Can't get enough of Kennedy Meadows 10/15-17/2010

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by Klammer, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Off Limits

Off Limits Banned

Oddometer:
    You are the man for riding a dr650 on those trails. I only ride mine to the store.
  2. RichK

RichK Long timer

Oddometer:
    That's funny. I rode one day. :rofl

Rich
  3. Nowwhat

Nowwhat I'll Go Second... Super Supporter

Oddometer:

Yep....he rode that big bitch up rock falls and through the whoops like a beast....great job:clap
  4. dunerat

dunerat WTF?

Oddometer:
    Dang Rich . Get better bud, I live through you FFs:D
  5. garfield

garfield Garfield

Oddometer:
    anyone come home from Troy overflow with an extra i-phone? would really like to get it back.
  6. IWNTRD

IWNTRD Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I found your phone in the road next to my camper sunday morning and asked around but nobody lost one so I gave it to the ktm guys down at the bottom of camp ,the guys with a toy hauler parked facing the road closed sign.Klammer might know their names
  7. pcvance

pcvance Walk Verplank

Oddometer:
    I-phone found, Another rider, Jack found an I phone at camp and left it with Brian, PM your address to me and I'll mail your phone. We knew someone would be looking for it.
  8. Nowwhat

Oddometer:

pm pcvance his Friend Brian was trying to charge it...
  9. IWNTRD

IWNTRD Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My body hurts in so many places including every muscle in my fingers but I cant wait to go back! What a great area to ride and an awsome group to ride with thanks for letting me come along,sorry to hold you up down by beach meadow with the plug change but I guess that is all part of the adventure , thanks again to the guy that came back to look for me(I suck at remembering names),and klammer I hope you heal soon. Jack.
  10. mjcdirt

mjcdirt n00b

Oddometer:
    Watching atpalmer ride that big suzuki up the rock ledges on Beach between Rattlesnake Creek and Bonita was fun....

The video titled Bonita Trail is actually the last part of Mahogany, and at the end of the video when he joins us, that's the start of Rattlesnake Creek trail, that takes you to Beach, and up to Bonita.

I ride a 2 stroke....so I have a lot of respect for the guys that ride BIG bikes on these trails. When NowWhat refers to his 570 Berg as his "small" bike...that's funny!

Also got to witness a couple of nice crashes while chasing guys in the dust:clap

Fun rides, nice meeting you guys
    Mark
  11. RAZR

RAZR u may run the risks my friend but I do the cutting

Oddometer:
    hey atpalmer, i might have asked you this before, but where are you mounting your camera?
    :lurk
  12. pcvance

pcvance Walk Verplank

Oddometer:
    Andre, Nice vid @95mph on the Zook, lets do it head to head Zook 650 vs KTM 640! :turkish </P>
  13. Edelweys

Edelweys DOM undercover

Oddometer:
    Great weekend, best fucking ride ever!!! :clap:clap
    Heal well and fast, Klammer!
    Thanks to you and Purelick for all the support and advice.

Did anyone find a license plate, most likely on Jackass trail?
    (ending in 935)
  14. SUMTROUBLE

SUMTROUBLE Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Had a good time.. met a few of you and didn't really ride with any of you..

Thanks to the guys that helped me with the clip.. Sure glad it wasn't that easy.

I had no idea rock falls was a big deal the first time but the second time i did when I saw it from the floor. Looks like the BRP is up for some suspension work after watching a few guys in the whoops. The cr ate the place up just didn't have the fuel range.

I'm ready for the next one. Did I hear desert?
  15. Edelweys

Edelweys DOM undercover

Oddometer:
    Thanks Andrew, I couldn't have said it better...
    :lol3

Great perspective on the vid,:clap thanks for posting it!
    You're a crazy FF going close to a hundred on dirt: I'm going to have to talk to your mom...
  16. Off Limits

Off Limits Banned

Oddometer:
    no one crashed unless there are pictures. Bouncing off that rock just twisted my wheel in the clamps a little.
  17. Nowwhat

Oddometer:
    That is the rule I believe....:lol3
  18. tuff enuff

tuff enuff Bloke

Oddometer:
    Wow! What a great weekend.:clap
    Just a great and diverse group of riders, exploding Huskies, :kboom
    and all the KM I could handle.

Friday riders assemble.
    [​IMG]

Friday at Bonita Meadow. Just perfect conditions.
    [​IMG]

We had 8 riders going out west from camp. I loved the Boone Meadow and Trout Creek trails. Riding solo back to camp after Klammer had his get off, I came to the end of Mahogany Creek in the pouring rain. The choice was 2 miles to camp over wet embedded rocks and steps or 10 miles of blacktop in the rain. I chose the pavement. Good choice as I soon rode out of the rain.

Saturday I rode sweep on a ride going north along Beach Ridge, Albanita and Little Horse to Osa Meadow. Riding sweep was fun. I got to ride at a slower pace and amused myself by trying to ride the technical rock sections feet up on the pegs.
    I got to see the amazing sight of the exploding Husky. At first it looked like a 20 feet high column of smoke shooting up from the bike. I thought the bike was a total loss and there might be injuries involved. Turns out it was a split hose and nobody was hurt.
    A bad experience for nOOb Vic but fortunately there was a fire road nearby and he was able to return to camp with a bottle or two of water to add on the way.
    IWNTRD's YZ quit on Little Horse Trail so I went ahead to warn the rest of the group. Kudos to Jack for doing a rejet of his carb and a plug change beside the trail. He got going before I got back to him.

Sunday I didn't ride. After riding 6 days in the first 16 days of October my back said enough.
    Sorry not many pics but this trip was all about riding and :beer :freaky
  19. Edelweys

Edelweys DOM undercover

Oddometer:
    Hey Jack, great riding with you. Dennis (tuff enuff) came back to get you.
    Hats off to you for making those trail-side adjustments and repairs!
  20. atpalmer

atpalmer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Those vids were all from the handlebar using a Ram mount to tripod 1/4-20 to GoPro. I also use the Chest mount sometimes, not this weekend.