Caponord rally impression

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by Leebo, Jun 21, 2016.

  1. Leebo

    Leebo Been here awhile

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2006
    Oddometer:
    859
    Location:
    New Hampshire
    Pilots are road only.. no way i would take them in the the dirt... haha.. i would love to go to Tasmaina...
    #41
    flylink likes this.
  2. flylink

    flylink Been here awhile

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2014
    Oddometer:
    171
    Location:
    Central Valley, California
    Leebo, Which Pilots did you put on? Road 3, Road 4 or Road 4 GT?
    #42
  3. flylink

    flylink Been here awhile

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2014
    Oddometer:
    171
    Location:
    Central Valley, California
    I will put my 2 cents in for the Rally, AWESOME! Love this bike! 6500 miles plus so far, only getting better!
    Did a 2 week, 3000 mile, 4 National Park, 8 state run (**) mid September, bike performed flawlessly throughout. I was VERY loaded down, camp gear & fly fish gear, I am pretty sure I exceeded the max weight of my luggage! :lol3
    Gripes and kudos are pretty much the same as have been stated.
    Cruise control is awkward, but on the back roads in Nevada (between Ely & Tonapah) is was nice to have.
    I did burn about a quart of oil during the trip, if that is the price I have to pay to keep my quirky Italian gal happy, will gladly pay it!
    ** Glacier, Yellowstone, Grand Teton & Yosemite Nat. Parks, California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Utah and Nevada. For those who would ask!
    20160912_134756.jpg 20160915_132538.jpg 20160919_132804.jpg 20160919_142730.jpg
    #43
  4. Paul124ac

    Paul124ac Long timer

    Joined:
    Apr 28, 2015
    Oddometer:
    2,844
    Location:
    NE Vic
    You've got the taller screen Flylink? Works?
    #44
    flylink likes this.
  5. flylink

    flylink Been here awhile

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2014
    Oddometer:
    171
    Location:
    Central Valley, California
    Yes, California Scientific (calsci.com). I am tall (6'3") with the stock screen wind hit me about mouth height & really hammered my GF. I got the Tall screen, everything is great on the wind front. Looks wise, 'tis a bit fugly :(. Super easy to change out though, I put the stock one on for bombing around local. 20160919_132522.jpg
    #45
  6. Paul124ac

    Paul124ac Long timer

    Joined:
    Apr 28, 2015
    Oddometer:
    2,844
    Location:
    NE Vic
    Nice, was thinking of a screen extension, I'm 6ft and the turbulence hits me about top of visor. I've got the same top box and rack, shit you can fit some stuff in there! I had it put on as part of the deal but they never drilled and refitted the little chrome plastic doohickey trim part, I've since rectified that. If you love fly fishing you've got to get down to Tasmania, excellent wild trout streams and brilliant scenery.
    #46
    flylink likes this.
  7. Sock Monkey

    Sock Monkey 99% bullshitter...the other 1% is just lies

    Joined:
    Jul 2, 2007
    Oddometer:
    3,135
    Location:
    SF Bay Area, CA, USA, Earth
    Great stuff! As a fellow fly fisher I appreciate the pics!!! :)
    #47
    flylink likes this.
  8. flylink

    flylink Been here awhile

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2014
    Oddometer:
    171
    Location:
    Central Valley, California
    Love the top box! Fits both helmets (minus the Bluetooth), or N-amount of shtuff!
    Yeah, Tasmania is definitely on the bucket list! I hear of some BIG browns!
    #48
  9. flylink

    flylink Been here awhile

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2014
    Oddometer:
    171
    Location:
    Central Valley, California
    Sock,
    if you ever get east of the Bay (108, 120, 140, 4 or 88), and want to hook up for some fly fishing, let me know!
    #49
  10. Leebo

    Leebo Been here awhile

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2006
    Oddometer:
    859
    Location:
    New Hampshire
    Road 4 gt
    #50
    flylink likes this.
  11. Leebo

    Leebo Been here awhile

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2006
    Oddometer:
    859
    Location:
    New Hampshire
    Sounds like a great trip you took there....
    #51
    flylink likes this.
  12. flylink

    flylink Been here awhile

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2014
    Oddometer:
    171
    Location:
    Central Valley, California
    Still happy with them?
    Need to make a decision soon, and though they are touted for a bit heavier machine, I do tend to travel loaded up. Seem like one of the better tyres out there. Looking at the Pirelli Angels also
    #52
  13. Leebo

    Leebo Been here awhile

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2006
    Oddometer:
    859
    Location:
    New Hampshire
    Yea i like them.. no complains at all
    #53
    flylink likes this.