CannonTracks - 2010 Central ADV Rally Routes and Tracks

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Central, Texas & Gulf States' started by Cannonshot, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Cannonshot

Cannonshot Having a Nice Time Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    File Name: CR 2010 1
    Primary Use: Best for big bikes.
    Route Segments: 1 @ 212 miles
    Track Segments: 1 @ 480 points
    Fuel: No constraints.
    Rustic Roads Included: R60, R58, R59, R34 (can earn patch for 10 roads)
    Interactive Map: http://maps.innersource.com/GProject.aspx?pid=7145
    File in .gbd or .gpx: PM with e-mail address or check Rally web site.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    File Name: CR 2010 2
    Route Segments: 1 @ 224 miles
    Track Segments: 1 @ 428 points
    Rustic Roads Included: R60, R74 (can earn patch for 10 roads)
    Interactive Map: http://maps.innersource.com/GProject.aspx?pid=7146

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    File Name: CR 2010 3
    Route Segments: 1 @ 149 miles
    Track Segments: 1 @ 362 points
    Rustic Roads Included: R60, R58, R59 (can earn patch for 10 roads)
    Interactive Map: http://maps.innersource.com/GProject.aspx?pid=7147

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    File Name: CR 2010 4
    Route Segments: 1 @ 441 miles
    Track Segments: 2 (1 @ 493 and 1 @ 246 points)
    Rustic Roads Included: R58. R59, R105, R95, R62, R1, R78 (can earn patch for 10 roads)
    Interactive Map: http://maps.innersource.com/GProject.aspx?pid=7148

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    File Name: CR 2010 5
    Route Segments: 1 @ 314 miles
    Track Segments: 2 (1 @ 488 and 1 @ 97 points)
    Rustic Roads Included: R58. R59, R105, R62, R1, R78 (can earn patch for 10 roads)
    Interactive Map: http://maps.innersource.com/GProject.aspx?pid=7149

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    File Name: CR 2010 6 Gang (Partial Gangster Tour)
    Route Segments: 1 @ 342 miles
    Track Segments: 2 (1 @ 461 and 1 @ 152 points)
    Rustic Roads Included: R95, R105, R58, R59 (can earn patch for 10 roads)
    Interactive Map: http://maps.innersource.com/GProject.aspx?pid=7150

Related ride report: Gangster Tour

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  7. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    File Name: NHAL Final
    Primary Use: Best for small/medium dual sports. Big bikes have run it.
    Route Segments: Not routable. 133 miles
    Track Segments: 2 (1 @ 495 and 1 @ 470 points)
    Rustic Roads Included: None
    Interactive Map: http://maps.innersource.com/GProject.aspx?pid=7150

Related ride report: No WI DS Route - Northern Highland-American Legion State Forest

This is a 133 mile dual sport route that is principally based in the Northern Highland - American Legion State Forest in northern Wisconsin. The track starts and ends near Eagle River.

I started with a 184 mile draft track, but by the time I sorted out the berms, cables, and gates in the forest I got down to a very comfortable and entertaining 133 miles. All of the track is based on paths open to motorized travel. The two track sections are based on perpetual forest roads. Some of these roads are also used as snowmobile trails in the winter. The ride may take about 5 hours to complete. All of the roads involved with this route are open to street licensed vehicles. A good portion of the route involves paved or gravel roads. Most are scenic, twisty, and entertaining.

[​IMG]

The NH-AL State Forest is around 233,000 acres. There is plenty of great scenery, lakes, campgrounds, and touristy small towns within the area.

Motorized recreation is not very prominent in this area during the summer months. While scouting in this area we met a few mountain bikers, berry pickers, and a family exercising their dogs on the two-tracks. As always, it is important to show proper etiquette and respect for other users in these encounters. Our footprint was so insignificant on these tracks I doubt anyone would even know we were there.

For maps and general information about the NH-AL State Forest, you can visit this web site:
    http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/forestry/...NH-AL-maps.htm

I will try to make the track available in GPS Central, but if it doesn't work out, PM me an e-mail address and I will send it to you.

