Cardo Packtalk Bold

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by ubermick, May 8, 2018.

1. draco_1967

draco_1967 Spoon!

Oddometer:

Where did you mount it on the helmet? I couldn't find a good spot for the clamp mount, nor a flat spot for the stick-on. I ended up taking the plastic cover plate where the X-comm is supposed to go, and filed the ridges down. Then I used the Cardo stick-on mount to that. It has been working great for the last year.
    [​IMG]
  2. The Cone of Silence

The Cone of Silence Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That's a nice solution mate.

I removed the internal Nexx bracket that the external Nexx 'placeholder' plate screws into so I would have room to slide the clip between the inner and outer skins; the bracket was just a bit too bulky on the inside and wouldn't let the clip pass.

The external plate seems to be well clamped in place now by my Cardo bracket but I'm not 100% as it isn't screwed in anymore and might end up sealing it with some silicone sealant. I'll see how I go. Ideally I'd still like it to be farther forwards so I might end up stealing your solution.
  3. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:
    My Shoei GT-Air 2 had a similar mount area on the side. I just avoided it altogether and stuck my Bold to the helmet in front of it. It's actually easier to reach being a little further forward.
  4. Lost-Again

Lost-Again Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    For those with a Arai XD4 how did you mount the speakers?
  5. Lost-Again

Oddometer:
    Well…. I’m silly. I didn’t realize the speaker velcro sticks to the earpiece material:-)
    Zubb likes this.
  6. cblais19

cblais19 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I mounted mine in the little pockets under the cheek pad cover. I need to play with it more though, unlike all other Arai helmets the XD4 pads put the speakers back from your ears.
  7. jb882

jb882 13HP of fury.

Oddometer:
    i did the same when i had mine, the only drawback is there move around sometimes when you put the helmet on. I have had mine move enough that i have had to take their helmet back off and reposition their speaker so i could hear it. This was one of my biggest gripes with the XD4 when i wore one.
  8. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:
    My PTB came with extra pads, can't you stick those behind the speakers to bring them closer to your ears?
  9. Air Force Vet

Air Force Vet Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That's what I thought the extra pads were for.
  10. Lost-Again

Oddometer:
    They seem like a perfect fit. D6FC5F11-D37A-4C24-AC2C-3096C2BDA52E.jpeg
    Motomamatx likes this.
  11. cblais19

cblais19 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I used the Velcro pads to give them a surface to stick to behind the cheek pads covers. However, those pockets put the Speakers around the top of my ear and slightly back. The issue is the actual position, not the depth.
    bigjohnsd likes this.
  12. fmhrider

fmhrider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I was looking for solutions to Siri via Packtalk and saw a suggestion to turn off button for the listen for "Hey Siri" and then reenable it. Also, in the Siri responses (in Siri and Search), I enabled choice to Always show Siri Captions and also Always show Speech
    This helped show what was being received by the IOS system via Cardo mike.
    This has solved the open Siri bubble for me.
    Melensdad and SoilSampleDave like this.
  13. fmhrider

fmhrider Adventurer

Oddometer:

resource here https://www.fonegeek.com/iphone-issues/siri-not-talking-fix.html
  14. fmhrider

fmhrider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    also, for some of you who have British or similar accents (maybe Aussie, New Zealand, etc.) there is a language choice in Cardo settings for English (United Kingdom) which may help
  15. Langerik

Langerik Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Got the same helmet and a freecom4+. A friend printed this model with a 3d printer. Not the most flat option but easy to use and non-destructive. A great benefit I see is that the wires for the speakers go through a hole instead of under the helmet so it does not wear out by placing the helmet on a surface

Attached Files:

16. The Cone of Silence

The Cone of Silence Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Game changer. I was having trouble being understood and was having to put on an American accent which varied between the deep south and the Bronx on any given command. I'm English but have spent the last 20 years in Australia so I have a hybrid accent that voice recognition systems struggle to understand.

Nice work, fmhrider, thanks mate.
    fmhrider likes this.
  17. Zubb

Zubb he went that-a-way... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Finally got fed up after riding 3,000 miles and not able to hear half of the podcasts and audible books. the PTB with JBL 40mm speakers couldn’t keep up with me at 70-90mph. With or without foam earplugs.

Ordered the 45mm speakers today.
  18. boulet_boulet

boulet_boulet Long timer

Oddometer:
    I see how to add riders to a group in DMC mode using the app, but I don’t see any way to remove a rider other than to create a new group. Anyone know how to remove a rider without creating a new group?

TIA
  19. Zubb

Zubb he went that-a-way... Supporter

Oddometer:
    They are definitely an improvement over the 40mm JBL. Volume is a little higher, clarity is a little better, together it makes the sound at 70-90 mph ‘better’. Worth the money? For me, yes but I doubt I could convince some others. $80 is steep for the small gains. before, I could hear 50% of the podcast at 85mph. Now I hear 80% of the podcast.
    Klim Krios Pro helmet.
  20. cblais19

cblais19 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Podcasts are a much trickier proposition with wind noise too!
    Zubb likes this.