Cardo Packtalk Bold

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by ubermick, May 8, 2018.

1. mackdaddy

mackdaddy Finding my way Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey gang, thanks for all the tips. A slight move in location and speaking normally into the mic and all is good . I am coming off a Sena 20S; what a difference in features and sound quality .
  2. onlybetx

onlybetx Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've read through a dozen pages and haven't seen my issue yet, but I'm sure other people are having it. When in a conversation, coming out of silence, the first word or two is cutoff for the other person. If I say something like "what time is it" the other person might hear "is it". This happens on phone calls as well. The noise cancellation isn't turning off quick enough to catch what I'm saying and relay it to the other party. Has anyone found a solution for this?
  3. bigjohnsd

bigjohnsd '14 BMW R1200 GS Adv Supporter

Oddometer:
    Have mic sensitivity at lowest setting, Speak in a normal tone, say the persons name before you deliver your message.
    Ectobass likes this.
  4. onlybetx

onlybetx Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If they say something, then I respond, I shouldn’t have to say their name every time I respond in a conversation.
  5. bigjohnsd

Oddometer:
    You need to give the system a little time after they stop talking
  6. kinkster

kinkster Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi All
    ,I have a question about how to connect various equipment, please redirect me if this is the wrong place.
    I have a GSA 1250, a Cardo Packtalk Bold a Garmin Nav V1, and an Iphone. I would like to know, what to connect with what and in what order? I have the Cardo and BMW app on my phone, thanks in advance for your help. I mainly want to listen to music(lots on my phone) get GPS directions to my helmet, speak to my pillion. get the odd phone call......
  7. TBTSyncro

TBTSyncro Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Connect the phone on bluetooth channel 1, and add the the GPS (as a GPS) on bluetooth channel 2.
    kinkster likes this.
  8. kinkster

Oddometer:
    Thanks for that,
    I put the same question on The Cardo website today after posting here and a guy from Cardo called me within half an hour and basically said the same as you! He wasn't aware of the BMW apps and couldn't comment on that but it sounds as though Im sorted for what I need the Cardo to do..... So great service as far as Im concerned.
  9. virkdoc

virkdoc Adventurer

Oddometer:
    kinkster I have the same set up but I paired the phone to the Nav VI and the Cardo to the Nav VI also.
    This way the nav 6 shows me whos calling, can play music from the nav 6 and also use the garmin smartlink app which gives traffic updates etc.....
    kinkster, dmulk and Francisco Castro like this.
  10. Francisco Castro

Francisco Castro Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The same as i use but with the Garmin Zumo 595.

The only problem i'm facing is bad audio quality when listening to the music i have on my gps.
  11. dmulk

dmulk Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Make sure parallel audio streaming is turned off.
  12. Francisco Castro

Francisco Castro Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    In a couple of hours i'll see.
    dmulk likes this.
  13. kinkster

Oddometer:
    Hi dmulk where do you turn off parallel audio streaming?(on which device) thanks Robbi
    dmulk likes this.
  14. bigjohnsd

Oddometer:
    Not DMulk, but you turn it off in the phone app
    kinkster and dmulk like this.
  15. dmulk

dmulk Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Agreed. You can do it in the phone app as bigjohn suggests or you can connect it to your computer and bring up the cardo communities page as if you were going to update the firmware and flip it in the settings there.
    kinkster and bigjohnsd like this.
  16. kinkster

Oddometer:
    thanks dmulk and bigjohnsd I did it in the cardo communities page as the phone isn't paired to headset its paired to the Nav v1
    dmulk likes this.
  17. csw0623

csw0623 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Good morning! Anyone having issues with Pandora pausing constantly while streaming music on a ride? It worked just fine until last week and now it will not play continuously. It happens with Sirius radio as well but not as often. I have Googled the issue and did change a lot of my phone/app settings and it's still doing it. I'm sure it is a pandora/phone issue not Cardo issue but thought I'd run it past you all to see if anyone had it happen and was able to fix it. Thanks!
  18. miken0vf

miken0vf Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    have you updated to the most recent firmware, 5.2?
    i seem to remember this was an issue that was addressed with the latest release?
    dmulk likes this.
  19. csw0623

csw0623 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I did do that and now that you mention it, i think it started happening when i upgrade to the latest firmware. Interesting. Wonder if I can go back to the previous version and try that.
  20. miken0vf

miken0vf Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    dont think so, i think once its done there's no going back, at least not that ive seen an option to.