1. ** Enter to win a $250 gift card! We want to hear from you, please take this survey **

Take this survey which covers a range of questions about improving the community, the things that interest you and anything else you want to share with us. All responses will remain anonymous.

Click here to take the survey
    Dismiss Notice

CannonTracks - Upper Peninsula Adventure Trail

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Central, Texas & Gulf States' started by Cannonshot, Nov 12, 2010.

1. Krons

Krons Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    For folks that might be interested, here are a video for perspective on the logging roads:

I posted a few other videos as well on YouTube, UP is some great riding.
    Orthodoc likes this.
  2. Pedalman55

Pedalman55 n00b

Oddometer:
    How would a large adventure bike do on the 4x4 version of the trail?
  3. Cannonshot

Cannonshot Having a Nice Time Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    I have a specific big bike version for adventure bikes. It avoids some soft sand and the like. The 4WD version may not avoid some things that would be less appropriate for a big bike.
    Tricepilot likes this.
  4. ridemtra

ridemtra single track

Oddometer:
    Anyplace to leave a truck in Crystal Falls Short term storage or bike friendly motel
  5. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    I don't personally know of one but I'm sure you could arrange something with a motel there if you stayed a night.
  6. woolf

woolf n00b

Oddometer:
    Cannon,

A group of us have done the MCCCT about 4 times and wouldn't mind trying something a little different. How does the UPAT compare? We are on newer KTM 2 strokes and travel light.
  7. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    The UPAT is much more interesting. The best thing is to read the ride report to see what is there. Or read one of my CannonTrek reports that traveled much of the same path.
  8. oldmanron

oldmanron Skeptical Otimist

Oddometer:
    Just finished a 4 day cross country ride from Trout Lake to Newberry, then Newberry to Curtis, then Curtis back to Trout Lake. Anybody riding in this area and planning on a fuel stop in Rexton will be disappointed. The general store/gas station there has closed. We were lucky to find a local citizen that sold is a couple gallons, but the nearest fuel is McMillan, and my Wr450 would not have it without the good Samaritan.
    Cannonshot likes this.