Can't get enough CAT VIDEOS

Discussion in 'Face Plant' started by Tytanium, Jan 31, 2019.

1. baloneyskin daddy

baloneyskin daddy bikaholic

Oddometer:
    There are people out there that just simply shouldn't be driving anymore and I know how hard it will be for me to one day have to give up that large part of my independence when I'm faced with it. My family had just started the discussion about my elderly Mom when a drunk driver sheared a phone pole off and it fell on my Moms car while it was parked in her driveway behind her house. Solved that problem. The drunk had no insurance and Mom had no collision coverage on her car.
    Chaostrophy likes this.
  2. Tytanium

Tytanium Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I had to read that twice. On first reading I thought your Mom was in the car that was in the driveway and my heart broke for you. I'm glad I read that wrong. My family went through the same process which was solved, unfortunately, by Mom falling and breaking her hip. Took her out of a car and into a wheelchair.
    Chaostrophy likes this.
  3. r60man

r60man Long timer

Oddometer:
    I made a similar commute daily. I66 from Manassas to Annandale. Most of the time I would bail at Route 29 and go that way. People popping into the HOV lane was always a danger. I almost hit a State Trooper that hopped into the lane very close in front of me. I had a nice conversation with his superior and he was made aware of his transgression. I remember two times distinctly that I tapped on drivers windows as they were merging into me. Never got impacted however. I feel for you, and hope that it gets better quickly.
  4. barrysuperhawk

barrysuperhawk Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have lost count of how many driver's side windows I have "contacted" and I am mostly a small town rider.
  5. bhmav8r

bhmav8r Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You must be in tremendous shape to accept those impacts and walk out of the ER.
    Dont think I would have.
    You may have injuries that wont manifest for months, document everything and everything.
    Glad you survived. Heal well and sorry 'bout your bike.
  6. ozmoses

ozmoses . Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well, it's been 3+ months since the incident and @Tytanium hasn't posted since...
  7. Motor7

Motor7 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Last login was Monday at 6:49 PM

I'm thinking he took Whodatschrome's advice.....good call.
  8. mwlehman

mwlehman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    usually with texting drivers it is my foot contacting their door

MatttheHatt likes this.