Cascade Discovery Route

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by Apple Jam, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Baroquenride

Baroquenride Everyone dies, but not everyone truly lives.

Oddometer:
    Anyone know if there's cell service at either place? I can't make it until early on the 30th and hoping Jeff or someone else can text me to save me time looking for you guys, and I can drive straight to the cg?
  2. eric n

eric n Long timer

Oddometer:
    DSCN0270.JPG DSCN0238.JPG DSCN0276.JPG DSCN0267.JPG
    BobcatSig likes this.
  3. BobcatSig

BobcatSig Fresh Off The Couch Racing

Oddometer:
    Tentative new plan; try to head down Friday afternoon, ride and such Saturday and head for home. I'm participating in the Toman Memorial Dual Sport ride on Sunday.

However, if any of you are sticking around for the weekend in either spot, the wife and I are headed back down to Camp Tuesday - Friday.
    Apple Jam likes this.
  4. 97707

97707 addicted to placebos

Oddometer:

I'm pretty sure there won't be cell service at either camp. To get to Little Lava go south on Cascade Lakes Hwy (46) to the Lava Lake turnoff. The first right goes to Little Lava (NF 510) somebody should put a sign there if that's the place. There might be room at the main Lava Lake camp, if Little Lava is crowded. Little Lava is small, Big Lava has room for trailers. They are right next door.

For Cow camp, turn east on NF 40 off of Cascade lakes Hwy. In 0.3 miles turn south on 970. Go one mile to a T intersect. Turn left, camp is about half mile down. Also not a large camp. There's a sign says Cow Meadow at the junction of 40 and the 970. Somebody should put up a sign if that's the place.

You can drive to either camp, Cow Camp doesn't have a ton of room for many rigs with trailers.

BobcatSig likes this.
  5. Apple Jam

Apple Jam Ride Oregon First Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I hope to get to camp early enough to be able to ride back out for signal. I'll try to post up where I end up. I gotta work Mon/Tue, but I might get the 4th - 8th off, we'll see....
    BobcatSig likes this.
  6. Apple Jam

Oddometer:
    Do any riders know if the Detroit South to Big Lake section is open?
    I have not been down that far South yet this year.
  7. eric n

eric n Long timer

Oddometer:
    upload_2018-6-26_13-0-17.png
    BobcatSig likes this.
  8. 97707

Oddometer:
    I don't know who gets good signal like that.

I hope you have Verizon. My ATT service dudn't do nuthin close to what's on that map.

Up at Mt Bachelor, you're on a high point and might get good signal.

9. dougc

dougc I still didn't do it! Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Should at least be open all the way to US20. Have not actually ridden it but FR11 is open and other high area roads on that side of Detroit are open. Have not ridden on the south side of 20 this year yet.
    Apple Jam likes this.
  10. eric n

eric n Long timer

Oddometer:
    upload_2018-6-26_13-44-24.png

one tiny spot that should work for AT&T
    Crash Course likes this.
  11. 97707

Oddometer:
    This one spot is the green dot on 46 near the 4025? Good to know.

I'm about ready to fire ATT.
  12. Baroquenride

Baroquenride Everyone dies, but not everyone truly lives.

Oddometer:
    I've had Verizon for several years and only because it has the best coverage. It's worth it to me! In 2016 an ex-gf and I got stranded twice in 4 days out in the middle of NM, then in NV because her bike, then her truck broke down. My coverage saved the day both times.
  13. Hohmie

Hohmie Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thinking about coming up tonight or first thing in the morning, when are you folks planning on getting and or finding camp tonight?
  14. tdewitt

tdewitt gas'n it

Oddometer:
    It will be close to 8 before I find camp tonight. Leaving OC around 3 up 46 to Detroit.
  15. BobcatSig

BobcatSig Fresh Off The Couch Racing

Oddometer:
    It's going to be tough for me to make it this weekend. Work has been, erm... difficult. The Lobos DS ride on Sunday and I need to be in Seattle Sunday night for Monday meetings. The wife and I are headed down Tuesday if anyone is still around and needs or wants a riding partner. I'm going to try and bring both the 690 and the 250 XC-W.
  16. 97707

Oddometer:
    Hey Hohmie. I'm gonna try and meet AJ at Little Lava on Friday evening. If I can't do that. first thing Saturday morning.

17. Hohmie

Hohmie Long timer

Oddometer:
    We (wife) will come up in the morning and just ride for the day I've gotta couple things to do Sunday, I might have a day or two next week to go up again but busy the next weekend.
    See you guys up there!
    97707 likes this.
  18. Apple Jam

Oddometer:
    I'm in Bend now, getting gas and supplies. Will get to camp tonight before 3-4 likely. Still sticking to Plan A and then Plan B for a campspot. I'll put a sign at Little Lava CG if I go on to Plan B Cow Camp. Wherever we end up, I'll be there through Sunday.

And then, ....I'll be back Wednesday through the weekend again :clap
    Scott_PDX likes this.
  19. Apple Jam

Oddometer:
    "Plan A" has flown!
    I'm in Little Lava Lake CG, site #7. There's room for another truck and many bikes& tents. I'm gonna pre-pay this site #7 ahead for BOTH weekends and the whole next week also. It's a nice quiet and small CG with potable water and a boat ramp for non-motorized boats. Nice enough to call home.

I'm driving a silver quadcab Dakota PU with black lumber rack. I'll set up camp, unload shit, but I might need to leave tonight for a bit, but I'll be back before dark. Make yourselves at home in my campsite #7 if I'm gone.
    97707 and Scott_PDX like this.
  20. Hohmie

Hohmie Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sweet!