Cardo Packtalk Bold

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by ubermick, May 8, 2018.

1. Nomadic_adv

Nomadic_adv Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have those same issue as well. Forgot to mention I've been using Amazon Music for a couple of months since I had a free trial, was using Apple Music and even tried that but yeah, music will be playing on the phone app with no sound on phone or PTB.

The whole PTB experience has become very schizophrenic.
    DaveCR likes this.
  2. cblais19

cblais19 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I haven’t used either of my PTBs since ios15 released, but neither myself nor my partner had been having those issues in a few iterations of PTB firmware + iOS. Once in a while I’d have to manually up the volume on my phone, but it stuck after that. The connection/disconnect thing hasn’t been an issue for me since like, 3 firmwares. I’ve had far more consistent BT connections by popping the antenna on the PTB up.

Haven’t used any music player but Music & control it all from my phone so can’t really help there.
    DaveCR likes this.
  3. Candubrain

Candubrain Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Iphone 13 Pro, IOS 15, Cardo Packtalk Bold latest firmware.

I'm experiencing the Cardo shutting down when I adjust the volume manually. Cardo Battery is fully charged. This has happened 3 times now, specifically when I roll the volume wheel to lower the volume. I have to power the unit back up each time.

No issue with Spotify, if I remember right there is a trick when you first tell Siri to play music you have to select Spotify rather than Apple Music from the window that pops up. This only happens once, so what ever you defaulted to the first time will always be your default music player

brian
    DaveCR likes this.
  4. stk0308

stk0308 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Something experienced this weekend by one of my riding buddies, and myself. PTB started warning "low battery". But, when you ask it battery status, it's 25%. Then it hung in there at 25% for an hour or so more. We didn't see how long it took to actually go below 25% because we were at the end of a 2 day ride and got to our respective homes. Just, 25% seems awfully early to say "low battery". lol
    DaveCR likes this.
  5. Zubb

Zubb he went that-a-way... Supporter

Oddometer:
    That's normal with mine. I like that though as it gives me time to plan my next stop with the option to hook up my little juice pack to it if I want to continue the com or music.
    bigjohnsd and stk0308 like this.
  6. WJBertrand

WJBertrand Ventura Highway

Oddometer:
    Mine has done that since at least two firmware upgrades ago. I've never heard her say less than 25%, even right before the battery dies. But yeah, I've gone an hour or more after the first warning, even listening to music and riding with a chatty group. I've bought a little SAE to USB converter and just plug the Cardo in for an hour or so at lunch stops. That seems to stave off the warnings throughout the rest of a long day of travel.
  7. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:
    Anyone else have trouble telling if the unit turns off or not when you attempt to do so?
    I pressed the two buttons to power it down today, and it never said goodbye, and my bike dash indicated it was still connected.
    I tried holding them for 1 second as the manual states, several times and for 5 seconds when that didn't work. I think I may have powered it down and then back on by accident doing this. When your helmet is on your head you can't see the lights on the unit to tell what it's doing. Anyway it finally said "Phone 1 disconnected" when my bike shut down. Then I took off my helmet and saw the unit was indeed already powered down... So it still talked to me while it was turned off? It worked fine all day but this stuff seems to happen occasionally and I just shake my head!
    [sorry, this isn't a very scientific recounting. Just example of another confusing event]
  8. cblais19

cblais19 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mine says “goodbye!” To me quite loudly when I turn it off.
    stk0308 likes this.
  9. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:
    We usually mine does too. It didn't after 4 attempts today, not really sure why. Almost seemed like there was a delay after my button pushes.

*** EDIT ***
    This happened to me AGAIN weeks later. I was returning home from a ride and about a mile from my house, I pushed the two buttons (bottom & front) for 1 sec to turn off, and it made the "descending/off beeps" but no "Goodbye, and my Nav kept talking to me. I repeated it several times, nothing. Got home, shut the bike off, and did it again, and it worked fine. It's like it's hanging on if it still detects the connection. Very odd. Also I don't recall this happening until I updated the firmware a month ago.
  10. SRTie4k

SRTie4k Northeast Explorer

Oddometer:
    Been waiting almost 2 weeks for Cardo to send out a replacement Packtalk now. They are saying they don't have stock at the moment and are waiting for replenishment.

Now is not a good time to break your Packtalk FWIW!
    DaveCR likes this.
  11. DaveCR

DaveCR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I used the PTB today for almost 12 hours, DMC and music - Love it! (Haven't seen the 'mobile 1 connected/disconnected since the fw update)

Question about charging.. the manual says it takes 4 hours for fully charge - but when I plug it to the USB it's not even an hour and the red light was off - (today for example it got to 25% and I rode more than an hour listening to music and chatting on DMC until I got home it was still 25) - plugged it to USB cable and in less than an hour it was fully charged - but if I wait a couple of hours and plug it again, it will take 15-20 min for the light to go off -

Do you see the same?
  12. handensco

handensco Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    During the winter I don't ride as much. Most of my rides are pretty last minute. Do you leave the units plugged in for long amounts of time?
  13. boulet_boulet

boulet_boulet Long timer

Oddometer:
    That's how mine behaved when the USB connection became loose and unreliable. Cardo replaced it under warranty. When you plug in the USB, does the charge light go on and off?
    DaveCR likes this.
  14. DaveCR

DaveCR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    When I plug it in the USB the red light comes up and stays on for a while but let’s say less than hour (when I know the unit was at 25%). I read the full charging process should take 4 hours so I wonder why it only takes one hour. And I doubt it’s really fully charging the unit during that hour because if the light is off and I plug it to the USB again the red light will go on and stay like that for a while.

I would think if the unit was fully charge the red light shouldn’t stay on for more then a minute?
  15. boulet_boulet

boulet_boulet Long timer

Oddometer:
    Have you checked the charge status after the light goes off? You can do so via the app or by voice command.

Also, you might do a battery test. Cardo asked me to fully charge the unit. Then turn it on with the radio running on low volume, try to determine when the unit goes off from low power. Cardo claims 13.5 hours of run time but the rep told me 8-13 is acceptable. If your unit is getting less than 8.5 hours from full charge and it is fairly new, you may have a warranty issue.
    PTJCAL and DaveCR like this.
  16. DaveCR

DaveCR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I will try this out! Thanks !
  17. judgedelta

judgedelta Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sorry if this has been covered before, but does anyone know how to use the audio on Google maps without having the music on at the same time? When I'm navigating through heavy traffic, I find the music to be distracting and would like to turn it off and just listen to the map directions...
  18. Grinnin

Grinnin Forever N00b Supporter

Oddometer:
    You can say "Hey Cardo, music off" or "Hey Cardo, radio off" depending on where your music is coming from.

Or did I misunderstand something.
  19. Air Force Vet

Air Force Vet Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Or you can say "hey Cardo, mute audio" and it will turn the volume down to 1. Not off completely, but very low. "Unmute audio" to return to normal volume.
  20. MiteyF

MiteyF Long timer

Oddometer:
    To pause my music, I just press the volume button once