CANT STAND IT ANYMORE

Discussion in 'Americas' started by Lizzard323, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Hueyflyer61

Hueyflyer61 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    IMG_20180809_082246264_HDR.jpg
    MYUMPH, thirsty 1, 2up ADV and 2 others like this.
  2. AwDang

AwDang Enabler

Oddometer:
    The beauty of a free state

9D0BC28D-732F-4435-B693-B33C389F95CA.jpeg
    Kyouma and Cal like this.
  3. AzDust

AzDust Adventurer

Oddometer:
    IMG_20200502_105251199.jpg
    I've been out almost every weekend.sometimes twice.
    Phoenix101 likes this.
  4. travlr_45

travlr_45 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Are the hotel’s and restaurants starting to open up through the Midwest/west? I’m looking at a cross country ride mid June. Trying to gage what services will be available. Will have my camping gear with me as well. Gotta be prepared!
  5. AzDust

AzDust Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The news announced here in Arizona no fires no charcoal no stoves.
    You would have to bing premade food or stop and eat on your way.I
  6. texas123

texas123 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anybody know about Colorado, Utah and Idaho being closed for business still? Or have the small business reopened? I'm actually taking a road trip Thursday (somewhere around that area) for a week & didn't know which places to avoid. I don't acknowledge fake pandemics.
    Parcero likes this.
  7. texas123

Oddometer:
    Never mind, they were open for business as usual. Only a few rude people in Utah, including a sheriff. They were bothered by the fact that I was traveling during the "epidemic". Not sure why they were so sensitive since they approached me and started talking. Anyway, kind of a lonely trip through Colorado, Utah & Arizona. Highway 12 through Utah was cool, million dollar highway in Colorado is overrated, Rio Grand Ntl forest is perfection, and I'm really trying to like Arizona. It's just not my thing I guess. It's soooo isolated and hot when I go. It reminds me of the movie The Hills Have Eyes from the 70's. IMG_2058.JPG IMG_1994.JPG IMG_2005.JPG IMG_2043.JPG
    MYUMPH and thirsty 1 like this.
  8. Iball

Iball Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    MO and TN are fairly open, at least where state parks and campgrounds are concerned.
    KS is still closed. I had to ride a mile down the road across the KS/MO state line just to get a haircut because Governor Karen still has KS on lockdown.
    Avoid KS. Don't reward the Governor's bad behavior. Most inmates in KS have pretty much been ignoring her edicts, masking up only when around other people and completely ignoring "stay at home" orders.
  9. Shawnee Bill

Shawnee Bill Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Are you camping every night? If so what type of places do you camp?
    I am riding day trips a lot but really wanting to take a longer trips.

What type of places did you stay in Arkansas?

And where is your ride report???
  10. texas123

Oddometer:
    This trip I stayed in a hotels every night, but I usually camp every other night. I think cheap hotels are better for longer trips though. Too many variables with camping.
    Go ahead and take longer trips; this is my 3rd one since the stupidity started in March. I finished a trip from Houston through The Blue Ridge parkway and then Shenandoah Ntl forest last month. 3,500 miles without issues or any traffic. The month before that, I went to NW Arkansas. Best riding in the country that I've seen.
    I stayed in cheap hotels in Arkansas. I don't really make plans too much; I just head out and around 3pm, I'll use hotels.com to find a hotel near where I am. It takes about 5 minutes to find one on line. Rinse, repeat for several days.
    Sorry, no ride reports. I usually just attach some pictures and notes on another thread. If you check my profile, you can probably see some of my rides.
    I just saw how to make this picture dance
    IMG_2054-ANIMATION.gif
    MYUMPH and Shawnee Bill like this.