CannonTracks - Vilas Co WI/Tamaracks Area DS and ADV

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Central, Texas & Gulf States' started by Cannonshot, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Cannonshot

Cannonshot Having a Nice Time Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Tamaracks Boulder Loop

51 mile loop from the Tamaracks to Boulder Junction and back. Entertaining ride on some dirt and gravel. Gas in Boulder Junction.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. VeryBumpy

VeryBumpy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Are all these truly OHM trails? The DNR and Vilas County websites only shows 14 miles of legal OHM trails.
  3. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    You must not be very familiar with GPS guided rides. This article might give you a better understanding of what is being offered here: Planning / Scouting, Mapping, and Sharing GPS Guided Rides - Adventure Rider (advrider.com)

The Tamaracks is an OHM trail.

The GPS guided rides being offered here are dual sport and adventure motorcycle routes (paths) that use a combination of highways, forest roads, and some trail segments. GPS guided DS/ADV rides are very popular with some of the original tracks that were re-homed here being downloaded well over 10,000 times.

Here is a catalog of some additional GPS guided rides. GPS Files Archives - Cannonshot.net
    Doctor Zed and rizzo27 like this.
  4. VeryBumpy

VeryBumpy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Good lord, is route mapping your full time job or something?!! Well done and thanks for all the incredibly comprehensive and hard work!!
    The links are indeed quite informational and helpful, thanks.
    rizzo27 and Cannonshot like this.
  5. wisbadger

wisbadger Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks so much, this is gold!
    Just getting back into DS and can't wait to ride some of these tracks :)
  6. rizzo27

rizzo27 Next!!! Supporter

Oddometer:
    @Cannonshot - so other than the Tamaracks area proper, is there a legal need for an OHM sticker in Vilas county? I thought some of these routes shared trails with Landover ATV Club but apparently not as I just got off the phone with them and 2 wheels aren't allowed. Maybe I am getting confused with the BW200 ADV route sharing UTV/ATV trails. Thanks. (I rode Tamaracks last week with Tim S. and had a blast. Nice Place.)
  7. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    No shared ATV trail in Vilas County.
  8. rizzo27

Oddometer:
    So for now an ohm sticker is just needed in Vilas county for tamaracks correct? More to the point, do any of your tracks "require" an ohm sticker in Wisconsin or the UP?
  9. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    Yes, some of my tracks require a MI sticker in MI and some require a WI sticker in WI. I have thousands of miles of tracks posted so I can recite from memory all that do. The best thing to do generally is to buy stickers from the states you ride in. They support the programs and eliminate any worries. A sticker is required in Vilas to the Tamaracks but not for the dual sport tracks I have in that county.
    rizzo27 likes this.
  10. rizzo27

Oddometer:
    I have Wisconsin ohm stickers for my bikes. I just didn't want pass along incorrect info. Thank you.
    Cannonshot likes this.