Cardo Packtalk Bold

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by ubermick, May 8, 2018.

1. dietDrThunder

dietDrThunder Why so serious, son? Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ya those work fine, and have nothing to do w the Cardo, except that it is transmitting your voice to it. I'm talking about the direct Cardo commands.
  2. pilot

pilot ...

Oddometer:
    Contacted Cardo and they are stepping up. They are temporarily out of the Slim, so they are replacing mine with the Packtalk Bold. I am happy so far with their response. :thumb
  3. GreyThumper

GreyThumper Long timer

Oddometer:
    Strange, I prefer using "Hey Cardo" to "Hey Siri" (or whatever your phone's digital assistant is) because it's much faster, at least for functions that are common to both. I notice the CardoConnect App has a voice sensitivity function, where there's a Min-Max slider. Could it be related?
  4. cyberdos

cyberdos Easy Bonus Loop ♦♦

Oddometer:
    Another small tip that has been working for me is if music is playing and I want to change to another station or command I first mute it and then 'OK Google' it.

For example, today I asked Slacker to play music. It starts playing at whatever station it left off at. So to change the station I first mute the music>OK Google>"Play (other station) on Slacker Radio".

Works a charm IF I mute the music first. Most times, if I try to 'OK Google' without muting the music first it doesn't work.
  5. dietDrThunder

Oddometer:
    I have tried every combination of sensitivity/my voice volume. The only one that reliably works is med sensitivity and a regular speaking voice. But even then, the only command that works all of the time is 'battery status.'
  6. bigjohnsd

bigjohnsd '14 BMW R1200 GS Adv Supporter

Oddometer:
    Not sure I've ever tried it. Usually run in offline mode due to location
  7. new2adv

new2adv Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm using the Packtalk Bold in my Arai XD4 helmet. Two minor issues that are bugging me:
    1. The speakers don't adhere well to the foam. They keep falling out.
    2. The ear pocket in the helmet is way bigger than it needs to be for these speakers, so they are too far away from my ears and the volume is very low. (Relative to ambient noise in the helmet.)
    Anybody else run in to these issues, and found solutions? Any suggestions gratefully received.
  8. Francisco Castro

Francisco Castro Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I don't have any issues. You can't just put them there. Look to the content of the box.

Again, if you look on the content of the box, and to the manual, you have there a solution to make the speakers stay closer to your hear.
    fredz43 likes this.
  9. dstutz

dstutz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Why don't you just tell him to use the "SPEAKER RELOCATORS (BOOSTERS)" included in the kit?
    https://www.cardosystems.com/shop/speaker-relocators-boosters-2/
  10. MUDHWY

MUDHWY Waiting for that day

Oddometer:
    BruceWA likes this.
  11. new2adv

new2adv Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks all for the replies. Looks like I should have read the manual a bit more closely...
  12. bigjohnsd

bigjohnsd '14 BMW R1200 GS Adv Supporter

Oddometer:
    I couldn't get anything to stick to the foam in my Klim Krios Pro, I ended up screwing a male velcro button to the chin bar to get the button microphone in the correct place. I cleaned the foam with alcohol with no success, then several other solvents but the Velcro adhesive just wouldn't stick to the foam.
  13. pilot

pilot ...

Oddometer:
    I got the replacement Bold last week in exchange for the defective Packtalk Slim. I just mounted it on my Shoei helmet. The Bold is charging and I'll try it later today or tomorrow. I'm very happy with Cardo's response to my problem.
  14. Kingfish

Kingfish Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A friend used a hot glue gun to attach his microphone velcro patch on his Klim Krios Pro. So far the velcro patch has stuck to the inner chinbar of my Krios Pro.
    bigjohnsd and scottydawg like this.
  15. dietDrThunder

Oddometer:
    I realized that 'volume up' and 'volume down' also work.
  16. scottydawg

scottydawg Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am just getting started on a review of the Cardo Packtalk Bold and based on input from a few friends that use it they say to not pause when using the commands. So instead of saying "Hey Cardo... volume up", say "Hey Cardo volume up".
    Worth a try to see if more commands work.
  17. MUDHWY

MUDHWY Waiting for that day

Oddometer:
    Proof the machines are winning.
  18. dietDrThunder

Oddometer:
    Just tried it. If I don't pause none of the commands work.

The issue is clearly that the Cardo does not recognize the words I am saying. I can say 'hey Cardo...battery status' 10 times in a row and I'll get an answer 100% of the time (I have done this). I can also say 'hey Cardo...next track' 10 times in a row and never get any result.
    scottydawg likes this.
  19. jspringator

jspringator Long timer

Oddometer:
    How do you get it to mute? An earlier post suggested it works better when the audio is muted. After 8 to 10 tries I can get Siri to pick up.
  20. cyberdos

cyberdos Easy Bonus Loop ♦♦

Oddometer:
    Click the Control Wheel.