A closer look at the track:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I put some photos in the next post to give you an idea of what the dirt sections are like.

I should mention that (depending on speed of course) this track is mild enough for a novice to ride and enjoy. It is a perfect place for the less experienced to have a great ride without having a lot of trouble. As in all tracks, increased speed can turn something from mild to challenging for the more advanced riders. "Hazards" may include small pieces of limbs on the track, some puddles, a bit of sand, and some surfaces that could be slippery when wet. I rode it at a slower pace (27 moving average versus the usual 38-42 for this kind of stuff) and really enjoyed the ride. Even on the road sections I found myself taking it slow as there is a lot to see and enjoy.

The day I proofed the track was in the 50s (mid-July) and misting much of the time. This made for slippery conditions in some of the dimmer, grassy sections. Even riding at a much slower pace in some areas, the path was fun.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

HodakaD is from the area and answered my internet call to ride along. I'm glad he did. Some of the sections were somewhat remote. Best not to ride this alone. Thanks for coming along Dan, it was all good fun.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The gravel forest roads are entertaining as well.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Much of the route reminded me of riding the Wabeno dual sport events - minus the hero sections of course.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

There is one spot where there is a significant road in place due to some logging operations in the area. As always, respect all berms, cables, gates, and signs. In coordinating with an official from the NH-AL, I found that this road will likely remain open so no go-around will be required. The track should remain true.
    [​IMG]

We encountered an albino deer that presented itself quite nicely. Of course, by the time I got the camera out the deer had moved into cover. Oh well. We also came upon a large canid. It seemed a little tall and lanky and bold for a coyote and may have been a wolf (this is wolf country). I went over to where it had been standing on a two track looking for a decent footprint to evaluate, but I didn't see anything.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There is a tiny bit of sand on this course. Probably just enough to help a novice build some skills.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Vilas County is often seen as a silent sports type area (except for summer boating and the winter economic boost of snowmobiling). In fact, the county held a referendum that pretty much killed the prospect of ATV trails in the county. An ATV trail had been studied for the State Forest and that project was pretty much killed off as well.

So with that in mind, it would be good to keep in mind that it might be best to maintain a low profile when dealing with people you meet on the trail or in the towns. Most everyone I know already know this, but I have had the misfortune of being around some people who don't get it. I have seen the wheelie popping, engine revving knuckleheads that call the wrong kind of attention to themselves in the wrong places (like in small towns). Thankfully they are few and are usually policed by their peers.

But, I will share a couple of tidbits about Vilas County ordinances.

In the area there are some excellent paved bicycle trails that run along the highways. Motor vehicles are prohibited from these trails - period. Don't get confused and get on a trail.

Snowmobile trails are closed to all wheeled vehicles between December 1 and April 15th each year.

They have a noise ordinance about unnecessary and annoying noise that includes:

Unnecessary and annoying noises include
    without limitation: squealing or spinning of
    tires; excessive acceleration or revving of
    engine; emitting loud and unnecessary muffler

noises; unnecessary horn blowing

8. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    File Name: CNNF R1 V2
    Primary Use: Best for small/medium dual sports. Big bikes can run it.
    Route Segments: 1 @ 209 miles
    Track Segments: 3 (1 @ 476, 1 @ 492, and 1 @ 308 points)
    Interactive Map: http://maps.innersource.com/GProject.aspx?pid=6883

Related ride report: Dual Sport Routes Near Eagle River, WI (Central Rally)

This route is about 210 miles and uses either tracklines or a route file.
    [​IMG]

The track is intended to be ridden counter-clockwise (traffic management for multiple riders).
    [​IMG]

The route starts and ends using some paved roads. Paved or not, they are fun to ride.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Motorized recreation is not exactly popular in this region. I hope those that ride the routes demonstrate proper etiquette and respect for others.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I rode a KLR 650 on the proof rides. It was a good choice, but with the street like tires it was a mild ride. On my DRZ with knobbies, some sections would have been even more entertaining. This route is also suitable for big bikes.
    [​IMG]

