pvangel's campers, bikes and all things cool thread

Discussion in 'Camping Toys' started by pvangel, Nov 22, 2019.

1. .52089

.52089 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looks like the perfect rig to me. Enough room for two humans, a dog or two and all the comforts of home.
    Night_Wolf and pvangel like this.
  2. pvangel

pvangel Team AARP

Oddometer:
    @Flying Frisian I ended up plumbing in a trap with the pipe elbows before it entered the holding tank, was super easy and had plenty of room to do it.
    Flying Frisian likes this.
  3. pvangel

pvangel Team AARP

Oddometer:
    Maiden voyage tomorrow, doing it alone. Wife and son have to work but still headed South to go riding. Full report coming.

E7271F50-8B26-460D-AE54-2E920FAB9048.jpeg
    wee-twin, Bultaco206, Hannda and 20 others like this.
  4. GsGrins

GsGrins Imaginary friend

Oddometer:
    Looks great!
    Pro tip; when you lose power and check and reset every breaker on the main panel check the breakers on the inverter....
  5. pvangel

pvangel Team AARP

Oddometer:
    Got back last night from the maiden voyage. Drove 1150 miles, went to North Carolina Motosports track. Weather was beautiful but track sucked and rain was forecast for Friday thru Monday so headed back towards home and rode Field of Dreams in NJ where the track was great. I averaged a little over 8 MPG and cruised easily between 65-70 which is not that bad towing a trailer, might get 10 with no trailer on?

The RV was great, such a nice way to travel. I stayed at a rest stop on the way down, had driven about 6 of the 9 hr trip so pulled over around 7:00 pm and made dinner and watched a movie. Stayed at NCMP for two more nights which had an electric hook up but no water. I again headed North and slept at another rest stop after driving for about 4 hrs after riding that day.

The Radio speakers kept shutting off so have to look into that. Screen door latch is broken, the grey water gate valve is leaking but that meant it was never full so not horrible. Few minor items I will have to attend too, but in general all systems worked.

I took 6 showers while away, washed dishes and used the toilet and I still have water in the tank. Hot water heater worked great, propane tank shows 2/3 full and I had to run the heat every night. My wife made curtains that go behind the seats so while driving I didn't have to heat the whole RV from front and it kept the noise down and then when stopped to sleep you can just pull them shut.

My only negative is that the RV does get pushed around alot from wind and every tractor trailer that passes pushes you around. Not sure how to fix that though?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. pvangel

pvangel Team AARP

Oddometer:
    The only other thing is that I can't see the trailer behind me at all, I can see the top of it with the rear view camera but not the tires which I always like to keep an eye on while driving. I can see tires in turns or I have to swerve a little to check them out. I can't feel the trailer at all, I would forget to look for an hr or so and then have to look back to see if it was still there.
    Hannda, gpfan, sieg and 1 other person like this.
  7. Yinzer Moto

Yinzer Moto Long timer

Oddometer:
    Remote tire pressure monitors for the trailer tires?
    plumber mike, Hannda, pvangel and 4 others like this.
  8. spuh

spuh Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Good to hear it is working for you. Six showers; how big is yr water tank? Looking forward to your comparison between this Taj Mahal and your iconic trailers, etc. After you get more seat time of course.
    pvangel likes this.
  9. Bultaco206

Bultaco206 Back-to-back motos suck Super Moderator Supporter

Oddometer:
    You’ll never fully get rid of that. But a set of airbags on the rear might help minimize the wallowing by firming up the suspension some.
    Night_Wolf and pvangel like this.
  10. cheeseyboy

cheeseyboy Long timer

Oddometer:
    When are the matching graphics coming in for the trailer?
    pvangel likes this.
  11. pvangel

pvangel Team AARP

Oddometer:
    Thats a good idea, I still like to see them in case a wheel bearing goes but am probably too concerned about it.
    Yinzer Moto likes this.
  12. pvangel

pvangel Team AARP

Oddometer:
    its a 40 gallon tank, I do just take a quick shower to conserve water and shut it off when shaving. Still a nice hot shower though!
  13. cheeseyboy

cheeseyboy Long timer

Oddometer:
    How did you do at the race? Was Joey Scan there?
    pvangel likes this.
  14. spuh

spuh Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks. I was never in the Navy but I used to be good at quick showers. I agree on the hot shower though, especially as I age.
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  15. pvangel

pvangel Team AARP

Oddometer:
    No race, just a chance to ride while the snow is still on the ground here. No Joe Dirt.....
    Bigbob1 and cheeseyboy like this.
  16. Night_Wolf

Night_Wolf Leg Humper

Oddometer:
    As already mentioned, improve the suspension & the wallowing will lessen noticeably (front & rear if you have the cash)

Have you heard of Oxygenics Shower heads, look into one, they will make the shower more effective. You actually feel water pressure hitting you even in the camper.
    pvangel, EZ-D and Hannda like this.
  17. Hannda

Hannda Short, fat, bearded, old & slow

Oddometer:
    How do you compare your experience in this "store bought" rig to the trailer you built out? Still better even if you weren't providing more comfortable and spacious accomodations for your bride?
  18. pvangel

pvangel Team AARP

Oddometer:
    My last trailer build was great, I loved staying in it and really all I would ever need to stay in. That being said it did not have the amenities that this RV has, my home built shower and toilet were actually more spacious but to have the stove and a oven is great. I never put heat in my trailer, to just turn on a thermostat and have it work all night is great. I was driving home and was getting sleepy, pulled over in a rest stop and layed down on the couch for a 20 minute nap and was good to go fro the rest of the drive which was just so nice, I couldn't really do that in the trailer with bikes in it. The walk around queen bed is nicer then the bed I sleep in at home. The RV fridge is gas and electric so never had to worry about it keeping everything cold, had the outside fridge on the whole time so it was nice to grab a bottle of water after a moto. The two slides give you so much room inside, not claustrophobic at all. Having the bikes in a seperate space is nice because you dont get the smells and dirt in your living space, its really not the bikes but the riding gear all stinks.

My trailer was built much better then the RV, there is already loose trim I need to attend too and other minor things to fix but I have to say it is very comfortable and really a luxurious way to travel .
    agmoto, gpfan, Kyron and 8 others like this.
  19. pvangel

pvangel Team AARP

Oddometer:
    By the way, the guy who bought my trailer lived in upstate NY. He headed to Florida right after buying it with his Harley and has been living in it at a campground down there for the last month or so and said it has been great.
  20. Hannda

Hannda Short, fat, bearded, old & slow

Oddometer:
    The physical push, I fear, you're stuck with. But the wallowing from side-to-side that you get from that wind, taking corners, road crown, etc. can be addressed by adding better (additional) anti-sway bars front and rear. Look up anti-sway bars from a company called Roadmaster. They do a lot for Class A motorhomes but also make some for Class C units as well.

I'd also look into their steering damper. I know they make one for Class As, they may make one for Cs as well. And that might help some with getting pushed around on the road.