1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Cardo Packtalk Bold

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by ubermick, May 8, 2018.

1. cblais19

cblais19 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Huh. I haven't had any issues with that in a while, where before I used to have to do a whole dance - sometimes including manually disconnecting/reconnecting with my phone before it'd work. iPhone 11 Pro / PTB, no additional connections, iPhone also paired with Watch.
  2. TBTSyncro

TBTSyncro Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    There have been two updates during 2020, so maybe its not that up to date? Hard to say based off of the limited details you posted. Current version is 5.7
    boulet_boulet likes this.
  3. boulet_boulet

boulet_boulet Long timer

Oddometer:
    Since it looks like the newest version was released yesterday, I'd say I am not up to date. Thanks.
  4. OleShep

OleShep Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    they just released a bug fix fw yesterday.. you got that onboard already?
    GotFog likes this.
  5. * SHAG *

* SHAG * Unstable

Oddometer:
    Go to the 28 minute mark on this vid!
    bigjohnsd likes this.
  6. fuzzbeard

fuzzbeard Autobahn avoider

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the heads-up, will get right on that
  7. judgedelta

judgedelta Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I was liking my month-old Packtalk much better than the old Harley-branded Sena that I had since '17, but still having trouble with the music volume not being loud enough to overcome the wind/engine noise and more particularly with some tracts being loud enough, then some tracts not being audible, as in too low. Anyway, I got on Google and found out how to go into my iphone and set the music for extra volume and also how to equalize the volume on all tracts. All is good once again...
  8. OleShep

OleShep Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Go into the app and pump up your background music volume. That may help
  9. judgedelta

judgedelta Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    The iphone settings for music took care of everything. Didn't have to use the Cardo app.
  10. boulet_boulet

boulet_boulet Long timer

Oddometer:
    I updated my firmware today to current and still get the phone connected / disconnected / (usually re-)connected routine. Also tried forgetting the device on the iPhone and repairing. No dice.

I opened a ticket with Cardo and will report back if anything substantial comes of it.
    fuzzbeard and Bayner like this.
  11. TBTSyncro

TBTSyncro Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    i would do a full factory reset, and then re-do your pairings (if you havent already). I actually do this with every firmware update.
    boulet_boulet likes this.
  12. boulet_boulet

boulet_boulet Long timer

Oddometer:
    This seems to have done the trick. Thanks.
    TBTSyncro likes this.
  13. fuzzbeard

fuzzbeard Autobahn avoider

Oddometer:
    Yep, good call. For me as well, thanks!
  14. Sonny S.

Sonny S. Long timer

Oddometer:
    My girlfriend have been considering a helmet mounted communication system.
    We rarely ever close the shield on our helmets. Pretty much just for very cold or rain.
    We ride separate bikes, how would wind noise be with a full face helmet and shields up at highway speed ?
  15. cblais19

cblais19 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I can’t make any guarantees you’d hear each other, but the noise isolation is very good at ignoring windblast across the mic.

If you’re riding shields up on the highway without a windscreen, I’ll submit to being baffled.
  16. new2adv

new2adv Converting gas into wheelies since 1974

Oddometer:
    I ride on the highway with a windshield, face shield open, and the Cardo seems to have no problem suppressing wind and road noise.
  17. yoohah

yoohah Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Has anyone tried to use group conference call via phone? We have a small group with Cardos and Senas. I know how to connect one pair with universal connection. But with Cardo the bt-connection stays on 30 seconds and then I need to manually connect again. Not very useful.

Then I got an idea that each rider uses his own phone with Whatsapp group conference call. Actually fist two must establish the call and the add up other riders. The sound is very clear with some delay.

I wonder how long the phones continue with the conference call? Is there any time limit for the call? We all have a free 4g data plans, so there would be no additional cost.
  18. mickthesaw

mickthesaw Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi guys, some help here please in the UK.I've just ditched a Sena SRL as it cannot do two bluetooth profiles at once, music would often skip and FF.
    So reading the blurb for the Pactalk Slim I've invested in one of those.
    But I've got two issues
    1. I cant for the life of me get parrallel bluetooth audio to enable.I've got an Iphone and theres nothing on the cardo app to enable it,tried it on a android phone and nothing again.? the Cardo community doesn't recognise the device in windows 10.? whats going on.? I have mobile 1 to the BMW tft and mobile 2 to a Sena SR10 for group chat via a PMR446.
    2 when the SR10 interrupts music, the music lowers slightly but fades away completely but comes back ok without FF or skipping, but I'm missing the first 2-4 seconds of a transmission as it takes to long to intiate on the Pactalk slim.
    Any ideas.?
    Thanks
  19. miken0vf

miken0vf Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Doesn't mobile 1 have priority over mobile 2? Try pairing opposite of what you have now? Sr10 to 1 and bmw to 2? I would pair sr10 to 1 first and test before pairing bmw to 2, so I could narrow down what's happening

edit: the following is incorrect, I'm a bonehead and thinking of something else.

The parallel bluetooth is for sharing music with another rider, over bluetooth, while in DMC. There is a process to be followed in the app and the other rider has to okay also? It's been a while since I've done it.
  20. rider1150gsadv

rider1150gsadv Long timer

Oddometer:
    Today my brother and I added another rider to our group and it adding another rider to the system worked flawlessly. The one thing I have to say is that background noise has everything to do with the helmet as our friend has a noisy helmet and ours are much quieter. Our buddy is helmet shopping right now...:lol3
    Grinnin likes this.