Cardo Packtalk Bold with JBL speakers

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Drif10, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Reidy008

Reidy008 I,m in if we go fast

Oddometer:
    Packtalk is really good and better then the Sena in my opinion. Simple to use and very clear. We ride with huge groups.
  2. MelissaToBeMe

MelissaToBeMe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This is a hands-down YES. The Cardo Packtalk is in an entirely different league than the 20s. The Sena 20s/evo is notorious for this “more than 2 riders involved” popcorn-sound nonsense. Completely unacceptable for the price. IMO, the 20s is the most overrated headset out there; VERY popular, but everyone’s still trying (6 years later) to figure out how to make it actually work as advertised. The “EVO” model is the exact same product...and the “mesh 30K” is a disaster.

I seriously don’t understand how so many people just “put up with it” in a world where Packtalk exists.

Whoever does Sena’s marketing deserves a MAJOR pat on the back for a job well done, because the actual product is junk.
    Cuchulainn, Oeths and 23103a like this.
  3. LocuL

LocuL Gnarly Infantry

Oddometer:
    Anyone mounted the slim model on a Scorpion ADX-1
  4. ssevy

ssevy retired and riding the backroads

Oddometer:
    I currently use an Interphone Turd, and have to use earbuds, as their speakers, my helmet, and my foam earplugs don’t play well together. It also doesn’t allow the use of intercom and directions from my phone, so maybe it’s time to upgrade.
    This looks like the best option available now.
  5. Antikid

Antikid Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Mine is now working!!
    Cardo tech support is complete and utter garbage. Last message was about intercom and music not working on mine, but it works
    fine on my son's. His phone is a old Galaxy S7. I told them the parallel audio setting was enabled and how I reset everything and this and that.
    they told me to enable parallel audio...:asshat
    I will say the problem was with my phone and not the freecom, which isn't cardo's problem, but damn, they could have at least tried to help.

I enabled developer mode on my phone (Galaxy S9) and was going to start logging things to try to figure it out.
    Once I reconnected, everything works now. I turned developer mode back off, and it still works.
  6. michael205

michael205 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Can someone share their JBL Audio Profile key so we all can have those options on non jbl speakers ? :)
  7. Antikid

Antikid Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Update. Mine still doesn't work. It did that night, but when I connected a day or so later, same thing.
    I'm going to see what revzilla says about returning it and going with the bold. Maybe I'll have better luck.
    We keep getting static as well.

When it works, it is great...
  8. gotfz1

gotfz1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Re the JBL speakers... the packtalk and smart- products get a firmware upgrade for sound processing and an eq profile. Freecoms can also use the firmware if owners want to upgrade to these speakers. Other products, Cardo and non-Cardo, that have 3.5mm won't get any of that but they are the largest units Cardo offers now.

I'm waiting for reviews and may upgrade my Freecom 2's speakers to these but still only listed on Cardo's site. If you buy direct from Cardo note that there's a promo code that is still valid as of today for 20% off: Yammie
  9. michael205

michael205 Adventurer

Oddometer:

Yes but JBL profiles what ever it is (equalizer?) will work with any device(probably) that use cardo community app. It's just a software tune so ... anyone willing to give it a go ?:D
  10. gotfz1

gotfz1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Maybe, but there's this from Cardo's site:

11. michael205

michael205 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Do you understand what software is ?
    I don't realy need this "JBL profile". I can download any 3rd party software and i will have the same result.
    Don't take everything they say as a decree
  12. MelissaToBeMe

MelissaToBeMe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Seriously though- I wonder if that would work!!!?? Please do share! :getiton
  13. michael205

michael205 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    it will 100% But you will need newer devices that support jbl profile. You can get the same effect when it comes to music from your phone using equalizer. But to be honest i think there is no need to use it, when you use equalizer (jbl profile probably also apply) , you'll lose a loudness for better experience :) . So it's a give and take thing.
    I'm only interested how will it work compared to "standard" way of fine tuning with other software. So please share some keys with us :)
  14. SRTie4k

SRTie4k Northeast Explorer

Oddometer:
    Anyone else have comparisons between the 40mm speakers and 45mm speakers with "firmware upgrade"?

I'm still very hesitant about purchasing a $90 pair of speakers, even with the rebate.
  15. Inniswhe

Inniswhe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have found that using the Bose noise cancelling earbuds was the best solution for my ears. It cuts down on road noise considerably and permits me to keep the levels from getting to high
  16. biker128pedal

biker128pedal Super Lurker

Oddometer:
    Promo Code Yammie still works today.
  17. bozmotodual16

bozmotodual16 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm new to the comms world and have been scouring the threads to decide between Cardo and Sena. Seems like Cardo is a better product, but the reviews on revzilla are pretty bad. The build quality seems to be crap. Any thoughts from the users here? I'm considering the Slim. One feature I like is connecting with other brands, but that seems to be marginal at best from comments here...TIA
  18. Reidy008

Reidy008 I,m in if we go fast

Oddometer:
    Long time user and Cardo is a great product. Most problems are user error and not knowing how to pair and get things right. The new DMC mode has fixed alot of user error.
  19. bozmotodual16

bozmotodual16 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've mainly heard good things about Cardo, but was surprised by the number of reviews complaining about build quality. Have you paired with other brands via bluetooth? Does that work well?
  20. michael205

michael205 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I had few systems but cardo packtalk is just great. A lot of people have problem with controls but with phone app you don't need to know anything . Once you pair with phone , you can forget about most of the controls.
    Google assistant works great and so do cardo voice controls.
    Connecting to other non-cardo units is easy but to get it to work in dmc you will have to read manual once :p .
    When i connected Interphone Tour to my cardo unit Tour was way louder then all the other connected unit. Like 2x louder. That's a bit of a problem. I didn't test it with new update so maybe it is fixed now ?
    Most of my colleague have packtalk bold and it really works great with DMC.
    I love to listen to music while riding and not many communication devices available right now have this option that allows intercom + music in background.

At this moment Packtalk Bold/Slim are in my opinion the best available. If i could i would probably buy Slim right now.
    bozmotodual16 likes this.