Some of the route skirts a wilderness area.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Over the two days of proofing these routes, I would sometimes catch myself smiling as I encountered entertaining sections.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

CNNF Section 2
    <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Another view of the tires I was riding on. Worked OK. The oversize windshield was an aftermarket add-on. Works good.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The paved sections are nice.
    [​IMG]

If this little cutie was the size of a bear, no one would live in the north woods. Pretty aggressive predator.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    CNNF Section 2 continued

<HR style="COLOR: #575757" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->[​IMG]

Based on the feedback I got from some Central Rally folks, and some observations I made, I wanted to note that there is some sand of interest on one of the roads on this route. The road is "Back Tracker". I didn't find it a problem, but some not used to sand might want to know there there is some loose and sugary sand from time to time in the wheel ruts on part of this road. It is not anything difficult at all for most riders, but in the interest of disclosure . . .
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

CNNF Section 3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Info on the MacArthur White Pine:

http://dnr.wi.gov/forestry/Publicati...rWhitePine.pdf

http://www.nativetreesociety.org/fie...rthur_pine.htm

[​IMG]

CNNF Section 4

There is some sporty stuff in this section. Rolling and twisting forest road.
    [​IMG]

On the way back to Eagle River there is some pavement. It will be very welcome by that time . . .
    [​IMG]

Motorcycles of any type are NOT allowed on the Nicolet Trail. Just like with the paved bicycle trails you will encounter in the area, please keep off so we don't make trouble with the locals.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had a constant grin going in my helmet as I rode through this area.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  9. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    File Name: CNNF R1 V2
    Primary Use: Best for small/medium dual sports. Big bikes can run it.
    Route Segments: Not routable. 215 miles. Can shortcut it to 140.
    Track Segments: 5 (1 @ 311, 1 @ 248, and 1 @ 481 points; 2 alts - 1 @ 57 and 1 @ 82)
    Interactive Map: http://maps.innersource.com/GProject.aspx?pid=6884

Requires Michigan ORV sticker. Can be purchased on-line.
    http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-10365_15070-168458--,00.html

Related ride report: Dual Sport Routes Near Eagle River, WI (Central Rally)

The loop that runs into the UP spends a lot of time on railroad grades from the mining and logging days that are now snowmobile or ORV trails. You will require a Michigan ORV Sticker (past cost $16.25) to ride this route.

The route is 215 miles but has a shortcut option that reduces it to 140 miles.
    [​IMG]

MI RR DS Route Section 1

The route starts off about the same as the CNNF route, but takes in some pavement (CTH A) on the way to the Michigan border.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MI RR DS Route Section 2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Railroad grade snowmobile trail.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Trestles along the way.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cool, clear streams. For a while the trail nestles up against the Brule River which is the Wisconsin - Michigan border.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MI RR DS Route Section 3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When you get to Watersmeet, get gas (if you need it) as there is none in Marenisco. Also, take some time to visit the Ottawa National Forest Visitor's Center. They have some great exhibits that include three wolves, a black bear, a fisher, a lynx, a couple of bobcats, and other local animals - stuffed of course.

There is also the opportunity to take a short cut on the route to cut it down from 215 to 140 miles. One way to go is to take a railroad grade (dark red) south to the Wisconsin border at Land O' Lakes. This is nice, but the road that runs next to it (dark green) is a much more twisty, rolling, and entertaining ride.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MI RR DS Route Section 4

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Don't miss this rolling and twisting segment! What a great road!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In the end, you are back in Eagle River. Don't be put off by the idea or riding the railroad grades. They curve more than you would expect, and the lakes, rivers, and scenery you pass are great.
  10. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    File Name: CannonTracks Keweenaw Eagle
    Primary Use: Trackline best for small/medium dual sports. Big bikes can run the route that loosely follows the track. This enables a mixed group to meet up at various points along the way.
    Route Segments: 1 @ 431 miles.
    Track Segments: 5 for 416 miles (1 @ 481, 1 @ 229, 1 @ 369, 1 @ 482, and 1 @ 481 points; 2 alts - 1 @ 57 and 1 @ 106)
    Fuel: Longest segment about 75 miles.
    Interactive Map: http://maps.innersource.com/GProject.aspx?pid=7076

