Carbon/Kevlar rear luggage boxes.....It has begun....

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by ebrabaek, Jan 8, 2011.

1. tofire409

tofire409 Geared up and ready.

Oddometer:
    Thanks for that!

After your do a bit of grinding, do apply more epoxy or do you just rinse the dust out with water and leave it?
  2. ebrabaek

ebrabaek Long timer

Oddometer:
    Any time I grind....sand...etc.... I have a shop vacuum right next to it....to capture the dust..... Makes for a cleaner work area.....and ummmm....lungs.....:thumb:thumb

Erling
  3. tofire409

Oddometer:
    I'm using a NIOSH epoxy rated cartridge filter when epoxying, and either a N95 or a regular cartridge filter mask when sanding. I also tend to sand outside. I'm very aware of keeping my lungs safe, being a firefighter and all :nod

So vacuum it and you're done... good to know.

I'm in the home stretch of finishing 2 top boxes, just have to sand the inside, install the back catch and latch on one. The other needs more work, but it's coming along.

Thanks again.
  4. ebrabaek

ebrabaek Long timer

Oddometer:
    Absolutely...... Where`s the pic`s.....:D.....Or perhaps a thread....:freaky

:thumb:thumb

Erling
  5. tofire409

Oddometer:
  6. ebrabaek

ebrabaek Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ahhh...yes... sorry...but for some reason....if fell of my subscribed list.... Back on... thanks....:thumb:thumb

Erling
  7. tofire409

Oddometer:
    Hi Erling,

I am about to get the 4 M8 x 5.5 cm bolts to install the top rack that I made and I have a question regarding the bolt head and what would be better.

I was thinking that a counter sunk flat head may break through over time and that I should be looking at a shouldered bolt maybe with a washer to distribute any loading.

Do I have the right length for the bolts and any suggestions would be welcome!

Yes, I finally drank from the blue and white koolaid fountain :clap
  8. ebrabaek

ebrabaek Long timer

Oddometer:
    I`m with you on the flat head..... I used an allen head.... But anything flat is better that conical..... Which distributes the force a bit outward as well.... imho. Length wise... I don`t recall what length I used..... But as long as it it fully engages...... you will be ok..... I`m in Ohio.....plopping south to the gulf....on vacation.... so it will be a few weeks before I get home to measure.......:thumb:thumb

Erling
  9. tofire409

Oddometer:
    Thank you for responding to me while on vacation :freaky

Have a great time!

Blair
  10. ebrabaek

ebrabaek Long timer

Oddometer:
    Absolutely Blair....... I will look in once a day....time permitting......:thumb:thumb

Erling
  11. ebrabaek

ebrabaek Long timer

Oddometer:
    Absolutely Blair....... I will look in once a day....time permitting......:thumb:thumb

Erling
  12. señormoto

señormoto Supermoto Abuser

Oddometer:
    Whoa! This is big enough that you could get a job delivering pizza! :puke1
  13. ebrabaek

ebrabaek Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ha-ha...... They look big in this picture.......:D and with that goes a minni keg..... On their first outing.....one side held a minni Heiniken....... Was a hit.....:thumb:thumb

Erling
  14. ebrabaek

ebrabaek Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mods....... Housecleaning pleeeeeeeezzzzz..... Looks like last night was a sticker..... would you kindly nuke a few`o these above doublos pleeeezzzz........ Thanks:thumb:thumb

Erling
  15. ebrabaek

ebrabaek Long timer

Oddometer:
    Boxes held up to the bikes first nap this past weekend.... Not a lot of stress.... but the first one over....is always.....ummmm... fun...ehhh...
    [​IMG]<a href="%3Ciframe%20width=" 560"="" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kzvgvmDL3O8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="">"><a href="%3Ciframe%20width=" 560"="" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kzvgvmDL3O8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""><iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kzvgvmDL3O8" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Erling
  16. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    :rofl When you came to a stop .. I couldn't tell you were on such a slope and when you started going backwards it was like "WTF?" :rofl
  17. Motorfiets

Motorfiets Long timer

Oddometer:
    is that a gun case?!? :lol3
  18. señormoto

señormoto Supermoto Abuser

Oddometer:
    Yeah that was a disaster, why so many of the same posts? I only hit submit once. :huh

I've deleted all but one.
  19. ebrabaek

ebrabaek Long timer

Oddometer:
    I thought I made some dough whistle out when I began sliding backwards......:lol3

Erling
  20. ebrabaek

ebrabaek Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeppers.... As the title proclaims..... Hog hunt. We were scouting a canyon north of Timberon,NM where the hogs are thriving.... NM has declared war on them as they don't want a repeat of what happened in Texas.... So they simply declared them livestock..... Shoot at day....night.... illuminate them.... No hunting license required. Several ranchers are letting people harvest them on their land..... So we were trying to get into the canyon from the south... But as the vid indicates.... Fails. There are several more vid's from that trip on my you tube channel.:thumb:thumb

Erling