careful what you ask for, I may have evicted myself!

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by peterman, May 20, 2021.

1. baloneyskin daddy

baloneyskin daddy bikaholic Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    You probably sold it too cheap with prices the way they are right now and if you buy or build right now you'll pay too much. I hate renting but right now its probably a smart move until the market readjusts itself (collapses). Don't be surprised to see them do a little work on your property and flip it for a nice profit.
  2. oldmonkeybut

oldmonkeybut Flatulent Supporter

Oddometer:
    Throw some car parts out of Timmy's spare room....Isn't he in Portland most of the time anyway?
  3. peterman

peterman cop magnet Supporter

Oddometer:
    Springfield,,,,like the Simpsons,,,orygun
    Well, aren't you the bringer of glowing light.
    Not likely, the shop is grandfathered as a machine shop, and must remain so. If it were not for that restriction there would be many potential buyers.
    I need a temporary living space on the receiving end of my move.
    The plan is to build a smaller shop, move some of my equipment there and set up in a new location where I can retire. A rental seems like it might work.
  4. Mista Vern

Mista Vern Knows All - Tells Some.

Oddometer:
    There's always DireWolf's barn or horsie arena. Lots and lots of room and a hobo who already lives there to talk to.
    wibby likes this.
  5. peterman

Oddometer:
    clarification:
    I am selling my shop and leaving enuff equipment for the buyer to remain a machine shop, thereby satisfying the city restrictions on land use.

I am moving to the farm to build a smaller shop to house me, and the machines that I will be keeping.

I need a temporary housing unit to live in at the farm until the new shop gets built.

Once the building is up and I have moved in, I will re-open for business to a few select customers.

(notice a period at the end of each sentence),,no I'm not living there in a tent in the interim.
    ScottMalv, unclehoot and Scott_PDX like this.
  6. thetourist

thetourist Just passing thru

Oddometer:
  7. HellsAlien

HellsAlien a has-been that never-was Supporter

Oddometer:
    You can use my trailer in Baja again, but the commute would suck.

RV then sell or burn it when moved in to new shop.
    I know you don't want to live in a trailer so there's that motivation.
  8. Apple Jam

Apple Jam Ride Oregon First Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey @peterman ...I just happen to have an old Itasca 23 foot Beaterhome on wheels that would suit your temporary needs pretty well, I think. All it needs is a new hot water tank to replace the one I froze and busted, but everything else works, including the on board Onan 4k generator. It still runs good with a big 454 and under 108k original miles, but it hasn't been started in 2+ years, and it needs two front tires and a battery before it drives all the way down that way. It might leak just a little bit but it has a Queen Mattress inside....
  9. peterman

Oddometer:
    Jeffy, do you have any idea how many frozen/busted water tanks I have welded?
    No, of course knot.
    I really like the offer from Hells, but that would entail, "just take the money and never come back across the border".
    Not ready for that step yet. However, if plans work out I can still do winters there.
    Hells's trailer has its drawbacks too, barking dogs and crowing roosters and pomegranates falling on the ground! Not to mention the buzzards in the palm trees.
    The tourist has got my vibe, and understands where I was going with that, and it was nice of him to offer to bring me one of those rigs,,Thank you!:D I kinda like the one in Spokane:clap,maybe Ladybug would go look at it for me:lol3,,
    ,,but obviously for me, the cheaper I can get by, the more cash I have left for stuff like roofing and electrical, which have both gone up due to tariffs.
    Wood and steel have both gone skyrocket in pricing, so I'm considering buying a portable sawmill, and buying timber on site, and cutting lumber for construction. The die is cast,,I will know more about official papers either tomorrow or next week.
    AJ,,, I can buy tires for your Beaterhome, and fix or replace the tank,,be thinking about what you might want for a rental for a few months. It would be parked and not driven.
    Thanks to all ,,,,,,,,,,,,peace.
  10. peterman

Oddometer:
    This represents the biggest change in my life since I moved in here.
    kwisn and OR_Rider like this.
  11. unclehoot

unclehoot Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Peterman , from what I've been reading You have a lot of people that will step up when needed and get Your ass where You want it , just as You would to help Them . So relax and roll another one and throw down a couple of beers and it will all work out for You . Just remember " when Your going through hell , SPEED UP ! . This will all pass and life goes on .
    Mista Vern and OR_Rider like this.
  12. tblume

tblume Always Be Gambling

Oddometer:
    Either hell's or Jeff is right, or both..
  13. peterman

Oddometer:
    whatever y'all say,,I'm still scared.
    unclehoot, Apple Jam and sector like this.
  14. Drtyfun

Drtyfun Here and There

Oddometer:
  15. tblume

tblume Always Be Gambling

Oddometer:

While we're clarifying: Springfield Oregon to Myrtle Creek area, and bumper pull/1500 suburban, unless there's an easy way to borrow a 5th wheel rig, or there's a service that doesn't cost the same as the trailer from Spokane to Myrtle Creek.

:deal
  16. Apple Jam

Apple Jam Ride Oregon First Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    It seems to me that the cost of the front tires and the new battery it needs should cover rent for a year or so. I think I even have a good HW tank with bad fire mechanism from an old dead & beat 5th wheel trailer that the previous owner "donated" to my property. I think they may be transferrable parts.

Of course, I need to drain the old gas and get it started again.
    Lemme know your timeframe.
  17. Mista Vern

Mista Vern Knows All - Tells Some.

Oddometer:
    You being skeered? Unpossible. Even if you are, you have a support network that millionaires would envy.
    kwisn, Squishy, unclehoot and 2 others like this.
  18. wibby

wibby BrotherFromAnotherMother

Oddometer:
    thought you were going to live on the farm?
  19. peterman

Oddometer:
    post #45 wibbens,,,read it.:dirtdog
  20. wibby

wibby BrotherFromAnotherMother

Oddometer:

I posted before I got that far old man