Dual sport trackline requires Michigan ORV sticker. Can be purchased on-line. http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-10365_15070-168458--,00.html

Related ride report: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=541778

This is a new dual sport track for those who may base out of Eagle River, WI including those who attend the Central ADV Rally. This ride includes tracks for a more dirt oriented path and a route for big bikes that parallels the track but is more street oriented. This track is intended to be ridden as an overnighter. There is a lot to take in along the way. Camping is available at the tip of the Keweenaw Peninsula at High Rock Bay. Motels are available in Copper Harbor (along with State Park camping).

Dirt track. Ridden clockwise, it is about 215 miles from Eagle River to the tip and about 201 miles back to the start. You will need a Michigan ORV sticker to ride the ORV trails that are part of this route. That sticker can be purchased on-line at http://www.mdnr-elicense.com/welcome.asp.

[​IMG]

Big bike route. The route is 416 miles long and is divided approximately the same as the dirt track as far as daily mileage.
    [​IMG]

The two together. This is set up so that mixed groups of dirt and big bikes could make the "same" trip and meet up at certain points of interest along the way.
    [​IMG]

Right now I can't get GPX files to upload, so if you want the track PM me with an e-mail address and I'll send it right out.

Closer views.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There are a number of attractions along the route. Some of these include:

Ottawa National Forest

Mass City

Copper Range Railroad

Firesteel River Trestles

Twin Lakes

Toivola

Painesdale

Champion #4 Mine

Champion Mine History

South Range

Houghton

Hancock

Houghton Hancock

Lift Bridge

Calumet

Laurium

CoppertownUSA On-Line Exhibits

Keweenaw Ghost Towns

Kearsarge

Ahmeek

Phoenix

Eagle Harbor

Keweenaw Info

Brockway Mountain Drive

Copper Harbor and Brockway Mountain

Lake Superior

Copper Harbor

Fort Wilkins

The Rocket Range

Sinking of USCGC Mesquite (off the tip of the Keewenaw) (navigate to "Grounded on the Keewenaw")

More Mesquite Info

Still More Mesquite Info

Keweenaw Underwater Preserve

Central

Mohawk

Keweenaw Mining Info and the Quincy Mine

Keweenaw Bay

Assinins

Baraga

L'Anse

Baraga Plains ORV Trail

Hancock ORV Route

Bill Nichols ORV

Porcupine Mountains

Copper Country ByWay

Victoria Dam

Caledonia Mine

Quincy Dredge

Delaware Copper Mine Tour

Keweenaw Mountain Lodge

Estivant Pines

[​IMG]

Here are some pictures from the ride.

[​IMG]

Tip of the Keweenaw.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Many waypoints have the URL of a web site giving info about the waypoint included in the waypoint properties.
    [​IMG]

Also, the waypoints are categorized so you can sort while you are looking at the route in MapSource. For example, you can choose to only display gas stations.
    [​IMG]

Or only points of interest. . .
    [​IMG]

Of course, if you use the VV Mapping GPS maps for Michigan, gas stations and ORV trails/routes will already be part of the background map.
    [​IMG]

City Navigator maps will work fine on the big bike route but a good portion of the dirt tracks are on trails or other stuff that doesn't route.
    [​IMG]

Nonetheless, you should be able to follow the track line without difficulty no matter what maps you use. It will be fine even on the basic backgound map.

Added:

Delaware Copper Mine Tour Go into a mine.

Keweenaw Mountain Lodge Nice place to stay 1.5 mi out of Copper.

Estivant Pines 500 acres of virgin pine forest, some 500 years old.

