The side door also is RV style with a screen door.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I took weight and balance into consideration with various loading scenarios.

[​IMG]

Satellite radio with an antenna mounted on the roof.

[​IMG]

The door is for a portable air conditioner. @Bultaco206 turned me on to that feature.

[​IMG]

Table folds away within maybe 3" of the wall.

[​IMG]

Plenty of room for any two of my motorcycles at a time. Could probably fit three in if I needed to. Chocks easily come off and get stored in the cabinet.

[​IMG]

Tower fan. I have a powered roof vent that has multiple speeds and moves air in either direction as well. The trailer is insulated as well.

[​IMG]

Mat from a previous van I owned. Ceiling and walls primed and painted. Floor sealed and painted with porch paint.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Plenty of clearance for my RZR. Plenty of room to get out of the RZR once I dock it.

[​IMG]

Now I just need an opportunity to take it north to finish scouting some draft tracks I've got in the works for some new rides to share.
  18. InTheMuck

InTheMuck So it goes...

Oddometer:
    Amongst the has beens & the addicts (Milwaukee)
    Dannnng... That is one sweet trailer!!! :thumb
    Bultaco206 likes this.
  19. Bultaco206

Bultaco206 Back-to-back motos suck Supporter

Oddometer:
    You’ve been busy! Nice work! And yes, I think that door for a window A/C was a smart choice. :evil I just finished framing mine out for my A/C unit.

FB35D079-87B8-4F5B-870E-88F92DEEEE0E.jpeg
    TimCC and Cannonshot like this.
  20. Fdavid

Fdavid Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That is a very nice set up you have got. I have built a tear drop camper before for camping purposes but I see now I gotta work on something like you have. It's a complete work place and bike storage in one. I just love it.
    Slick67ss and Cannonshot like this.