1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Carpe Iter - Navigation / Rally Roadbook / Remote controller

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Carpe Iter, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Bento

Bento 2017 GS Rallye / 2019 KTM 690 Enduro

Oddometer:
    I have sent you an email yesterday on admin@ did you get it?
  2. Carpe Iter

Carpe Iter By bikers for bikers

Oddometer:
    Yes. And I replied:-)
  3. Bento

Oddometer:
    Ah it was in my spamfolder :-)
  4. kubcat

kubcat Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yep I saw the tracking number and the email. I do some gnarly stuff, but that is probably only 10-15% of my overall use of the bike, given how few trails we have in upstate NY. As long as the electronics within the packaging are designed to withstand the vibrations, then I would think it will work well for me. The Terrain Command is very large and very bulky to add to the already crowded handlebar controls. It doesn't appeal to me visually either.
  5. Carpe Iter

Carpe Iter By bikers for bikers

Oddometer:
    The controllers have zero fail rate so far ;-)
  6. Bento

Oddometer:
    You still there? I e-mailed you twice but had no reply. Not sure if you got my emails because yours keep going straight into my spamfolder.
  7. Shawnee Bill

Shawnee Bill Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    My CI controller arrived in Oklahoma yesterday (ordered July 14). Took me only a few minutes to have it working with Locus Pro and Osmand.
    Really nice, today I will take it for a ride, sadly just some local roads not too far from home but enough to watch it in action.
    flamingm0e likes this.
  8. Shawnee Bill

Oddometer:
    While I'm not @Carpe Iter I received my CI controller yesterday. The CI controller comes pre-programed to work with Locus, just charge the battery, download the CI Control app from the Play Store, pair with bluetooth (which went very fast and easy) and it works! Just to check I switched to Osmand which I use a lot on the highway and it works there also. Going to be nice to zoom in and out and pan around the map without trying to use the touch screen on my Kyocera with my gloves on!

My phone, which I only use as a GPS, is currently not paired with anything else so I can not answer that part of your question. However I use a Cardo unit for talking to my riding buddies so I will also pair to that in order to get voice nav in my headset. I'll get back later with how that works out.
  9. SRTie4k

SRTie4k Northeast Explorer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info. Let me know how the cardo thing works out.
  10. flamingm0e

flamingm0e Long timer

Oddometer:
    You can have your Cardo connected to 2 devices at the same time. The Cardo will connect to 2 phones or a phone and a GPS. CI Controller will pair just fine with a device that is already connected to a Cardo and not interfere. Bluetooth does NOT have a limitation that would disconnect a headset for a keyboard (which is what the CI Controller is mimicking). Both of them work fine in tandem. I have my CI Controller connected to my tablet, and I also have my tablet connected to my Cardo for turn by turn and music.
  11. Shawnee Bill

Oddometer:
    Didn't get around to trying to sync up to anything yet, had a slight problem with the controller. It and my Kyocera somehow got all confused and the controls were not working as they should. I have another Android so I finally paired with it and the controller worked fine. So I went through both phones side by side looking for some setting difference, couldn't find any.
    So this morning I finally resorted to the classic software fix, uninstalled the CI Controller app, rebooted the phone, reinstalled the app and now all is well again. My guess as to what got off is I think Locus did an auto update between the time I had the controller working and the next time I tried it. There is a setting in the latest Locus, Controlling - Map screen to Use hardware controllers that lets you specify "Carpe iter", that was not there when I first set up my controller but when it quit working properly I checked and it was there.
    I think I'm really going to like this controller.

Maybe later today I will get around to pairing the phone to my Cardo headset.
  12. sam10000

sam10000 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi,

The CI pad seems like very good option for my navigation needs!

I just have couple of questions that I could not find answers yet.

Can the CI pad connect to a wifi for internet connection?

What are the dimensions (width and height) of the CI pad? And with the holder?

Any plans for Android 9/10?

Thanks!
  13. flamingm0e

flamingm0e Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yes, the CI Pad connects to wifi, otherwise you wouldn't be able to download apps, maps, or updates on it.
  14. sam10000

sam10000 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks!

I suppose you could also use sim card for internet connection instead of wifi.

Do you have the dimensions easily available?
  15. flamingm0e

flamingm0e Long timer

Oddometer:
    I don't have dimensions, because I don't have one.
  16. coloktmGS

coloktmGS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I bought the Terrain Commander control. It doesn't looks like the buttons are customizable. There's also seemingly no way to zoom out on LocusMaps. One of the red buttons zooms in, the other does nothing. Any help?
  17. flamingm0e

flamingm0e Long timer

Oddometer:
    Is there an app for it? Like the CI control app?
  18. coloktmGS

coloktmGS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes, the Control App works, but you can't program individual buttons.