[​IMG]

I changed this file in June 2010 because of access changes. The current file (R1) is now posted for download.
  11. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    File Name: CR 2010 RR Patch
    Route Segments: 1 west @ 190 miles, 1 east @ 302 miles
    Track Segments: None
    Rustic Roads Included: R1, R100, R105, R32, R34, R44, R58, R59, R60, R62, R74, R78, R95, R97 (can earn patch for 10 roads)
    Interactive Map: None

Related thread: CannonTracks - WI Rustic Roads Patch

Some may want to knock off a few roads on their way to the rally so they don't have to try to get ten roads while they are there.

The State of Wisconsin offers motorcyclists a special patch for completing rides on 10 designated rustic roads. If a rider completes rides on 25 different designated rustic roads, he/she receives a special certificate from the state.
    [​IMG]

Basically, what is required is that you take a picture of your bike in front of the Rustic Road sign that has the route designator (i.e. R 10) on it. When you get 10 roads documented, send in the proof and get the patch.
    Information is available at Rustic Roads Award Program for Motorcyclists.

Where are all these Rustic Roads you ask? You can find them on the web site (Wisconsin's Rustic Roads) or in a booklet available at most travel information centers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  12. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    File Name: CR 2010 Stich
    Route Segments: 1 @ 437 miles
    Track Segments: None
    Rustic Roads Included: NA
    Interactive Map: None

For those that might want to make a run to Aerostich, this is a nice route that covers some great Lake Superior Lakeshore on the way. You could easily make this an overnighter if you wanted to take in some of the sights and attractions along the way. http://www.aerostich.com/

[​IMG]
  13. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    Points of Interest File

This file has waypoints and points of interest for the area. Some web sites are listed in this post and some web sites are embedded in the waypoint properties in the file.

Some points of interest are included in a couple of the route files.

I also waypointed some other points of interest or attractions that some may be interested in visiting. These are included with the GPX attached to this post.

These waypoints can be loaded into your GPS apart from any of the routes.

Partial list includes:

"Boat Hoist" (A boat hoist/ramp between lakes near Eagle River.) http://www.vilas.org/brochures/thing...20and%20do.pdf

"Cathedral Point" (130' pine trees on a point on Trout Lake near Boulder Junction.) http://www.vilas.org/brochures/thing...20and%20do.pdf

"Concrete Park" (Concrete curiousities S of Phillips.) http://www.friendsoffredsmith.org/

"Continental Divide" (An obvious spot dividing watersheds between flowing N and S at Devil's Lake NE of Boulder Junction.) http://www.vilas.org/brochures/thing...20and%20do.pdf

"Copper Falls SP" (Near Mellen) http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/Org/land/...c/copperfalls/

"Cran Bog Tours" (Tours of spme powerfully producing cranberry bogs near Manitowish Waters.) http://www.manitowishwaters.org/marsh_tours.htm

"Elk Reintroduction" (Elk habitat near Clam Lake - also the site of a large extremely low frequency antenna that the Navy uses to communicate with submarines.) http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/org/land/wildlife/Elk/ http://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/usa/c3...ke_elf2003.pdf

"Little Bohemia" (Resort of John Dillinger fame - complete with bullet holes - near Manitowish waters.) http://www.littlebohemialodge.com/

"Military Road" (What once was a military road used during the Civil War W of Eagle River.) http://www.vilas.org/brochures/thing...20and%20do.pdf

"Otter Rapids Hydro" (Dam, generating station W of Eagle River.) http://www.vilas.org/brochures/thing...20and%20do.pdf

"Smith Rapids Bridge" (Covered wooden bridge in the National Forest E of Fifield.) http://www.pricecountywi.net/points.html

"Snowmobile Museum" (International Snowmobile Hall of Fame in St Germain) http://www.snowmobilehalloffame.com/

"Three Lakes Winery" (Winery/shop in Three Lakes) http://www.cranberrywine.com/info.html

"Timm's Hill" (Obsvn tower at highest point in WI near Prentice/Ogema.) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timms_Hill

"Wilderness Cruise" (Boat or dinner cruise on the Willow Flowage DW of Hazelhurst - XCL they moved to WI River now.) http://www.wildernesscruises.com/

"Wildlife Hospital" (Take a tour of the Northwoods Wildlife Center - a wildlife hospital in Minocqua.) http://www.northwoodswildlifecenter.com/

[​IMG]

I also added down home cafe info.

