CANT STAND IT ANYMORE

Discussion in 'Americas' started by Lizzard323, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Lizzard323

Lizzard323 Solo rider. Lover of solitude and corn meal.

Oddometer:
    I am heading out from Florida on May 3rd for a month. Headed west, maybe north. I am trapped at home by overzealous government officials. Things are opening up. No restrictions on state line crossings.

Gonna camp, wild or campgrounds. Anyone got ideas?

Screw this stay at home stuff...

KLR650 and maybe a Yorkie (experienced rider).
  2. Parcero

Parcero Mundial Supporter

Oddometer:
    Chicago physically, Colombia en mi mente.
    Do it!

I have been riding almost daily during the week and getting out on some really nice longer rides on weekends, although not with my Yorkie. There are ton of people out and about who are not living in fear.
    Cal, travlr_45 and AwDang like this.
  3. Snake Oiler

Snake Oiler If the world didn't suck, we would all fall off

Oddometer:
    Pennsylvania, but living in a toy hauler full-time
    I totally agree. Besides people and the media want you to lock yourself up from the light of day. I say go for it
  4. Snake Oiler

Snake Oiler If the world didn't suck, we would all fall off

Oddometer:
    Pennsylvania, but living in a toy hauler full-time
    And if you start a thread you probably get some that would like to join you if you care for that
    Parcero likes this.
  5. Barnaby'sDad

Barnaby'sDad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I’ve been getting out and about on a regular basis. Went for a ride yesterday. I saw several others on two wheels that looked like they were just doing the same thing as me (nice/relaxing local ride).

I just stay away from people and if I’m stopping for groceries...I wear a mask.

You’re not going to hurt anyone by riding around on two wheels. Take the dog and go for a spin.
    Parcero likes this.
  6. BUZZARD II

BUZZARD II Old Geezer

Oddometer:
    If by north you mean Virginia you should bypass it. Camp grounds, picnic tables and all of Skyline Drive are closed.

To the west I understand BLM land is open. Getting there is the problem. Good luck, I hope you have a great time.
  7. Bradsride

Bradsride Adventure Bound

Oddometer:
    Lots of great roads in N GA that are open to ride. I'm going to do the TWAT in mid may with a friend from Chicago.
    Parcero likes this.
  8. DaveNBPT

DaveNBPT 2017 R1200RT

Oddometer:
    Enjoy your ride! I had carved out the fist couple of weeks in June to head west, but still on the fence. Not sure what'll be open- campgrounds, motels, etc. Also, not sure how welcoming some folks will be, given I'm from Massachusetts! :-)
  9. AwDang

AwDang Enabler

Oddometer:
    not the total picture of VA.
    The Nat Forrests are open for dispersed camping. Plenty of small restaurants / inns open. So many more great roads than Skyline and BRP.
    Parcero likes this.
  10. travlr_45

travlr_45 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Post up a ride report. Couple of us here are planning a west coast run in mid June. Virus be damned.
    K9Scout and Parcero like this.
  11. orforester

orforester Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    In Oregon all State campgrounds closed, all Nat Forest and BLM campgrounds closed. Dispersed camping ok.
  12. kantuckid

kantuckid Long timer

Oddometer:
    In "MY" NF the trails are open but not possible to park so figure that out and you can camp. Food wise may be only take out or grocery.
    Who goes to FL in May? Why? Inns open? Small restaurants open?
    9Realms likes this.
  13. rokytnji

rokytnji Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Had a buddy stop by feeling the same way yesterday.

We are going riding later this weekend.

Rural Tx and New Mexico is bit freer on this issue than some.
    Parcero likes this.
  14. texas123

texas123 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    FABFBD2F-4582-4173-B2BE-6F662ADB57BF.jpeg I’ve taken several trips this last 2 months. They were great, no traffic from Houston to Shenandoah national park. It was TWD in Arkansas. I’m leaving again in 12 days. North New Mexico probably, but who knows. Best time to travel in my opinion.
    MYUMPH and Parcero like this.
  15. Metalcarver

Metalcarver Geezer Berserker Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yes! Spread that virus around. Fuck the geezers, they deserve to die. That's why they call it the "booomer remover"
  16. kantuckid

kantuckid Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey geezer, this geezers asking- where's the virus in that picture above? :rofl

The tough part of rural escape style of travel right now, as seen above by texas123 is where to camp, not so much for general covid safety- if you've got any sense? The various types of CG's are such a mixed bag of whats open to pitch a tent that stealth camping seems the only dependable choice and that means swabbing yerself to not stink since much lodgings also closed.

Not to make light of this time but nearly 100% of the covid related deaths are those with multiple chronic illnesses.
    texas123 and Cal like this.
  17. yokesman

yokesman Long timer

Oddometer:
    You need to check the state regs, here in Idaho -north. they were getting out of state locked down visitors. So this week anyone with an out of state plate is expected to self quarantine 14 days, or leave.
  18. texas123

texas123 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well, to spread a virus, first you have to have the virus.
    • My contact with the trees, mountains and fresh air was relatively safe I think.
    • I was on a motorcycle, wearing a helmet (I'm guessing it's more of a barrier than a paper mask?)
    • making contact with fewer than 1 person per day on average (if you can do better, that's awesome)
    • spending money to help out the small business owners throughout Tennessee, Virginia and N.C. (by the way, I didn't qualify for a stimulus check, so this was my earned income, not a government handout)
    But I really do admire people like you who are willing to stay in their homes for several months without leaving, except of course for essential items like groceries, medical...But the first time you leave your home for non-essential items, you'd be just as horrible a person as I am.
    Graybush, MYUMPH, SuddenLee and 3 others like this.
  19. Hueyflyer61

Hueyflyer61 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    IMG_20190809_113647589.jpg
    2up ADV likes this.
  20. Hueyflyer61

Hueyflyer61 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Social Distancing at it's finest!!! IMG_20180809_082233722_HDR.jpg
    MYUMPH, thirsty 1, 2up ADV and 8 others like this.