Cardo Packtalk Bold

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by ubermick, May 8, 2018.

1. csw0623

csw0623 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Figures :( Thanks!
  2. bigjohnsd

bigjohnsd '14 BMW R1200 GS Adv Supporter

Oddometer:
    I pair my phone to BT 1 and my NAV5 as a GPS, every once in awhile pandora will hickup when in the Offline mode, usually just goes to the next track part way through a song
  3. csw0623

csw0623 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Mine does not unpause and i cannot get it to play once it pauses. Frustrating!
  4. miken0vf

miken0vf Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    i too have had issues with music not starting/restarting etc. i figured out that it wasnt a cardo thing but an app thing, i could hear the cardo command bleepy in the speakers but the app wasn't responding the way i wanted, i have since changed player apps, (black player) and am also using iheart for music streaming and it seems to be working well so far. i need to make a "moto tunes" playlist though so i don't have to "next track" so much, maybe a diff playlist for diff ride styles...
  5. dmulk

dmulk Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is this a recent change? I believe Cardo allows someone to roll back to a previous firmware (or at least they did...I haven't check the community in a while, but it was on the left side....if you were on the newest firmware you usually saw a downgrade option or something like that in the place of the upgrade option....)
  6. miken0vf

Oddometer:
    dont remember, but i also dont remember seeing the option either.
  7. miken0vf

Oddometer:
    i just looked at the website and it was Spotify that was listed as being corrected. sorry for any inconvenience.
  8. csw0623

csw0623 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I did see that it was Spotify that was the issue. I never use Spotify. Pandora gave me no trouble prior to updating to the latest firmware. So strange! I emailed Cardo and hoping they have some insight. I will see if downgrading to the previous firmware update is an option. Thanks.
  9. GotFog

GotFog Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    If you haven't yet, try a factory reset then rebuild the system per the instruction sheet. I did and it worked surprisingly well. Good luck!
    dmulk likes this.
  10. csw0623

csw0623 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I may just do that. Thanks!
    dmulk likes this.
  11. csw0623

csw0623 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Maybe I'll try iHeartRadio. Sirius works just fine. I liked that I could skip to they have song on Pandora if I didn't like it.
    dmulk likes this.
  12. Tortuga353

Tortuga353 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    My wife decided to waterproof test mine in the washer. I let in dry in the garage for a day and plugged it on Friday. Charged and worked perfectly over the weekend.
    dstutz, dmulk and BruceWA like this.
  13. csw0623

csw0623 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That's impressive!
    dmulk likes this.
  14. Tortuga353

Tortuga353 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yeah I was impressed it worked, but I still wouldn't recommend it because YMMV. Also, be cautious of those extremely clean but slightly used bolds in the market place. :rofl
    KevinP65 and dmulk like this.
  15. csw0623

csw0623 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Good point lol
  16. cyberdos

cyberdos Easy Bonus Loop ♦♦

Oddometer:
    Been using these units for a couple of months now and everything works except the units reconnecting themselves when they are within range. They used to work flawlessly but now it's hit or miss so whenever they are not connecting one of us has to restart the unit for it to reconnect. It's annoying as hell.

When we used Senas it was just pushing the jog dial once to reconnect. What is the procedure with these units since I've tried hitting all of the buttons and nothing other than a full restart seems to reconnect the units?
  17. cblais19

cblais19 Long timer

Oddometer:
    To each other? DMC or BT?
  18. cyberdos

Oddometer:
    yes, to each other. DMC. It's supposed to be that when they are back within range they reconnect. Although most times they do, it is not always the case. It has happened multiple times in the last few rides. being out of range happens often and the only way to get them to reconnect is to turn one of them off. Annoying.
  19. yoohah

yoohah Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Exactly this is happening between me and my riding buddy. We need to manually awake the connection. We use BT. When we start up the units it announces the connection with the Rider A or B. Should we use the voice command or what. It used to be different before the last firmware.
  20. cyberdos

Oddometer:
    Using BT with these units is supposedly going backwards in technology.
    scottydawg likes this.