Cardo Packtalk Firmware Upgrade Announcement (5.2)

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by bigjohnsd, May 4, 2019.

1. bigjohnsd

bigjohnsd '14 BMW R1200 GS Adv Supporter

Oddometer:
    Received the following e-mail this morning

Dear Valued Customer,

We are happy to announce our latest firmware upgrade 5.2 which will ensure an even better riding experience with your Cardo device.

Spotify Digital Music
    App Compatibility

If you are using an Android mobile phone and the Spotify digital music App, you may have experienced some issues playing or stopping your music.

We want to let you know that we have fixed this issue, so you can go back to enjoying your music while you ride.

Cardo Systems Now Supports Queen’s English for PACKTALK BOLD, PACKTALK SLIM, and FREECOM 4+

If you are a native English speaker, but not North American, we are thrilled to offer you our new and improved Natural Voice Operation in Queen’s English.

Please follow these simple steps:

1. Upgrade your firmware to the latest version (5.2) through the Cardo Community.

2. Download the latest version of the Cardo Connect App (or update the App if you already have it).

3. Go to App Settings: → Localization → Language → Select ‘English (UK)’.

Cardo Systems is here to make your riding experience your best experience!

Feel free to reach out to marketing@cardosystems.com with any questions or concerns.

The Cardo Team
    rizzo27, scooterdoctor and scottdc like this.
  2. NoMoreTrackDays

NoMoreTrackDays Too young for my GS.

Oddometer:
    Meh, I really liked their Packtalk back then but the new freecoms are not as good. For one, the adhesive kept failing so I had to use my own Velcro to keep the thing in position.
  3. side-burn

side-burn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I like them a lot. Only bummer is when I upgraded the firmware my connections were all lost so I had to repair the TFT as phone 1 and GPS as phone 2.

The Sena just sound so tinny comparatively.
  4. PaulBarton

PaulBarton Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm not sure of the OP intent with this post. Are you just alerting ADVRider to the firmware update? I assume if they bought and registered the device they are getting the same email. Interestingly enough, I bought directly from Cardo and didn't get the email notice until after I had already installed the update --- I felt like I had prompted the email notification but it could have just been coincidental.

The Packtalk Slim works great for my usage. The voice activation is excellent. I have had to reconnect to my main riding partner even though our units were paired at the factory. I mostly ride solo so that may have something to do with it.
    SmittyBlackstone likes this.
  5. leafman60

leafman60 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have been using the Packtalk Bold for a while now. It's an amazing device with no peer currently available.

Yes, I did my latest 5.2 upgrade.
  6. chtucker

chtucker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Freecom 1 here.. Firmware update didn't apply to that model..

Other than that, it was one of the best $100 bills I have spent. Spotify streaming + BMW Nav providing directions on a dual channel Bluetooth is awesome. I could care less about intercom/phone usage... Just want music and directions..
    SmittyBlackstone and side-burn like this.
  7. virkdoc

virkdoc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Packtalk bold and I never get an email regarding firmware update......Thanks for the post
    Updating as I type :)
  8. bigjohnsd

bigjohnsd '14 BMW R1200 GS Adv Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yes, this for the reasons others have posted above. For some reason, not everyone seems to get the emails?
    dmulk and scooterdoctor like this.
  9. PaulBarton

Oddometer:
    I think this specific update was for Android users and UK English-speakers. Maybe it was a targeted distribution ;-)
  10. Deano747

Deano747 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Cardio & Mac OS don’t play nice. Run Cardo Support through Chrome or Firefox and the update works just fine. Went from 3.1 to 5.2. Didn’t get the email either. I suspect there isn’t a Mac app, but haven’t looked to find out as I don’t need or want it. Thanks for the heads up. Maybe the Packtalk & Nav V will play nicer now.
    scooterdoctor likes this.
  11. PaulBarton

Oddometer:
    I run it on Mac OS with no probs. My comment about Android was regarding the update content — there was a problem with the 5.1 update for Android users. 5.2 fixed that.
  12. virkdoc

virkdoc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I run it on the Mac too without a problem.
    I have not received an email for any update till now.....neither for this nor for my earlier packtalk
  13. dmulk

dmulk Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Why did you move from a Packtalk to a Freecom? (that seems like a downgrade...) Just curious.
  14. RonkoRider

RonkoRider Wrong Island, NY Supporter

Oddometer:
    Anyone else have issues with the upgrade? My Packtalk was working fine on my Mac but froze up mid update. Wiped out all my settings and my groups. Now, I can’t get it to synch on a Mac or a PC.

Going to call customer service to see what they can do. Got a feeling I’m screwed but hopeful they will swap out my unit.
  15. mritter465

mritter465 n00b

Oddometer:
    I did the 5.2 firmware on a Mac but had to use Chrome as the browser. The update would not work using Safari.
  16. * SHAG *

* SHAG * Unstable

Oddometer:
    I did the updates on both my headsets but have not used them since. Nothing unusual happened while updating
  17. doubledogdare

doubledogdare doubledogdare

Oddometer:
    What are the changes in the new update and/or improvements included in the update? My only gripe is that My command "Hey Cardo, Music On" and I get "Mute Audio".

Hopefully the update will fix that audio command.
  18. dmulk

dmulk Been here awhile

Oddometer:

If you haven't tried a master reset I'd give that a shot before losing all hope...

19. irishrover

irishrover Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Holland,Austria, New York, Dublin,Phnom Penh
    Just bought a Packtalk Bold with JBL speakers, says I need to upgrade from FW5.0 but showing me a fault when I try to upgrade it.. Great start to a new piece of Tech.. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Tried Restarting it, Wiping it with the three-finger salute, rebooted my laptop......

Any thoughts would be great.
  20. zachd

zachd Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Call them? Their customer service has been top notch over the phone when I've called them before.
    Lowndes likes this.