Carolina Craigslist Crap!

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by GI_JO_NATHAN, Mar 14, 2011.

1. SthrnRomr

SthrnRomr Southern Roamer

Oddometer:
  2. Trust

Trust but verify

Oddometer:
    I'd love to hear/see what a deal going through on one of these sounds like. Does it go for anything close to asking price? Is the buyer excited for all the "mods"? Does anyone involved have a clue about riding, or is it just the toe-dragging crowd that wears a helmet propped up on top of the head, backwards, because .... heck, I don't even know why?
    .... anyway, just a thought. Back to your regularly scheduled thread...
  3. Pathfinders

Pathfinders Long timer

Oddometer:
    It has good paint and body work for a hill climber but you won't get far with that worn out rear tire.
    SthrnRomr and turtlemoye like this.
  4. 4PawsHacienda

4PawsHacienda Long timer

Oddometer:
    SthrnRomr likes this.
  5. XJ99

XJ99 SFV650

Oddometer:
    ^ Could use one today!
  6. greasyfatman

greasyfatman Long timer

Oddometer:
    CL

• nashville > motorcycles/scooters - by owner
    ◀ prev next ▶

1978 CB 750 cafe racer - $12000 (Germantown)
    image 1 of 21
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

(google map)

1978 honda cb750

condition: new
    engine displacement (CC): 750
    fuel: gas
    odometer: 11000
    paint color: black
    street legal
    title status: clean
    transmission: manual
    type: cafe racer

1978 Honda CB 750. Restored from the ground up. This bike was taken in approximately a year and a half ago in parts. The engine has been rebuilt top to bottom with all new gaskets and seals. The restoration was full frame off. The gas tank has been redone inside and out. The oil tank was custom-made and repositioned under the seat to clear out the back end. The timing and tension system has been rebuilt. New cycle x rapid fire exhaust. New black wheels, instruments, electrical components, handle bars, and seat. Ducati monster front suspension with single disc brake changed to dual disc. New triple tree. This bike has a softer ride and better stopping power than the day it left the dealership in 1978. New rear springs and bottle shocks, license plate mount with turn signals built in and new tires. Front turn signals are built into the handlebar ends. Electric start and kick start. Do not contact me with ridiculous offers. This bike will not go for 6 or 8k. It will be held onto and passed on before it goes for that. Adult owned. Located outside of Memphis in Germantown Tn. $12,000.
    • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
    post id: 7076117173

posted: about 4 hours ago

updated: about 3 hours ago

email to friend

♥ best of [?]

safety tips
  7. BywayMan

BywayMan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Signal lights? Brake light? Mirrors? Chain? Chain-guard? Fenders? Don't know the purpose of such a so-called restoration when $12k can get you a '20 Kawa Z900RS Cafe with ABS, traction control, fully adjustable forks, more power, slipper clutch, display for fuel/temp/gear etc.
    XJ99 and SthrnRomr like this.
  8. STBNE

STBNE Southern Comfort

Oddometer:
    I haven't seen any scam ads for quite some time...Today i decide to put up my bike forsale on CL and discover the reason why the scam ads are gone..CL is now charging $5.00 for the posting of a bike or car forsale ad...(trucks too ofc)
    That really cuts down the riff raff...:clap
    MaverickNC likes this.
  9. SloSolo2

SloSolo2 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Facebook is still free, maybe we need a new thread.
  10. STBNE

STBNE Southern Comfort

Oddometer:
    well theres just the normal boneheads that are still out there...so theres that...:rofl
    SloSolo2 likes this.
  11. Trust

Trust but verify

Oddometer:
    :photog

https://raleigh.craigslist.org/mcy/d/chapel-hill-85-goldwing-great-mad-max/7094188374.html

85 Goldwing 1200 - A great mad-max pandemic vehicle candidate! - $300 (Chapel Hill)
    image 1 of 2
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

You waited your whole life for this moment. You attended every burning man event for the last ten years so your outfit is ready. You watched doomsday preppers on TV so your planing is complete! Oh no! You forgot to get a super cool road vehicle for the coming tribal gang wars in the fight over resources! Well I am here to save you from
    ruin! I have a 1985 Honda Goldwing 1200. Starts on the first try every time! This bike will be perfect for converting to a mad max style survival vehicle for the coming post coronavirus apocalypse! Comes in that lovely 1980’s Prince purple! You can wear all purple leather and have flowing locks like prince had as your adopted apocalyptic persona! All the bags are water tight. The engine was completely gone through. I rebuilt and cleaned out the carbs as well. Only known issues are the throttle cable sticks. I suspect I didn’t route it right when I put the carbs back on. New fuel pump and new thermostat. Also has a new radio with sd card mp3 player so you can play elliot smith at full volume because you are today’s road warrior! Not some old “born to be wild boomer! All fluids were recently changed. I need this bike out of my garage so I can build my new fortified bunker with 50 caliber machine gun nest to protect my stockpile of toilet paper, bread, milk, hamburger, and eggs. The wife in the picture is not included in the sale. Bike comes with a clean title but that probably won’t matter but another month or so before civilization collapses. So in theory if that happens before the 30 day grace period you might not have to get it inspected or pay the road tax. Buy this bike, sharpen your chain saw blades and be a survivor!!!!
    CoatsEast, MrCrisper and SthrnRomr like this.
  12. STBNE

STBNE Southern Comfort

Oddometer:
  13. Boobwod

Boobwod slave2trafficlight

Oddometer:
  14. Draechon

Draechon Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I believe I understand the appeal of a Grom. However, I don't understand the appeal of dumping "$4k" (more than the cost of the bike itself) worth of modifications onto one and expecting to get more than MSRP for the vehicle

https://charleston.craigslist.org/mcy/d/charleston-afb-2019-heavily-modded/7102325815.html

2019 Heavily Modded Honda Grom - $5000 (Charleston South Carolina)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    FOR SALE! My GF & I have thrown $7,000.00 into this 2019 Honda Grom that's been serviced by ChampionHondaBMWDucati on Dorchester since the day it was purchased brand new including the installations of every one the following premium upgrades & accessories:

15. STBNE

STBNE Southern Comfort

Oddometer:
    Ya cant fix stupid..but you can try to sell it to someone else who is stupid enough to want it...
  16. 4PawsHacienda

4PawsHacienda Long timer

Oddometer:
    Since things are kinda slow right now I thought I’d share the most unusual and interesting thing I’ve ever seen in a scrapyard. The only motorcycle connection I can think of is that I was out riding when I came across it

B15284A0-5FE7-43C4-A2D8-DDC2D8005136.jpeg
    Turismo9999 likes this.
  17. STBNE

STBNE Southern Comfort

Oddometer:
  18. Trust

Trust but verify

Oddometer:
  19. STBNE

STBNE Southern Comfort

Oddometer:
    I was in communication with the seller..it was the real deal...I almost bought it...but decided it was still too freaking big..even without the top box...
    It sold to a kid...
  20. Deezel

Deezel what? what?

Oddometer: