Cardo knowledgables....Smart-H on other helmets?

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Roadhawg011, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Roadhawg011

Roadhawg011 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Cardo guys.

I know the Smart-H stuff is meant for use on certain HJC helmets right. Is it possible to MAKE it work with others?

On a local online store the Packtalk Smart H is the equivalent of $125. The normal Packtalk Slim or Bold is more like $350. I'm thinking it might be worth it getting the Smart-H and "making a plan" on my Arai.

Also, do any of the Cardos allow you to use your own earphones instead of the supplied speakers?

The whole Mesh thing seems much better than Sena. I have an SMH5 and it never seems to work with anyone else.
  2. Nytebreed

Nytebreed Need more braaap

Oddometer:
    The smart H should fit any helmet that the PackTalk Slim does. The hardware housings are the same. The Slim even has the same HJC logo on the battery module.
  3. Roadhawg011

Oddometer:
    “Should”
    Is it worth the risk haha?
  4. melv

melv n00b

Oddometer:
    I use one on an arai rebel and other on a nexx xwed2 and they both fit fine.
    Roadhawg011 likes this.
  5. Roadhawg011

Oddometer:
    Thanks. I've ordered the SmartH and will see if I can get it to work on my XD4.

(Next helmet will either be Shoei X2 or the Xwed2 so yeh....glad to hear it works!
  6. webnetxpress

webnetxpress Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The packtalk units can be used with your own earbuds or speakers. It is just a standard 3.5mm stereo audio jack on the packtalk wire harness. I do that myself (use custom molded ear monitors)
  7. melv

melv n00b

Oddometer:
    Use this: https://www.cardosystems.com/packtalkslim-compatible/ as a guide to choose the mounting accesories.
  8. Roadhawg011

Oddometer:

Thanks. Thinking about one day getting some proper noise cancelling earphones and seeing if they can do the job of earplugs as well.