Sometimes when people are touring around they try to find some down home cafes to stop for breakfast, lunch, or a cup of coffee and a slice of home made pie.

I compiled a list of mostly notable down home cafes in the vicinity of the rally site.

As always, you can PM me an e-mail address and I'll send you the GPS file.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is a little more info about each place:

Eagle River

Leif Cafe 785 N Railroad (on highway) Always good larger scale family restaurant.

Fay's Dinky Diner 121 S Railroad St 20 seats, great skillets

Four Seasons 107 S Railroad Pasties, pie, home cooking

Donna's Cafe 4356 E Wall St Home cooking

Going South

Three Lakes

Cindy's Country Cafe 1672 Superior St Home made rolls, soup/sandwich

Kristine's Restaurant 1802 Superior St Great soups, chili dogs, chili burgers

Sugar Camp

The Cookery 6694 Hwy 17 N Breakfast, fish, pie

Rhinelander

Sportsman Cafe 230 Thayer St Soups, hot beef

Going West

St Germain

Wolf Pack Cafe 426 Hwy 70 E Chef like cooking at reasonable prices

Woodruff

Woods Cafe 903 First Ave Meat, potato, veggies

Minocqua

Island Cafe 314 Oneida St Softball sized muffins, greek

Winter

Lakewood Cafe 5158 N Main St Small town, old time

Going NW

Delta

Delta Diner 14385 Cty H Metal diner in the middle of nowhere

Hurley

Cardo's Cafe 410 Silver St Breakfast

Mercer

Tom's Country Cafe 5233 Hwy 51 N Scratch soups, giant omelets

Manitowish Waters

Village Soda Grill 129 Hwy W Burgers, malts, pies

Presque Isle

Outpost Cafe 8279 Main St Kind of like a resort

Going North

Land O'Lakes

Leifs 4187 Hwy 8 Great breakfasts

Phelps

Cozy Corner Cafe 2268 Hwy 17 Great breakfasts
  14. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
  15. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
  16. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    Appl to CR 2010

Appleton to Eagle River. 154 miles.

Excellent riding and scenery.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  17. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    PP to CR

509 miles of great scenery and places to stop and see things. Could be an overnighter.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  18. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    Beloit to CR

452 miles of great scenery, rustic roads, and things to see and do. Could be an overnighter.

For those interested in getting a Wisconsin Rustic Roads patch, you can knock of 6 of the 10 required on this route on your way to the rally.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  19. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    File Name: CR 2010 13 (This is route 13 NOT route 7 as in title.)
    Primary Use: Best for big/medium bikes.
    Route Segments: 1 @ 149 miles
    Track Segments: 1 @ 337 points
    Rustic Roads Included: R60, R100 (can earn patch for 10 roads)
    Interactive Map: http://maps.innersource.com/GProject.aspx?pid=7154

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  20. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    These tracks are now available again for download. Many thanks to fellow ADVer deputyjones who offered some server space.

Go to http://dsam-mi.org/GPS_Files/ and you will see a directory of folders that contain the files. You should be able to choose the proper directory without much trouble. The individual files will have names that are the same as or similar to the file names listed when the files were hosted on ADV.

The files are listed as .zip files. If you left click/open the file, you will open it in your computer's temporary internet directory. Depending on how you have your computer set up, clicking on the .gpx will open the file with Mapsource so you can look at it. Remember, it is in your temporary internet files.

To save the file in one of your neatly filed directories, "left click/save" or "right click/save target as" and put it where you want to keep it.

Some of the files have an associated spreadsheet file with points of interest (Black Hills, Pony Express, etc). Same procedures apply.

Happy to have quick and easy access to these files again. :thumb